Hello,
    Does anyone else have issues regarding the Jawbone 2 and the BB Curve?

I just bought my Jawbone 2 and everyone I speak to on it says I sound like I'm in the bathroom. I've turned the "Echo Control" feature both off and on during calls and it doesn't make a difference.
    I thought I had a defective Jawbone, so I exchanged it for another one and I still have the same problem.
    Is there a fix for this? Or am I doing something wrong?
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    I thought the Jawbone 2 was supposed to be the best bluetooth on the market.
    By the way, I am wearing it correctly during use regarding the noise cancelling sensor.

Sorry for the long post, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 08:14 AM
    Nobody??? Anyone have jawbone 2 paired with a Curve? Am I the only one?

08-31-08 09:07 AM
    Mine sounds fine, the audio quality isn't as good as just using the handset, but no one has ever complained.

08-31-08 10:56 AM
    I have the original and have never tried the II, so I'm shooting in the dark here.

While on a call, turn off the noise cancelling and see if that improves things.

If it does, that (to me) points to you not wearing the headset properly. I know you said you are, but there's still a chance...

With the noise canelling on, try lightly pressing the headset toward your face. If a bit more pressure fixes things, you probably need to adjust how you're wearing it.

Hope this helps.
    08-31-08 11:40 AM
    I too have the original Jawbone. I think that it is the best headset that I have ever owned. owever I should qualify this by saying that the audio quality heard from the other end is not that good. Inteligibility is very high - better than anything else in an auto.

The Jawbone works by reducing audio bandwidth to a minimum and then using digial signal processing on the remaining bandwidth. Clrarly in a small battery powered device compromises had to be made in order for the thing to work for a decent amount of time.

If you wany intelligible speech, get a Jawbone. If you are not bothered abotu being understood but want good speech sounds then get something else.

I am a little puzzled that the Jawbone II seems to have lower speech quality than the original though.
    08-31-08 03:06 PM
    It would seem to me the price you pay for the thing that you wouldn't have issues on either end. I have a Jabra BT350. On both ends it sounds like we are in the same room having a conversation face to face rather than on cells. And the only noise it seems to pick up is keyboard key clicks from my pc. I have had TV, PC, or other audio at levels high enough that to hear the person effective I would turn the audio down. But the point of this statement is that the noise cancelling on the BT350 doesn't pick up any of that audio be it a TV show with talking, city noise, etc, or video game sound effects, music. Not to mention that the BT350 gets 7 or 8 hours of talk time. So I too am puzzled. A $20 BT headset is better than a $120 one? This is exactly why I am sceptical of the high priced headsets. Assuming the J2 has omni directional microphone as I would expect it to have for what you pay for it, then it should not matter in the least how it is placed on the ear.

08-31-08 10:50 PM
    Apparently, the Jawbone 2's sensor has to make contact on your face/jaw for it to work properly. This is such a pain in the
    A$$ because the dam thing barely fits comfortably in the first place. I have tested it by pushing the Jawbone 2 against the side of my face during a call and the other party said that I sounded much better. This beats the purpose of having a headset when you have to use your hand for it to work properly. I've tried the diff ear hooks and all, it just doesn't work for me. Also, with all this "noise cancelling technology" it still picks up the wind noise like crazy when your outside.
    I am returning my Jawbone 2 and buying the Blueant z9i. The z9i is cheaper and I don't have to duct tape it to my head for it to work properly.

08-31-08 11:15 PM
    I too have the original Jawbone. I think that it is the best headset that I have ever owned. owever I should qualify this by saying that the audio quality heard from the other end is not that good. Inteligibility is very high - better than anything else in an auto.

The Jawbone works by reducing audio bandwidth to a minimum and then using digial signal processing on the remaining bandwidth. Clrarly in a small battery powered device compromises had to be made in order for the thing to work for a decent amount of time.

If you wany intelligible speech, get a Jawbone. If you are not bothered abotu being understood but want good speech sounds then get something else.

I am a little puzzled that the Jawbone II seems to have lower speech quality than the original though.

With the exception of the originals' size. I like the sound quality of the original better.
    08-31-08 11:17 PM
    I have J2 and no problems at all. My only complaint is call quality on my end. Evrything else kicks ****. I have actually lowered my voice in loud situations and everyone hears me fine (my wife has not complained once). I would say that the receiving call quality of the original sounded better, but was never loud enough for me on the original jawboner.

08-31-08 11:34 PM
    Here's what I found with my Jawbone II. For me it was a little difficult to get it into my ear & have the nib firmly against my cheek. My face is thin plus I am a male & as the day moves on so do the whiskers (or if I have a slack day I may not shave) which I believe kept the thing from making good contact. I too had to press it against my cheek while I was talking. No good for me. I gave it to my daughter & it seems to work pretty well for her.
    Personally I hate driving or trying to work with a phone held to my head. In this particular case I could care less about style, I want quality. I went with the BlueParrott headset. Absolutely amazing. There is a thread about it in the "Bluetooth Central" forum if you want to go through some of the posts but I can literally drive down the highway at 70mph with the window down & no one can tell. I tested it out with two of my knowledgable & most critical buddies & they were both so impressed they each ordered one. lol. Good luck.
    09-01-08 04:17 AM
    I have seen the Blue Parrot and heard the raves about it, but, that thing is huge!
    I would look like an NFL coach on the sideline during a game with that massive headset on. I know that's a slight exaggeration but the blue parrot is way to big of a bluetooth headset for me. I mind as well just tape my BB to the side of my head lol. I think the Blueant z9i is the next best thing after the Jawbone. It seems that if the Jawbone doesn't fit properly, it won't work correctly.

09-01-08 06:22 AM
    Again, I don't own a II, but I think my experience with the original Jawbone carries over.

The Jawbone seldom fits anyone "right out of the box". It takes a little time... selecting the correct earbud and tweaking (bending) the earhook ever so slightly until you find the combination that works well and feels comfortable.

When I first got mine, it would flop around if I moved my head too quickly and it hurt my ear after 30 minutes or so.

Since I had purchased it off eBay, returning it was not an option so I played with it. When I hit the right bend in the earhook all of my complaints went away. Not it is comfortable for hours on end and no one ever complains about how I sound, or the background noise. My biggest problem is remembering to keep my voice down when I'm in a noisy environment.

I realize that a lot of people will not want to experiment to get it to work right. If you paid full retail for it, then it cost you a lot of money and you are probably justified in feeling disappointed.

All that said, yes it is horrible in the wind. I have yet to find a headset that isn't, but the Jawbone is one of the worst in that respect.
    09-01-08 09:46 AM
    Well, I just exchanged my Jawbone 2 for the Blueant z9i.
    So far, the z9i sounds good and fits ok.
    I called my wife to see how clear I sounded to her and she said I sounded much better than the Jawbone 2 I was using.
    Now, I'm the kind of person that uses the bluetooth whenever I'm driving. I understand its not going to be as good as using the handset. But, so far this Blueant Z9i is working well and while using the z9i headset, my wife sounds much clearer to me and not as "tinny" as using the Jawbone 2.
    I know that from what I've read so far people either love the Jawbone or hate it.
    I really wanted it to work cause I like the way it looks cosmetically compared to the z9i. But, I'll sacrifice looks for quality of sound.
    Hope this helps you guys in case you were deciding on which Bluetooth headset to purchase.
    By the way, I did have to upgrade the software on my Z9i via the supplied USB cable in order to "optimize" it for PDA's as the site suggests.

Last edited by incognito74; 09-01-08 at 10:05 AM.
    09-01-08 09:59 AM
    I just picked up a Jawbone 2 during the crackberry 300k members sale I'll pair it to my curve on the 3rd when it arrives. Let you know.
    09-01-08 10:20 AM
    I recently purchased a Jawbone 2 because it is supposed to be the best. It works fine for talking, but the media player will not play music through it. I can't figure out how to make it work, and I'm at the point of buying a new headset. Does anyone have any solution for this issue?
    09-06-08 12:39 PM
    I think the qustion here was does anyone have a problem with the Jawbone 2 and a Curve....

