Hey. I am trying to wipe my blackberry 8520 using JL cmder and BBSAK. The only problem is that i do not know the password on the blackberry. I cannot do anything with the phone as it currently shows a bettery with a red bar across it. Does anyone know how I can wipe the blackberry without knowing the password? Thanks
    07-05-11 04:42 PM
    if you charge the phone so you can turn it on ( i would try another battery) and once you enter the password wrong 10 times on the actual phone it will wipe itself as a security precaution.

But the real question is why do you not know the password? is it a lost or stolen bb?
    07-05-11 04:49 PM
    Ive tried other batteries and it does the same thing. It wont go passed the screen of the battery with a red line through it. =S

It was my friends BB. He had this problem with it and didnt know what to do and baught another one. When i found out he had this bb, he gave it to me so now im tryna fix it. Hez had so many bb passwords that hez forgoten which one he used on it.
    07-05-11 04:57 PM
    well you need to get it up and running past the dead battery screen.

how many different chargers have you tried?
    are you using a BlackBerry branded charger?
    leave it charge over night.

if not, take it to a local repair shop to be fixed.
    07-05-11 05:00 PM
    I have tried 3 different chargers which 2 of them are branded chargers. I have left it over night to charge and it stil shows the same thing. Its weird. One moment its showing the battery with a single red line through it, the next with a red X on it =S
    07-05-11 05:02 PM
    Check the contacts and make sure they aren't loaded with carbon. If they appear dark you can clean them up with an eraser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-11 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD