08-31-10 09:29 AM
55 123
tools
    I've said this on previous threads, mainly trying to target the fanboys who have this undying blind idea the RIM is all about upholding security over money. Stop it people RIM will bend over backwards for a money. And if that means giving up vital personal info to help countries snoop then so be it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's not about RIM complying with lawful requests, it's about the apparent ability for the government *not* to be able to scavenge your data as apparantly as easy as it is on driod and iphone.

Said another way, your home is safe and secure from lawful intervention until a search warrant is issued.

RIM has no choice to comply, but it's good to know, the governments can't harvest the data without some help.
    08-30-10 08:38 AM
    +1

RIM has already buckled to the demands of the government of Saudi Arabia, as they are going to for India and China. The North American market (customers that is, people who are going to purchase their products) is a tiny little peanut in a 20 gallon bucket compared to these counties. Volume makes profit, profit makes Mike's belly bigger, business is business, so it has been and so it will always be.

Nobody on here has the right to attack another country's people or way of life. Just sayin.
    I don't think anyone is doing that here. It's certainly not what this thread is all about at all. The issue only came up because "racist-phobic" people jumped to conclusions as they always do when anything race related comes up. Just one minor detail to remember... no one calls out racist in the crowd except the ones who are always racist in their own subconcious. So, case in point... stop constantly playing the race card, it's not about that unless you keep making it about that.
    08-30-10 11:42 PM
    I am so disappointed. Here all this time I thought RIM was the epitome of altruism, dedicated to furthering the fight of the Mother Theresa's of the world and single-handedly reverse global warming. :: sigh :: Now what am I going to do?
    08-31-10 12:16 AM
    Another fine example of leaving no straw ungrasped to try to find something negative about RIM...
    08-31-10 01:07 AM
    If you hate RIM and BB's so much, why the **** are you here?
    08-31-10 09:29 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD