I have been working on this for what seems like all day back and forth on customer service with both sprint and my hosting company. Neither one has any answers, so I am turning to my fellow crackberryheads.

I have two IMAP email accounts both hosted at the same place, but 2 different domain names. I just set up the first one and it is working no problem both on my computer and on the BB. The second one though, is set up the same way and it works fine on the computer but the BB only recognizes it as a POP account. I have tried everything I can think of and can't get the BB to recognize it as a IMAP account.

Any ideas at this point would be much appreciated. Please, help me!
    07-10-09 09:16 PM
    After 4 days of trying to figure this out, I know the case of the problem. There was no issue with my mail server, or my BB. The issue lies with sprint. I called RIM tech support, and they were able to set up my accounts for me and they were instantly recognized as IMAP accounts. While we were on the phone, he had me try to set up the same accounts and I could not do it on sprint BIS.

Check this out.....From now, on, if I need to set up an email account as IMAP, he told me I need to call in to RIM support and have them set up the email account for me. WTF! So, that's that.
    07-13-09 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD