I have no idea how to use BB so i didnt know how to test it out. Since i just swapped my used xperia with a curve 8520.
    I went to media > memory use
    it says Total Free: 13 MB and total size is 15Mb

But it says that the internal storage of curve is 256mb or something?

Also, since i dont want to make another thread, is it ok to charge the phone even when its just 70-80%? because i cant help since i always plug it in my pc.
    04-26-13 10:00 AM
    I have no idea how to use BB so i didnt know how to test it out. Since i just swapped my used xperia with a curve 8520.
    I went to media > memory use
    it says Total Free: 13 MB and total size is 15Mb

But it says that the internal storage of curve is 256mb or something?

Also, since i dont want to make another thread, is it ok to charge the phone even when its just 70-80%? because i cant help since i always plug it in my pc.
    First, I'd like to be the first to congratulate you for seeing the light and switching to Blackberry.

Second, we need to know a little bit about the phone that you have. What is the model number of the phone? You can find this information by looking under the battery. The memory availibility and storage options have changed drastically in the past few years. It sounds as if you may have a 256mb MicroSD card inserted in the phone. Also I dont believe that charging your phone at 70-80% capacity will hurt the phone, but you may have issues with your battery life dropping off in the long-term if you decide to do so.
    04-26-13 10:09 AM
    First, I'd like to be the first to congratulate you for seeing the light and switching to Blackberry.

Second, we need to know a little bit about the phone that you have. What is the model number of the phone? You can find this information by looking under the battery. The memory availibility and storage options have changed drastically in the past few years. It sounds as if you may have a 256mb MicroSD card inserted in the phone. Also I dont believe that charging your phone at 70-80% capacity will hurt the phone, but you may have issues with your battery life dropping off in the long-term if you decide to do so.
    Thanks. I'm really liking Blackberry. I like how simple it is. And it looks good too. Id expect it'd be a boring phone with no apps but there are actually apps you could install (but still dont know what good apps i should know)
    Where can i find the model number?
    And i use 2gb sd card.
    Last edited by Kiel Maru Vasquez; 04-26-13 at 10:38 AM.
    04-26-13 10:17 AM
    The model number should be under the battery.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 10:50 AM
    The Curve 8520 is an older model. It has 256mb total internal memory which it uses to store apps, the OS, and run applications. Apps can only be stored internally, so if you have some large apps, it can take up the space quickly. I don't remember how much space the OS takes up on older Curves, but I always tried to keep at least 30mb free so the device would not bog down.

If you have a microSD card, you can put media and documents on it. Apps will not install to external memory. You will want to set up the camera to save to the SD card to help with free space.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 11:30 AM