I just recently bought a used curve 8320 in good condition. I don't have a data plan but I have t mobile. When I tried to set up wifi, it detects the networks, including mine at home. Strangely enough though, my wifi is only 1-2 bars, even though im standing right next to my router. When I try to connect, it says it was unable to connect and the reason being W002:wi-fi connection failed.

I'm worried that the wifi on this phone is busted or something, unless its my own router, but I have an excellent connection on my laptop.

Any help please? I'm totally new to this!
    09-20-09 11:45 AM
    Maybe try it out at your local Starbucks and see if it works. Or reset your router and see if it fixes up the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 05:54 PM
    I'm going to try that tomorrow since its pouring out tonight. So far, still no go for my wifi at home though, and i'm not sure if its going to work on other wi-fi locations..
    09-20-09 06:30 PM
    You need to contact T-Mobile and have them do something in their setup to allow access to your home Router. They have the @Home service (which you pay for...) to enable your home router to connect to their Wifi phones. I doubt the wifi part of your phone is the issue.
    Good luck!
    09-21-09 08:07 AM
    You need to contact T-Mobile and have them do something in their setup to allow access to your home Router. They have the @Home service (which you pay for...) to enable your home router to connect to their Wifi phones. I doubt the wifi part of your phone is the issue.
    Good luck!
    ok lets dispell this info right now.....@home has nothing to do with WIFI.....@home is TMOBILE VOIP......as opposed to UNLIMITED HOTSPOT CALLING.....which utilizes your devices UMA capability to reroute the call through the internet without using your plan minutes....but this costs 9.99......@home is also 9.99 but requires the TMO @home router.....TMO does not "enable" wifi service on your phone...either you have it or you dont.....with regards to signal strenght.....try changing your routers tx channel to 3 or 11....both of those have worked very well for most CB members.....your low signal is very likely related to interference.....even if your laptop gets great signal and your phone doesnt.....try changing and you may even see laptop speeds increase ......hope this helps
    09-21-09 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD