This is the only thing about my bb that I don't like better than a regular phone. First it is pretty much impossible to get your phone to be on complete silent mode. Second to change your ringtone it takes days. And lastly the arrow keys on the side of the phone are practically useless from the home screen. It would be nice if you could change from vibrate to ringtone from these keys. I don't know maybe I'm just being a complainer but I just don't like this set up.
    07-22-09 11:20 AM
    you are just being a complainer and that is fine...but if you like everything else about your BB then that one little thing will not over weigh your love for your bb.

you can get your phone on complete silence just set it to quiet. and to change your ringtone it is simple...you can just go to the media player find the song you want hit the BB button and then hit set as ring tone. easy.
    07-22-09 12:09 PM
    If it takes you days to change your ringtone you simply do not know how to operate your device.. To make your phone be completely silent all you have to do is put it on "silent" mode. It won't make a single sound & if you lose it its just lost. 3rd your arrow keys can be set to anything you want CB Launcher internet browser or pix. Anything. Take a Midol or get a different phone. (you are quite the complainer) That is all..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 12:21 PM
    If it takes you days to change your ringtone you simply do not know how to operate your device.. To make your phone be completely silent all you have to do is put it on "silent" mode. It won't make a single sound & if you lose it its just lost. 3rd your arrow keys can be set to anything you want CB Launcher internet browser or pix. Anything. Take a Midol or get a different phone. (you are quite the complainer) That is all..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thats really not a nice way to welcome/help out a newbie!

To the OP you just have to learn your phone and how to work it. It is a lot easier once you get the hang of it.
    07-22-09 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD