The new Microsoft Surface Book looks pretty nice. I had only seen photos and news snippets. Today, I decided to see the presentation:

As far as presentation style, do people like this kind of presentation, where the presenter just keeps repeating how it's the "best"? To me, it gets tiring and I become very skeptical of the product. I hope BlackBerry doesn't do this for the PRIV launch.
    10-12-15 02:31 PM
    I dunno, I'd have to say that was one of the best MS product intros in a long while. Bit drawn out and they never 'sold' me on anything but still good. If BlackBerry could do a Priv launch that smooth it'd be great IMO. Though as long as there's not a ton of panels I'm good.. panels kinda suck lol.
    10-12-15 04:06 PM
    I dunno, I'd have to say that was one of the best MS product intros in a long while. Bit drawn out and they never 'sold' me on anything but still good. If BlackBerry could do a Priv launch that smooth it'd be great IMO. Though as long as there's not a ton of panels I'm good.. panels kinda suck lol.
    But don't you find quotes like:

"This is the ultimate laptop."
    "It redefines everything."
    "The depth of this screen is remarkable. It just blows me away."
    "It will blow you away what this product can do."
    "You look at a photo on this, it'll feel real."
    "If you watch a video on this, it will immerse you like nothing has immersed you before."
    "The typing experience on this product is perfect."
    "You type and it's quiet but it feels so powerful."
    "This is the fastest 13" laptop ever made, anywhere, on any planet. This product."
    "This is 12 hours. This is huge."

a bit over promising? Maybe they'll deliver some of it, but I expect their claims will be picked apart... I don't think BlackBerry needs to be picked apart.
    10-12-15 05:21 PM

"If you watch a video on this, it will immerse you like nothing has immersed you before."
    "This is the fastest 13" laptop ever made, anywhere, on any planet. This product."

a bit over promising? Maybe they'll deliver some of it, but I expect their claims will be picked apart... I don't think BlackBerry needs to be picked apart.
    So.... basically you want Apple style pizzaz? Asking because I'm rather put off Apple (and everyone else's for that matter) fluff. The thing I liked about the MS intro was they didn't feed me a bunch of lines, they shot it straight... to the point... gave me what I need to know... gave me what they thought I might not already know and sent me on my way.
    10-12-15 05:22 PM
    So.... basically you want Apple style pizzaz? Asking because I'm rather put off Apple (and everyone else's for that matter) fluff. The thing I liked about the MS intro was they didn't feed me a bunch of lines, they shot it straight... to the point... gave me what I need to know... gave me what they thought I might not already know and sent me on my way.
    Actually, I found the Microsoft presentation like an Apple one. I don't care for either and I hope BlackBerry is more straight-forward. I liked how Vivek, Clewley and Gadway did presentations.
    10-12-15 05:28 PM

The Surface Pro Series has gotten better with each new itineration. Over promise? No! Apple has the crown for over promising and under delivery

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 05:34 PM
    The new Microsoft Surface Book looks pretty nice. I had only seen photos and news snippets. Today, I decided to see the presentation:

As far as presentation style, do people like this kind of presentation, where the presenter just keeps repeating how it's the "best"? To me, it gets tiring and I become very skeptical of the product. I hope BlackBerry doesn't do this for the PRIV launch.
    That was actually pretty damn good. Complaining about that is nit picking. Kinda makes me want a windows phone to go with it. Then I remember how much I like a physical keyboard and the Apps Android will bring. The Priv is my next phone.
    10-12-15 05:43 PM
    Actually, I found the Microsoft presentation like an Apple one
    Goes to show ya, many people view many things differently.
    10-12-15 07:01 PM
    It's called marketing your product. I realize that being a bakckberry user this is a foreign concept, but it's what companies do to sell their products.
    Last edited by donnation; 10-13-15 at 05:19 AM.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-12-15 09:32 PM
    Yeh they all got their own unique styles for deffo when it comes to presentations or advertising:

Apple: we revolutionised blah blah, the best "i____" yet!

Microsoft: this will blow you away, we're amazing

Samsung: Apple sucks

Blackberry *chen*: ya, tha BlackPhone is more secure than the Priv, did I mention it runs Google? O and Samsung Knox is about same as Priv, but cheaper and available to buy from your nearest carrier.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 06:57 PM