I surprised you liked you 9800, I have one and for me, it's a piece of junk. The keyboard sucks, mainly because when I use it for extended periods the whole phone tends to become top heavy. The touch screen is okay at best, sometimes it doesn't respond well and tends to lag (as compared to, say, my wife's iPhone). The browser, while better than my 9700 (which I loved except for the painfully slow browser and frequent battery pulls), is still slow. And I still hate the fact that some apps (and I don't install many) need a complete reboot--but this is not just the 9800. And I keep hitting that damned lock key on the top left at inconvenient times.

So I can understand why you'd want to dump the 9800, I can't wait to dump mine. The 9900 is probably what I'd go for, since the form factor of the 9700 suited me better, so my beef is not with BBs in general, there are a few nags such as a crappy selection of apps or an absurd choice of omitting a front facing camera, but all in all RIM has pretty much caught up with the average Android or iPhone.
    12-29-11 03:02 PM
    I surprised you liked you 9800, I have one and for me, it's a piece of junk. The keyboard sucks, mainly because when I use it for extended periods the whole phone tends to become top heavy. The touch screen is okay at best, sometimes it doesn't respond well and tends to lag (as compared to, say, my wife's iPhone). The browser, while better than my 9700 (which I loved except for the painfully slow browser and frequent battery pulls), is still slow. And I still hate the fact that some apps (and I don't install many) need a complete reboot--but this is not just the 9800. And I keep hitting that damned lock key on the top left at inconvenient times.

So I can understand why you'd want to dump the 9800, I can't wait to dump mine. The 9900 is probably what I'd go for, since the form factor of the 9700 suited me better, so my beef is not with BBs in general, there are a few nags such as a crappy selection of apps or an absurd choice of omitting a front facing camera, but all in all RIM has pretty much caught up with the average Android or iPhone.
    I too had times where I hit the screen lock and didn't mean to. Sure os6's browser needed inprovement but it worked just as good as any device in.the same release time. On top of that it had a couple features that other platforms didn't which made it an easy browser to work in. The touch screen ui I found to be crisp all the time. I never had a lag and I used a lot of themes too. The ui is what I thought was so awsome about the 9800. Herd again we agree that in keyboard mode the device would become "strange" I don't inow if I want to call it heavy. I liked the key board. I cojld type like mad on it even when it got "strange".
    Even still the 9800 wasn't behind the times. It worked. I would like to use a 9810 for a bit just to see what its like with 2ce the cpu and a gpu. I didn't get a 9810 because it was the same screen size as the 9800. Rim shoulda made it bigger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-11 03:45 PM
    What on the blackberrys is out dated?

p

Just look at the flagship bold, it looks like my old 8330 Curve. It looks like it is stuck in a long gone style. That is why they are losing the American public that has been flooded with sleek looking Androids and IPhones.
    Last edited by NJPhilliesPhan; 12-29-11 at 03:52 PM.
    12-29-11 03:49 PM
    Just look at the flagship bold, it looks like my old 8330 Curve. It looks like it is stuck in a long gone style. That is why they are losing the American public that has been flooded with sleek looking Androids and IPhones.
    Looks can be subjective, so I wouldn't have used that as a main reason why a phone is outdated. I would have used something like poor selection of apps and no front-facing camera, for example. But to knock a phone based on looks doesn't necessarily mean the thing is garbage.
    12-29-11 03:59 PM
    I see your point but honestly disagree as does a lot of other non blackberry users. What I hear people say is that the blackberry is a sharp looking phone it just doesn't have on it what they won't.
    For that matter the ip4s looks for the most part like a ip3. True the ip4 is flat and the ip3 isn't but the 83xxs are a lot more different than the 9900s than the iphones are of each other. Different buttons etc etc. Bold an curves has nothing in common other tban basic shape and Keyboard of sorts. Most top line android phones like real simalur. Trying to look like and droid.
    This is one thing that has kept me around blackberry. You can learn how to use a 83?? Blackberry and then pick up a 9700,9800,9860,or 9900 and pretty much know your way around. So much so you can figure out what's different on the new os to do what you need to do.
    There hasn't been that big of a change in android or ios either.

12-29-11 04:08 PM
    If someone has an ipad why on earth would you want an iphone? The iphone is just a small ipad. Get a ipad 3or4g and call it a day! OR get a wifi ipad and any phone, but getting an iphone with it seems redundant. I mean there are no bridge capabilities.... Why?
    12-29-11 04:46 PM
    If someone has an ipad why on earth would you want an iphone? The iphone is just a small ipad. Get a ipad 3or4g and call it a day! OR get a wifi ipad and any phone, but getting an iphone with it seems redundant. I mean there are no bridge capabilities.... Why?
    Lol. I had the iPad first and after using it decided the iPhone would be nice to have when a larger device wasn't needed. Personally I like how everything syncs between the two.

I do seem to use my iPad more now that OS 5 has been installed. When home I use iMessage to text to all my contacts while browsing the Internet and other things. Very convenient.

If the 9900 hadn't had bricking issues and a better camera.... I would have already purchased it. Still waiting to see how AT&T users have faired before making that choice.

One more thing: it pisses me off that AT&T wants to charge me 199.00 for the 9900. Seems like most will choose the Samsung or iPhone before a blackberry. Almost like they(AT&t)made the choice to shoot themselves in the foot.
    12-29-11 05:47 PM
    One more thing: it pisses me off that AT&T wants to charge me 199.00 for the 9900. Seems like most will choose the Samsung or iPhone before a blackberry. Almost like they(AT&t)made the choice to shoot themselves in the foot.
    How much are they charging every body else?

12-29-11 06:02 PM
    As far as I know BB7, availiable now will have accsess to "BB cloud" and your itunes are welcome.
    BB7 is sweet..
    12-30-11 01:20 AM
    Guys didn't you really realize that he was talking about BBOS 10? ,, Look BBOS 10 Will be Released after One Year , if you want a new Phone take OS7 (9810 i guess your best Choice) , and then Take iPad ! , The same way you're gonna take iPhone and iPad take 9810 and iPad i don't think 9810 is really Higher Price then iPhone right ? ,, That IF You like your 9800 till now ! , if you hate bb that's soo another story
    12-30-11 08:29 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD