Hello Crackberry experts...

I am new to the whole crackberry phenom and i love it lol

I have the curve 8330.

I love the do not disturb feature but I hate that it logs all calls as unknown.

Does anyone know if there is a way I can set the phone to silent and NOT have the screen light up when a call comes through? I'd love if it would automatically snd the call to VM much like do not disturb but thats not a must I mainly just don't want the phone to light up when a call is coming through.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks all...
    11-15-09 10:14 AM
    I'm not familiar with the 8330 but do you not have a profile for Silent? That will quiet everything. If you want to suppress the LED too you may have to go in and turn the reminders off. I don't remember what the default state for that is.
    11-15-09 10:53 AM
    Go to Profiles > Advanced > [Select profile you wish to modify] > [Select message type you wish to modify] > Repeat Notification LED Flashing/Off

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 11:21 AM
    Hello Crackberry experts...

I am new to the whole crackberry phenom and i love it lol

I have the curve 8330.

I love the do not disturb feature but I hate that it logs all calls as unknown.

Does anyone know if there is a way I can set the phone to silent and NOT have the screen light up when a call comes through? I'd love if it would automatically snd the call to VM much like do not disturb but thats not a must I mainly just don't want the phone to light up when a call is coming through.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks all...
    i loved the DND feature on the 8330. The Tour does not have that. i also had the same issue of DND ON and numbers being logged as Unknown.

The "trick" to this is after you see the Unknown in your phone book, go to your main screen and hold ALT and hit LGLG.

This will bring up your Event Log and the number that called while DND was on is in there. You may have to scroll down a bit to see it. You'll see a PHONE event (a few ACTUALLY). Click on one of those to get the number.

Other than that, the other profiles DO NO offer what the DND options does.

i miss that feature a lot!
    11-15-09 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD