I currently have my service with Alltel. I have a BB and want to upgrade to the Pearl. My problem is that AllTel does not offer the pearl at this time. can i Buy one online like on ebay and program it to use on the Alltel network?

Any help here would be apperciated.

Thanks
    12-04-07 12:50 PM
    Yes as long as you get an unlocked pearl, you can change device...
    12-04-07 02:04 PM
    I currently have my service with Alltel. I have a BB and want to upgrade to the Pearl. My problem is that AllTel does not offer the pearl at this time. can i Buy one online like on ebay and program it to use on the Alltel network?

Any help here would be apperciated.

Thanks

If you buy a used device make sure the PIN was released by the original owner. If not it will be a major headache for you to get it released if at all.
    12-04-07 05:17 PM
    can anyone point me on how to program the new phone?
    12-04-07 09:34 PM
    If you are successfully logged on to your network, just go to Email Settings on the device. Type in your user name and password for your old BlackBerry. If its correct it will say "this account is configured for a different device, would you like to change it to this one"... just select yes and the BlackBerry account will be changed to the new device...
    12-05-07 07:58 PM
    Yes I understand how to change my BB device on BB website, my question is how do i program the BB for Alltel Service off of my old BB that currently has Service with Alltel?

Again thanks for your help
    12-05-07 09:18 PM
    Why don't you just hold off for at least 1-2 months for them to get it! I had to sit and wait for the Almighty VZW to get it. Patients young grasshopper!

Click
    12-05-07 09:26 PM
    Hello, I am new here and this is my first post, as I too am considering buying a pearl and I am with Alltel.

You might be happy to know that they just put the pearl up for sale on Alltel.com.
    12-06-07 10:54 AM
    kbravo!!! See Look at that! You don't have to wait 1-2 months as I predicted! Just wait 24 hours! HA! Christmas(or what ever you celebrate) has come early for you my friend! So I would get in the car right now and go get you a Pearl!! To see the beauty of the pearl on Alltel, look no farther then here!

ENJOY!

Click
    12-06-07 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD