I have been thinking of getting a blackberry to help me manage my classes, grades, and what not. Thats pretty much the only reason why I want a blackberry.
    Does anyone use any student programs?
    I can't post links yet, studentberry seems like its helpfull/

Should I just stick to using my laptop?
    Are there any other phones that have programs for students?
    06-25-08 09:04 PM
    Hey Aquaria,
    Welcome to CB!

There are some great programs out there such as:

1. gcalc - basically the graphing part of a graphing calculator

2. something flash, basically a really nice flash card software to help you study

there other good ones out there but those are the only ones i have so far

Joel
    06-25-08 09:11 PM
    Hi Aquaria -

(and thanks for the kind plug iamjoel5!)

My company has a suite of products that are collectively called "gwhiz". They are currently all FREE.

Our website is at www gwhizmobile.com (I'm still under 10 posts too :-()

Anyways, it includes (so far)

gCalc - Calculator with a graphing function. Also provides programmatic conversions (i.e., you can design formulas in Google spreadsheet, and load them into gCalc). Calculation history and/or graphs can be emailed to yourself, fellow students, teachers, etc.

gFlash+ - Flashcard application (can also be used to do trivia). You can download flashcards from our catalog or create your own using a Google Spreadsheet. You can email flashcard sets to other gFlash users.

gRef - A pocket reference guide. Holds reference materials for quick lookup.

All of these application will work without a data plan, however, they offer a lot more when you do have one :-).

Please contact us at info@gwhizmobile.com if you have any questions. Best of luck!
    06-25-08 10:25 PM
    gCalc looks pretty sweet...
    06-25-08 10:59 PM
    I tried studentberry hated it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 11:04 PM
    What is studentberry about?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 12:20 AM
    StudentBerry would be Ok for a HS student, but it has limits in that you can not schedule classes like you'd need to for college.

Also, it is a bit risky to use because you can easily lose your data.

Better to go with something like ToDo Matix and Idea Matrix, although they'll cost you around $100 initially.

Other than that, you could use Google Calendar, and then sync with your Berry.

The www.gwhizmobile.com stuff is awesome, and I'd recommend that too.
    06-26-08 12:29 AM
    I like the idea of having flashcards on my BB...

I watched the demo for the gflash, but there's no way to find out if the type of flashcards I need exist in the catalog.

Anyone know if they have flashcards for French?

I'm not familiar with Google Spreadsheet...is that a free website where I could make my own flashcards?

Thanks!

besiderself
    06-26-08 09:56 AM
    Kinda veering off the "school" track... but more along the lines of waking up for class

BBSmart Alarms Pro

(IT IS FREE TODAY with a $5 purchase from CrackBerry store!!) Great app to manage multiple alarms... so you never have to set your alarm every night... and it will always go off at the right time
    06-26-08 10:03 AM
    You can search our catalog either from our website or from within the application itself. If you search for "French" it currently brings back "French - Common Phrases" from the catalog.

Creating your own flashcards is easy. Instructions on setting it up are here:
    http://www.gwhizmobile.com/Site/Creating.html

We also have an arrangement with the FlashcardExchange. If you become a member of their group ($20/lifetime), you can export any of their 13 million flashcards into gFlash.

I like the idea of having flashcards on my BB...

I watched the demo for the gflash, but there's no way to find out if the type of flashcards I need exist in the catalog.

Anyone know if they have flashcards for French?

I'm not familiar with Google Spreadsheet...is that a free website where I could make my own flashcards?

Thanks!

besiderself
    06-26-08 12:10 PM
    Im looking for a planner, grade keeper, type porgrams.

Has anyone here made there own programs? What languages are the best to use?

StudentBerry would be Ok for a HS student, but it has limits in that you can not schedule classes like you'd need to for college.

Also, it is a bit risky to use because you can easily lose your data.

Better to go with something like ToDo Matix and Idea Matrix, although they'll cost you around $100 initially.

Other than that, you could use Google Calendar, and then sync with your Berry.

The -url- stuff is awesome, and I'd recommend that too.
    Darn. Im a college student. Do you download these programs on your computer then transfer them?
    06-26-08 07:31 PM
    i was thinking about getting emobile today to keep myself organized
    has anyone tried that?
    blackberrymarketplace.com
    06-26-08 08:01 PM
    If you google the software, you will be suprised as to how much is out there.
    06-26-08 10:45 PM
    This is the sort of thing I am looking for.
    Free Student Planner - The StudyMinder Homework System
    but for the blackberry.

If you google the software, you will be suprised as to how much is out there.
    I tried that. The only thing I found that seemed to match what I was looking for was Studentberry.

I am not looking for stuff like calculators, flash cards, dictionary's, or what not

A simple to do list is not what I am looking for.
    Last edited by Aquaria89; 06-29-08 at 05:24 PM.
    06-29-08 05:08 PM
    I realise this was posted a while ago- but StudentBerry is now StudentDocket and I couldn't live without it! I'm in University and it works very well for me.

A gradekeeper program would be neat but I'm not sure I'd use it...
    09-16-08 08:26 AM
    Thanks. I'm am going to check StudentDocket out.
    10-07-08 10:45 AM
    i was wondering if the docstogo and other presentation and spreadsheets program works efficiently. does anybody use them for serious work? full time serious doc typing?
    10-07-08 12:32 PM
    Cram is also available.
    01-21-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD