i have lost my USB cord that came with my blackberry storm. so i am trying to use a bluetooth dongle to sync the computer and the phone together. i was able to get all of the settings in and get it to sync with the computer. unfortunately my BlackBerry Desktop software doesn't seem to like it much. i was getting it to become active in the desktop manager after a fair bit of fighting, but then when i tried to restore, it went to build it's lists that it needs, then it just crashed. it did this about 4 times, and now the desktop manager won't even load properly. the screen comes up, but there are no icons and when i click the options menu to try to check my settings, it just freezes and i have to kill the process.

for reference i am using the most up to date versions of both the phone OS and desktop manager.
    10-27-09 01:21 AM
    I would just buy a new USB cable. Will save lots of time.
    10-27-09 07:53 AM
    ok... that wasn't exactly helpful. a helpful solution would have been one like "try running the repair option on your desktop manager install. you may have a corrupted file that is causing it to crash." which is what i did and now it's working perfectly over the wireless, which is very nice.
    10-27-09 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD