Well mine came with a Bowflex and a Sham Wow! I think we both got good deals.
    I think I missed you...
    08-11-10 03:35 PM
    The Germain Sham Wow?? lol
    "You'll be saying Wow every time you use this towel".

https://www.shamwow.com/

It's the truth.
    08-11-10 08:22 PM
    I think I missed you...
    Hehe. Welcome back.
    08-11-10 08:23 PM
    Because they offer support for the 5th most spoken language in the world, spoken in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Lebanon, Palestine, UAE, Kuwait, Syria, and 19 other countries?
    Where's the Asian page links then? Why all of a sudden they have an SA link on the global homepage? Pretty sure that wasn't there a month or more ago. Just saying...

Hahaha Civic = Fail

Either this thread is Civic's weak example of a joke, ...

I found that "riding the donkey" remark particularily offensive.
    Yeah, sorry about the donkey wording... I used it instead of di** so I wouldn't upset the mods , but I can see where it would be offensive. I meant (no) disrespect.
    08-11-10 09:44 PM
    Where's the Asian page links then? Why all of a sudden they have an SA link on the global homepage? Pretty sure that wasn't there a month or more ago. Just saying...

Yeah, sorry about the donkey wording... I used it instead of di** so I wouldn't upset the mods , but I can see where it would be offensive. I meant (no) disrespect.
    Lol, maybe that was Rim's compromise, gave them their own web page

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 06:14 AM
    Take a look at the BB homepage. RIM's definitely riding that donkey all the way... It's funny how Mike talks all that smack, but he doesn't mean any of it. Like I said, they'll do anything for money and are too scared to do anything against other countries for fear that they'll lose that market.

Dude....You can't be serious!
    Exactly what smack is Mike talking!!!
    Man....you gotta think before you post.
    08-12-10 07:11 AM
    LOL...good thread Civic.

If RIM spent as much effort in upgrading their hardware and software as much as they pimp themselves out we wouldn't be discussing this.

Too bad they didn't kowtow to us loyal Storm 2 customers (see multiple OS6 threads) like they did to a country that openly harbors terrorists and considers women second class citizens.
    Last edited by dynot; 08-12-10 at 07:25 AM.
    08-12-10 07:19 AM
    LOL...good thread Civic.

If RIM spent as much effort in upgrading their hardware and software as much as they pimp themselves out we wouldn't be discussing this.

Too bad they didn't kowtow to us loyal Storm 2 customers (see multiple OS6 threads) like they did to a country that openly harbors terrorists and considers women second class citizens.
    +1,000!!

tenchar
    08-12-10 07:40 AM
    It's always a balancing act for companies to get new product out the door while supporting older hardware. I'm in the same S2 boat as everyone else, the only consolation, if their is one, is I really like the phone.

As far as them being in bed with any particular government, they are walking a tight rope. iphone and Droid don't have to worry about this tight rope as I guess intercepting communications from these devices is a no-brainer. (SA has kind of backhandedly shown the other devices don't have any real security, if the government wants in)

And while we really don't know what is going on behind the scenes with RIM and SA, I can not see RIM jeopardizing their future.
    08-12-10 07:59 AM
    LOL...good thread Civic.

Nail on the head there and have to shout out to Civic, we've not seen eye to eye in the past with all the "criticism" she gives RIM, but this last "debacle" they've just pulled with OS not being compatible to most of their devices, including my S2 which is still under a year old, I took the plunge with my upgrade and got the X and now I have eyes wide open to what she talks about, RIM is so far behind the times it's pathetic, it's mind boggling what little "simple" stuff that it can do that BB's can't. Guess I see now why they say "Droid Does".

So on that note Civic, I stand corrected and do apologize for so "blindly defending" blackberries, not that they are a bad product as I greatly enjoyed my Storm 2, but it's just too far outdated to even compete with what's out there, just like the "torch" which flame was extinguished before it was even released.

Having been a bb user and "blindly defended" it, I can honestly say that if they continue down this avenue, it's only a matter of time and I'll leave it at that. Will they go out of business, prolly not, but they've managed to push most, not all of the consumer side to other devices.

Look at it like this, if I have a selection of devices, all the same price, I'm gonna pick the one with the highest and most capable specs and features, for the same price as the lesser model anyone would be stupid not to, but keep in mind that is MY OPINION and I'm not speaking for anyone else.
    08-13-10 07:12 AM
    Racist?? Racist
    08-27-10 06:41 PM
    Civic seriously...is this how you got your 13K posts?
    08-27-10 10:42 PM
    You guys can scream and shout at her like I used to, but since switching from RIM after 2 years to something a thousand times better and all the things that are standard to the device I have now that wasn't on RIM, trust me she speaks the truth.

I too was once a BLIND follower, don't get me wrong BB's are good in many, many ways, but are just too far behind the times.
    08-28-10 07:13 AM
    What is standard built in government snooping? for the purposes of the discussion you might want to list some of the items you allude to other than the browser.

08-28-10 07:35 AM
    Pretty sure I never mentioned the "browser" in my post, but if you want to put there then by all means, as far as listing things, that is why you have a "search" option my friend, there is a thousand other threads detailing the differences between RIM and other devices out there so pretty sure I don't need to go over them again. What's even funnier is until a month ago, I was in your shoes, same device and defending RIM till the end.

Where the topic of this thread is concerned, read post #32, pretty much sums it up, if they spent less time "catering" to other countries and more time listening to their "loyalists" and customers needs and wants, they could've avoided all the negativity with their latest "hightech" device release.
    08-28-10 07:50 AM
    Actually your post is a pretty generic post, and what one person sees and works for them in a phone might not work in another phone. Since I rarely use the phone for browsing, except for Blackberry/crackberry I was really interested in what exactly you find so much better on the Droid to see if it had any relevance to the way I used the phone.

If browsing is it then so be it.
    08-28-10 07:57 AM
    Actually your post is a pretty generic post, and what one person sees and works for them in a phone might not work in another phone. Since I rarely use the phone for browsing, except for Blackberry/crackberry I was really interested in what exactly you find so much better on the Droid to see if it had any relevance to the way I used the phone.

If browsing is it then so be it.
    Hey, I completely agree with you on this, I'm not trashing your liking of RIM or anyone else's, all I'm getting at is there are far more than just one person that recognizes that RIM's prime is over, not saying your not entitled to continue using a RIM device, you are just 1 in millions of smartphone users and your probably one of the few that just "rarely" use your phone for browsing. Myself on the other hand use it as a mini pc with a phone built in, everything in the "android" os is much more integrated with itself and I agree that BB's are as well to some extent, but after learning the os on this, I can honestly say I can be far more "business" productive with what I have now than I ever could with my S2. Small example: I was a master at typing with "surepress" and honestly still miss it a little, but now I just hit a button and speak what I want to type and it's "spot on" with the accuracy, far more efficient than having to pull over and type out a message, but that's just one example, honestly there is far too many to list, but as you stated, it's "to each their own" and I completely agree. The only thing I get amused at is the defensive loyalty to RIM, cause I used to be the same way.
    08-28-10 08:17 AM
    Hey, I completely agree with you on this, I'm not trashing your liking of RIM or anyone else's, all I'm getting at is there are far more than just one person that recognizes that RIM's prime is over, not saying your not entitled to continue using a RIM device, you are just 1 in millions of smartphone users and your probably one of the few that just "rarely" use your phone for browsing. Myself on the other hand use it as a mini pc with a phone built in, everything in the "android" os is much more integrated with itself and I agree that BB's are as well to some extent, but after learning the os on this, I can honestly say I can be far more "business" productive with what I have now than I ever could with my S2. Small example: I was a master at typing with "surepress" and honestly still miss it a little, but now I just hit a button and speak what I want to type and it's "spot on" with the accuracy, far more efficient than having to pull over and type out a message, but that's just one example, honestly there is far too many to list, but as you stated, it's "to each their own" and I completely agree. The only thing I get amused at is the defensive loyalty to RIM, cause I used to be the same way.
    A year ago I looked at text to speech and speech to text, I think it was vingo or something. There is an "app for that" on blackberry, but I didn't find it very useful because I am in an office environment.

As far as the "defensive loyality" I disagree with the term. Every platform has their shortcomings and people will cite their reasons why something works for them. In discussion forums such as this, where I think a lot of mentality is three year old, nanana and my dad can beat up your dad stuff, there tends to be a lot of condescending talk, like "fanboism", "defensive loyality" would be another (and your posts are usually very well thought out and not condescending in the least).

People just can't accept at face value why things may be a certain way.
    08-28-10 08:48 AM
    Civic seriously...is this how you got your 13K posts?

Dude, seriously....go crawl back under the rock from which you came. All you do is go from thread to thread and pick fights with people. I hope you get banned soon. In fact...I may even try to help the process along.
    Last edited by 12MaNy; 08-28-10 at 12:03 PM.
    08-28-10 12:01 PM
    You guys can scream and shout at her like I used to, but since switching from RIM after 2 years to something a thousand times better and all the things that are standard to the device I have now that wasn't on RIM, trust me she speaks the truth.

I too was once a BLIND follower, don't get me wrong BB's are good in many, many ways, but are just too far behind the times.
    There are many more red pills where that came from Joel... I'm glad you decided to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.
    08-28-10 09:40 PM
    Just can't believe I was stupid enough to fall into the whole "blind faith" thing.
    08-29-10 05:50 AM
    Is this thread for real? And if it's for real, are you afraid of all Asian peoples or just the ones from the desert?
    that's a good one...where does the fear come from? hmm....
    08-29-10 03:36 PM
    I've said this on previous threads, mainly trying to target the fanboys who have this undying blind idea the RIM is all about upholding security over money. Stop it people RIM will bend over backwards for a money. And if that means giving up vital personal info to help countries snoop then so be it.

08-30-10 07:40 AM
    Racist?? Racist
    +1

RIM has already buckled to the demands of the government of Saudi Arabia, as they are going to for India and China. The North American market (customers that is, people who are going to purchase their products) is a tiny little peanut in a 20 gallon bucket compared to these counties. Volume makes profit, profit makes Mike's belly bigger, business is business, so it has been and so it will always be.

Nobody on here has the right to attack another country's people or way of life. Just sayin.
    08-30-10 07:54 AM
    My device lasts over 3 hours. Over 30 to be exact.
    It stays that long when you keep it in your pocket without using it
    08-30-10 08:11 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD