I was so excited to use my 8900 at my favorite coffee shop. I have an unlimited data plan with AT&T. I also have wifi at my home and I have never had any problems with it. However, everytime I go into a Starbucks and it doesn't matter which one, I am always "connected" but my wifi symbol is always grey. Sometimes my 8900 connects without a problem. I guess the Starbuck's router kicks in and allows my 8900 to use its wifi. I have tried calling AT&T, but that has been a waste of time. I am at a different Starbucks right now and I cannot get my wifi to work. I have added the local Miami Subs on to my list and when I go there, I connect immediately. Am I the only 8900 owner that is experiencing this problem with Starbuck/AT&T Wifi locations?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 12:10 PM
    I work at McDonalds and we have AT&T WiFi. I find that to get it to connect fully I have to make sure to go to "Manage Connections --> Setup WiFi Connection --> WiFi HotSpot Login" If I wasn't on AT&T it would most likely ask me for some sort of payment, but since I am (and have a data plan), it just tells the router to give me full access.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD