While vacationing at El Conquistador Resort in Puerto Rico I lost my 2 month old curve. I would almost say it was stolen, we had dinner at one of the resorts restaurants and I forgot it at the table. I went back 15 minutes later and to my surprise the hostess said no one had found it or turned it in. I spoke to the manager and he went off to talk to his staff, a few minutes later he returned and said that no one had seen it. I could not believe this place in a matter of minutes my berry was gone; this was not a dive, it was an upscale restaurant, I expected them to return it. I followed up with him and the front desk for the next few days and it never turned up. I called it, sent emails offering a reward, to no avail. I lost every contact, password, email, that was saved on it. I had not taken the time to back up my data or to set up the security features. I have learned my lesson, my new curve is locked and my data is backed up. People lock your berry's and do not leave them within reach of anyone. I can just imagine a busboy or waiter showing off my curve to his/her friends rejoycing in his find. I wish you a painful death buddy!!! I'm over it now, but I cannot describe the anger and dissapointment that I felt at myself for loosing it, not backing it up, not locking it, etc. In the days that I returned to work waiting for my new curve to arrive, some of my employees asked me if everything was alright, several asked if I was transfering or leaving the company. I guess it was apparent that I was not the same without my berry. I hope that someone reading this takes one minute of their busy schedule to lock their device or back-up their data. I do not wish the pain that I felt for those to weeks on anyone, except for the person that took my curve.
    04-15-08 08:57 AM
    Sad to see that this is your first post. I feel for you...

Welcome 2 the club.

I lock mine all the time. The times I've misplaced my phones, I've always recovered, knock on wood.
    04-15-08 09:00 AM
    Sad to see that this is your first post. I feel for you...

Welcome 2 the club.

I lock mine all the time. The times I've misplaced my phones, I've always recovered, knock on wood.
    i agree with jayden
    people suck! and actually i have started locking mine and enabling content protection on the weekends. And thats not because i care about privacy, most of my close friends/co workers are welcome to look at anything on my phone(actually one of my work buddies regularly checks his myspace from my phone as that sight is locked on work pcs) just in case it gets stolen the c*(ksucker who steals it cant use it
    now during the week its too inconvenient to leave the password on as it locks upon holstering and i am constantly checking it and surfing the web. If its not safe at work/home then where is it safe?
    i feel for ya and i hope that soon the empty void in your life is filled with another wonderful curve
    ps-next time back up with desktop manager every week!

welcome to crackberry
    04-15-08 09:28 AM
    Why blame the Resort staff. Could have been anyone at the Resort who stole it.

Sorry for your loss.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-08 09:30 AM
    I wish you a painful death buddy!!! I'm over it now, but I cannot describe the anger and dissapointment that I felt at myself for loosing it, not backing it up, not locking it, etc.

Just to be the antagonist in this, it doesn't appear you are over it. Death, over this? I hope not. Those kind of words come back to haunt you.

Indeed, sorry it got stolen. Quite a lesson to learn.
    04-15-08 09:32 AM
    I can just imagine a busboy or waiter showing off my curve to his/her friends rejoycing in his find. I wish you a painful death buddy!!! I'm over it now, but I cannot describe the anger and dissapointment that I felt at myself for loosing it, not backing it up, not locking it, etc.
    So you're wishing someone a "painful death" because of YOUR error and carelessness?

I could understand if you were mugged by force, but you have nobody to blame, BUT yourself.
    04-15-08 09:37 AM
    I never put my Curve on the table when I'm at a restaurant... especially at a fast food place. I always feel I might slide it into the trash when emptying my tray. Another reason is that anyone can just run past you and pick it off. Maybe it was the staff maybe it wasn't. Someone could have been on their way to the restroom and there it was sitting at a table all by itself...
    04-15-08 09:48 AM
    i've often thought about locking my curve but its get to be hassle considering how much use its gets 7 days a week. but i do back it up, i guess i should lock up and learn to deal with the password entry if i wanna use it.

sorry for you lost....
    04-15-08 10:00 AM
    i've often thought about locking my curve but its get to be hassle considering how much use its gets 7 days a week. but i do back it up, i guess i should lock up and learn to deal with the password entry if i wanna use it.

sorry for you lost....
    You can set the lock to not enable for up to 1 hour I believe, so if you use it often you won't have to enter your password that many times.
    04-15-08 10:06 AM
    You can set the lock to not enable for up to 1 hour I believe, so if you use it often you won't have to enter your password that many times.
    bet, i'm on it
    04-15-08 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD