I live in Vancouver, Canada, and I have been using an app called "Transit DB" from Android for looking at bus routes and arrival times. It simply gives me a scheduled arrival time at a bus station.

I am just wondering if there are any reliable public transit app with not only the scheduled arrival time, but also real time tracking for buses. I talked to a girl at a bus station last night and she told me about a tracking app on her Iphone

Anyways, if you have any recommendations, please let me know.

I have access to Snap, as well as Amazon app store, but I would obviously prefer BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    07-05-14 06:35 PM
    I live in Vancouver, Canada, and I have been using an app called "Transit DB" from Android for looking at bus routes and arrival times. It simply gives me a scheduled arrival time at a bus station.

I am just wondering if there are any reliable public transit app with not only the scheduled arrival time, but also real time tracking for buses. I talked to a girl at a bus station last night and she told me about a tracking app on her Iphone

Anyways, if you have any recommendations, please let me know.

I have access to Snap, as well as Amazon app store, but I would obviously prefer BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    Surprise!
    Hi again...
    I answered on your Amzon request...
    The surprise is this: the App is free in BB-world! Here's a screenshot
    Public Transit App with GPS Tracking-img_20140706_015649.png

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    07-05-14 06:58 PM
    And if you are in YYZ they have a TTC native transit app as well. Montreal as a few others including NYC, London UK all have their own real-time apps in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 10:57 PM
    Check out Rocketman.

-Victoria Regional Transit System
    -Whistler Regional Transit System
    -Vancouver British Columbia Rapid Transit (SKYT)
    -Kelowna Regional Transit System
    -Kamloops Regional Transit System
    -Vancouver TransLink

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/26778889

EDIT: I think the BB10 version is only for Toronto. But the Android version does other cities.

Edit again: Android version does work on my device.

Posted via CB10 - Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175/Telus
    Last edited by pgg101; 07-06-14 at 06:31 AM.
    07-05-14 11:02 PM
    I've been using RocketMan in Toronto since it first came out for the iphone. So happy they did a native bb10 version.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 07:56 AM
    Love rocketman in the tdot!

From my z30
    07-06-14 07:00 PM
    I haven't tried it personally, but there's an app on Google Play called LiveTransit Vancouver that's suppose to offer real time GPS locations.
    07-06-14 07:04 PM
    I've been using RocketMan in Toronto since it first came out for the iphone. So happy they did a native bb10 version.

Posted via CB10
    It is a great app!

I emailed the developer and asked if he was going to update it to include transit info for Mississauga and York Region and he said no as he does not have the time to update it based on the limited # of downloads. I was planning on downloading the Android version since it has this but it doesn't sound like it works based on what another poster has said above.
    07-06-14 10:36 PM
    Can't you use Google Maps? That's what I use for buses, trains, etc in the UK.
    07-07-14 04:05 AM
    It is a great app!

I emailed the developer and asked if he was going to update it to include transit info for Mississauga and York Region and he said no as he does not have the time to update it based on the limited # of downloads. I was planning on downloading the Android version since it has this but it doesn't sound like it works based on what another poster has said above.
    That's so sad to hear. This is where the BlackBerry issues come up. No support on even existing apps

From my z30
    07-07-14 11:40 AM
    That's so sad to hear. This is where the BlackBerry issues come up. No support on even existing apps

From my z30
    It's not so bad. At least we have a functioning native app that has all the TTC buses. York Region and Mississauga is definite nice to have. Hopefully one day soon it will be worth the devs time to update the native BB version.
    07-07-14 02:38 PM
    Rocketman doesn't work properly on my Z30.

Just check out the NextBus mobile site, or use Nokia maps, both from the browser, no need for apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 03:34 PM
    Sorry to revive an old thread, just wanted to mention another Android option here: Transit App

It has real-time tracking for bus systems that offer it. Also, the bus schedules are all stored offline so you can look up schedules/stops near you even if you have no internet connection.

Only downside is that it relies on Google Maps Service, so it needs to be patched with Cobalt's Play Services Patcher Tool with a custom Google Maps Android API Key. And you'll need Cobalt's other patched Google Services installed as well, of course.

Here is the version I patched May 25, 2016 with a custom API key. Feel free to use it!

Transit 1.0.0.3384
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ihnri6wdc9...tched.apk?dl=0
    Last edited by zjays; 05-24-16 at 11:36 PM.
    10-17-15 03:16 AM