I love my Flip. Does everything I want.

Imagine when I saw that you could get an app that turns the phone to quiet at night and back to normal in the morning! I checked out the compatability on CB and all looked good. Reviews looked fine also.

Bought and paid for Profiler and now, it appears, the phone will not change profiles unless I either open and close the cover.

This is not what I bought the Profiler for. I expected it to change the profile automatically when the cover is closed. I need the profile to change in the morning by itself. If I had known that this was the case I would not have bought it.

Am I a) expecting too much, b) jumping to conclusions when there is an obvious fix for it, and c) going to ask for my money back.

Any help will be appreciated.

Best regards
    04-13-09 05:30 AM
    1) yes 2) no 3) maybe

Unfortunately, the program is working as designed.
    04-13-09 11:52 AM
    Thanks MM. Unfortunately, the Crackberry page advertising the app says that it is compatible with the Pearl Flip both on the overview and in the compatible devices pages. A little ambiguous don't you think? I realise that the app is functioning but not really in a way that is an asset to a really good phone.
    04-13-09 12:28 PM
    Well, it can't switch the Profile when the device is in Standby Mode, which I'm assuming is what happens when the flip is closed.

An analogous thing happens on the Curve when it is in the holster. As soon as you pop it out of the holster, the program changes the profile if it is past the designated time.

In fact, this disclaimer is on the CrackBerry store page.
    Note: Profiler will not change the Profile if the Blackberry is in the Holster or locked. You will get a vibrate and/or sound to notify you to unholster or unlock the device. Profiler will then switch the profile.
    04-13-09 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD