[b][color=#000066] Most of the tips and programs that have helped improve the user's experience, or solved a problem came from here on CrackBerry. Things like how to recover a dead BlackBerry, JL_Cmdr, CrackMem, up to recent times with Darcy, Sachesi and Cobalt.
    Hey don't forget BSAK too! Had to keep my .jad, .cod, and .alx files organized. But that SIC wipe thing is still a bunch of baloney! Lol.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-18-17 11:55 PM
    User forums were the only way to support users for years, before BlackBerry had their's. Almost everything I've learned, was outside their forum. Most of the tips and programs that have helped improve the user's experience, or solved a problem came from here on CrackBerry. Things like how to recover a dead BlackBerry, JL_Cmdr, CrackMem, up to recent times with Darcy, Sachesi and Cobalt. Are there instances when internal assistance is needed? Absolutely! Remember, we have many high ranking BlackBerry employees here, willing to lend a hand, and they do still offer end user support via other avenues besides their now extinct forum.

As Dunt said, the legacy support isn't really needed anymore, and most Android support wouldn't be GooBerry specific anyway. Fear not! No one will suffer lacking help, with a repairable issue, because BlackBerry closed their support site.
    In my experience, most user forums (for all software products) are filled with conflicting and incomplete information. A great example is the never-ending complaints about BlackBerry Link in Windows 10. But there is no comprehensive thread that documents the various reported issues and fixes. Those are spread out across many forums with lots of inconsistency about the facts.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    04-19-17 05:53 AM
    In my experience, most user forums (for all software products) are filled with conflicting and incomplete information. A great example is the never-ending complaints about BlackBerry Link in Windows 10. But there is no comprehensive thread that documents the various reported issues and fixes. Those are spread out across many forums with lots of inconsistency about the facts.

You're talking about a very complex issue, with a myriad of causes and solutions.

Yep, technically BlackBerry Link is not supported on Windows 10. - FYI: BlackBerry Link is not supported on macOS Sierra or Windows 10 | CrackBerry.com there is no one answer to fix the problem for everyone sadly and it sounds like you have tried most things. You can also backup using DBBT as well as Sachesi if you're looking for alternatives or wait for some other suggestions.
    The BlackBerry forum had the same situation, with no "one" consolidated thread guaranteeing your problem and resolution, but almost everything can be found here.

Let's not turn the BlackBerry support forum into some mythical repository.
    04-19-17 06:25 AM
    Hey don't forget BSAK too! Had to keep my .jad, .cod, and .alx files organized. But that SIC wipe thing is still a bunch of baloney! Lol.
    LoL! There's no way I could possibly list everything. Good or bad
    04-19-17 06:33 AM
    You're talking about a very complex issue, with a myriad of causes and solutions.

The BlackBerry forum had the same situation, with no "one" consolidated thread guaranteeing your problem and resolution, but almost everything can be found here.

Let's not turn the BlackBerry support forum into some mythical repository.
    Agreed. I hated it, too! The same goes for the Microsoft, Dell, and Intel support forums! When it comes to technical support, I'm old-fashioned and prefer an authoritative knowledgebase with documentation written by paid employees.

To me there's a difference between the role of user forums to share experiences and advice and the proper technical documentation and support of products. I have nothing but contempt for companies that crowd source technical support.

I am certainly biased, as I was the executive responsible for customer support for a closed streaming video service with > 1 million active users across more than 50,000 enterprise networks, many of which had local caching servers providing > 100M annual streams.

We offered live support to all end users with fewer than 50 people (tiers 1-3) thanks to a thorough knowledgebase and great online self-service support for the most common issues. That kind of support is a dying art, more from a failure of imagination than from a financial issue.

If a customer had an issue, we chased it down, documented it, published it in the knowledgebase and tagged it for easy retrieval. Over time, the phones range less and less.

DrBoomBotz and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-19-17 08:42 AM
    Agreed. I hated it, too! The same goes for the Microsoft, Dell, and Intel support forums! When it comes to technical support, I'm old-fashioned and prefer an authoritative knowledgebase with documentation written by paid employees.

To me there's a difference between the role of user forums to share experiences and advice and the proper technical documentation and support of products. I have nothing but contempt for companies that crowd source technical support.

I am certainly biased, as I was the executive responsible for customer support for a closed streaming video service with > 1 million active users across more than 50,000 enterprise networks, many of which had local caching servers providing > 100M annual streams.

We offered live support to all end users with fewer than 50 people (tiers 1-3) thanks to a thorough knowledgebase and great online self-service support for the most common issues. That kind of support is a dying art, more from a failure of imagination than from a financial issue.

If a customer had an issue, we chased it down, documented it, published it in the knowledgebase and tagged it for easy retrieval. Over time, the phones range less and less.

That's great, when there's an official fix that will work. IDK if you were around back when Verizon Curve peeps had bad call issues, after an update. It was hybrids that came to the rescue, when all else failed. IIRC, that was really the beginnings of the hybrids. If BlackBerry had had a forum back then, that solution would never have been posted anyway. Neither have many of the tips and tricks along the way. Not a knock on them. Official can only do so much. Further, a knowledge base can be an awesome resource, but it requires the user be resourceful enough to search and find the answer.

Chances are, even with your example, someone had an issue that was resolved outside your sphere. Probably by someone who, because of their distance from the source, could think further outside the box.
    04-19-17 10:07 PM
    That's great, when there's an official fix that will work. IDK if you were around back when Verizon Curve peeps had bad call issues, after an update. It was hybrids that came to the rescue, when all else failed. IIRC, that was really the beginnings of the hybrids. If BlackBerry had had a forum back then, that solution would never have been posted anyway. Neither have many of the tips and tricks along the way. Not a knock on them. Official can only do so much. Further, a knowledge base can be an awesome resource, but it requires the user be resourceful enough to search and find the answer.

Chances are, even with your example, someone had an issue that was resolved outside your sphere. Probably by someone who, because of their distance from the source, could think further outside the box.
    Oh, we had user forums and an active "evangelist" blog too. But they were for sharing strategies and practices not technical support.

Our staff were active on those channels to drive people to the support channel if technical issues were raised.

We just wanted to make sure that there was an authoritative answer to 99.9% of replicatable technical issues that our users encountered. That way, those could be linked to by anyone, and our product team could use the hit frequencies as a punch list for development.

04-20-17 07:29 AM
    It's a matter of professionalism..... for BBOS and BB10 users - and I guess even the PRIV and DTEKs, it understandable that BlackBerry is shutting down the hardware division, which would included phasing out support. And redirecting to what is left of an active community. They are done.....

It's TCL and how much they are willing to invest in the BlackBerry Brand that I question. BlackBerry Mobile / TCL haven't provided their means of supporting users yet... been a month since the "introduction" of the KEYone. I assume that once the device actually goes on sale, there will be some "official" support options on BlackBerry Mobile website. Because if "CrackBerry" is their planned support - then that is yet another example of just how little TCL will be putting into the BlackBerry Brand. Maybe CrackBerry can provide better support than the OEM can... but it won't be seen as a professional option that one would expect from a company serious about their future in the market.
    04-20-17 07:49 AM
    you know the color of your text sucks on this dark theme, pls change or i will report you. lol
    That bigbadwulf-darkblue® already sucked in old theme and CB app, so no difference for me
    04-22-17 04:54 PM
184 ... 678