I too have experienced the same thing. I bought 2 on the same day, one for me and one for the wife. We setup her unit and it worked perfect on her Rant. Then setup mine and it was terrible on my 8330 Curve from Sprint. So after hours of jacking with it, we finally just connected it to her Rant to see if it was the phone or the Jawbone and it worked perfect on her phone. Then I connected her Jawbone to my Curve and it worked like crap. I did the same thing with the echo feature, on/off, and messed with the noise cancellation button on the jawbone but nothing helped improve the sound.

I'm giving up and returning it for a different brand. Even the Jawbone site states there are some issues using these with Blackberrys, but it's not very detailed. Guess that doesn't surprise me... Good luck to anyone else buying these for a BB. (I also used it on my BB Storm I use at work, same outcome just FYI).

By the way, it worked really good on my wife's Rant so I still think it's a great product. She is able to listed to the radio in the car at a really high volume and I can't hear a thing, even when she talks. It just sucks that it won't work on my BB, oh well!
    12-11-08 07:19 AM
    Jawbone 1 ROCKS, ROCKS, ROCKS. Jawbone 2 SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS.

I have used Jawbone 1 for over a year. Once I got the fit down, I loved it. My Jawbone 1 finally quit working, so I ordered a Jawbone 2 and it sucked in every way imaginable for a Bluetooth device: sound quality to others sucked, the ear fit was impossible regardless of which of the many buds and wire options I used, and every time I tried to adjust it, I terminated the call, annoying the **** out of me and the people I was talking to. Why Aliph would abandon the Jawbone 1 in favor of this is beyond me. I know they'll say that it is smaller, but who gives a **** about smaller when sound quality sucks, it won't fit, and its controls are too sensitive for reasonable use. If they bring back the Jawbone 1, I'm a customer again, but otherwise I'm on the search for the best replacement. Any ideas?

(BTW, before I knew they came out with Jawbone 1, I kept recommending Jawbone in general to clients and every one of them - five in total - nearly cursed me for it. They HATED it and returned it. Turns out, they were ordering the Jawbone 2, which had replaced the Jawbone 1. How in the **** does Aliph survive when they take their one hit product and completely replace it with a piece of ****?)
    02-27-09 11:35 AM
    Hello,
    Does anyone else have issues regarding the Jawbone 2 and the BB Curve?

I just bought my Jawbone 2 and everyone I speak to on it says I sound like I'm in the bathroom. I've turned the "Echo Control" feature both off and on during calls and it doesn't make a difference.
    I thought I had a defective Jawbone, so I exchanged it for another one and I still have the same problem.
    Is there a fix for this? Or am I doing something wrong?
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    I thought the Jawbone 2 was supposed to be the best bluetooth on the market.
    By the way, I am wearing it correctly during use regarding the noise cancelling sensor.

Sorry for the long post, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Try using the volume control on the phone. Max out the volume on both J2 and the phone. Then as you are talking with someone lower the control on the phone. I know it goes against everything, but try it and see if makes a different. I had to do this with J1 and the 8830, but not the 8330. The only thing that I can of is both units are competing with each other. Good luck.
    02-27-09 11:46 AM
    July 14, 2010: Yes! I have a problem with my JawBone. Just got it and people tell me that it sounds "noisy", "echo-y" and "I can't understand you"... My $19 Plantronics unit works better than my new $69 JawBone. Is there an adjustment for this? A setting on the phone? A software up-grade or anything? Otherwise, I am back to the great sounding but painful-to-wear Plantronics unit.

Anybody have a solution for this?
    07-14-10 05:58 PM
    @TodaoConnecticut - It would be very helpful to know what phone you are using
    and what Operating System (OS) is on your phone (options > status)
    07-14-10 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD