Take a look at the BB homepage. RIM's definitely riding that donkey all the way... It's funny how Mike talks all that smack, but he doesn't mean any of it. Like I said, they'll do anything for money and are too scared to do anything against other countries for fear that they'll lose that market.

08-11-10 11:25 AM
    hahaha nice!
    08-11-10 11:30 AM
    I don't get it? How is this proof?
    08-11-10 11:31 AM
    Well this is weird because it used to only have those four on the quick links. If they really did put this in I think they just don't want to lose business and make them feel more of a part of blackberry.
    08-11-10 11:33 AM
    http://SA.BlackBerry.Com does exist, but so does NA, UK and FR. I am sure there are similar resouces for Asian customers too.

08-11-10 11:34 AM
    Also remember it does say "Worldwide" at the top.
    08-11-10 11:36 AM
    Because they offer support for the 5th most spoken language in the world, spoken in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Lebanon, Palestine, UAE, Kuwait, Syria, and 19 other countries?
    08-11-10 11:48 AM
    Civic get another phone I am sure your up for an upgrade
    08-11-10 12:06 PM
    Thread failure.
    08-11-10 12:08 PM
    Is this thread for real? And if it's for real, are you afraid of all Asian peoples or just the ones from the desert?
    08-11-10 12:15 PM
    Hahaha Civic = Fail

Either this thread is Civic's weak example of a joke, ...

I found that "riding the donkey" remark particularily offensive.
    08-11-10 12:30 PM
    Please keep the conversation on topic, we have no tolerance for personal attacks.
    08-11-10 12:54 PM

It's just normal xenophobia and racism in display...this is "proof positive" of nothing...

yup...I walked away because the place was seriously getting to me and I said so...I'm about to buy the 9800 and came in to check on cases/info in advance of getting the phone (Gallery Place/Chinatown store tomorrow!!!!! 10 a.m.!!!!) and decided to snoop around a bit...

same ol' stuff....

apologists continue to make excuses for phones that can't hold onto a signal, even after key players in the company resign as a result of a design error; robotic fanbois continue to make excuses for phones that can't last for over three hours; haters can't figure out that "monitoring" messages is not the same as *giving access* to encrypted data; armchair economists continue to predict the end of RIM (as I've often said, it will happen soon enough, not the next couple of years) and loud complainers continue to bemoan everything about a device/platform they hate - yet *won't go without.* Just like I never left!!!

Thanks for all the fantastic info on the 9800 Salomondrin, phonegeek, Crucial, PK....you're all class acts!!! Branta - still around, man???

oh...yes...I realised that there are great things at the store here...I'd be shooting myself in the foot if I were to close my account, which as it turns out is not so easy to do...

Apologies in advance, Reed....wanted to say it...
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 08-11-10 at 12:57 PM.
    08-11-10 12:54 PM
    +1 for Radius and Qbnkelt.
    08-11-10 01:32 PM

It's just normal xenophobia and racism in display...this is "proof positive" of nothing...

yup...I walked away because the place was seriously getting to me and I said so...I'm about to buy the 9800 and came in to check on cases/info in advance of getting the phone (Gallery Place/Chinatown store tomorrow!!!!! 10 a.m.!!!!) and decided to snoop around a bit...

same ol' stuff....

apologists continue to make excuses for phones that can't hold onto a signal, even after key players in the company resign as a result of a design error; robotic fanbois continue to make excuses for phones that can't last for over three hours; haters can't figure out that "monitoring" messages is not the same as *giving access* to encrypted data; armchair economists continue to predict the end of RIM (as I've often said, it will happen soon enough, not the next couple of years) and loud complainers continue to bemoan everything about a device/platform they hate - yet *won't go without.* Just like I never left!!!

Thanks for all the fantastic info on the 9800 Salomondrin, phonegeek, Crucial, PK....you're all class acts!!! Branta - still around, man???

oh...yes...I realised that there are great things at the store here...I'd be shooting myself in the foot if I were to close my account, which as it turns out is not so easy to do...

My device lasts over 3 hours. Over 30 to be exact.
    08-11-10 02:22 PM
    My device lasts over 3 hours. Over 30 to be exact.
    yup, toots.....mine lasts 10 days....but I use mine!!!
    08-11-10 02:26 PM
    yup, toots.....mine lasts 10 days....but I use mine!!!
    You are a LIAR!
    08-11-10 02:28 PM
    LOL... So RIM is in bed with SA?? So is almost every country in the world...oil?
    SO RIM is in it for the money you say?? Really? all this time i thought multi million dollar companies were making products for us so we could be happy and share happy and wonderful moments with our loved ones..

You seem to know a lot about servers...stick to that. Business is definitely not your strong point
    08-11-10 02:34 PM
    You are a LIAR!
    I am MOST DECIDEDLY not a liar!!!! And mine came with a full set of gingzu knives!!!!!
    08-11-10 02:50 PM
    LOL... So RIM is in bed with SA?? So is almost every country in the world...oil?
    SO RIM is in it for the money you say?? Really? all this time i thought multi million dollar companies were making products for us so we could be happy and share happy and wonderful moments with our loved ones..

You seem to know a lot about servers...stick to that. Business is definitely not your strong point
    They are in it for the business market primarily and to capitalize on a need in order to make money. The point of business is to make cash, otherwise RIM wouldn't worry about stock numbers and needing to be #1.

Like the reason they are catering to the UAE and will soon cater to India and China, money. Otherwise they would just turn a blind eye towards the markets that have 50 times the number of subscribers as North America does total population.
    08-11-10 02:56 PM
    I am MOST DECIDEDLY not a liar!!!! And mine came with a full set of gingzu knives!!!!!
    Well mine came with a Bowflex and a Sham Wow! I think we both got good deals.
    08-11-10 03:05 PM
    I completely agree with you. I just cant see how some people are shocked that RIM cares about money

They are in it for the business market primarily and to capitalize on a need in order to make money. The point of business is to make cash, otherwise RIM wouldn't worry about stock numbers and needing to be #1.

Like the reason they are catering to the UAE and will soon cater to India and China, money. Otherwise they would just turn a blind eye towards the markets that have 50 times the number of subscribers as North America does total population.
    08-11-10 03:10 PM

same ol' stuff....

what boring rant!
    08-11-10 03:10 PM
    The Germain Sham Wow?? lol

Well mine came with a Bowflex and a Sham Wow! I think we both got good deals.
    08-11-10 03:11 PM
    what boring rant!
    Love ya! Thanks for playing!
    08-11-10 03:33 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD