I just installed an 8GB media card in my 8320 (4.5.52 OS), did a format, set mass storage option to on & loaded up 1,000 songs.
    The problem I'm having is when I open media, it's starts scanning and when the progress bar gets all the way to the right it just stays there and doesn't complete. Did a battery pull, re-formated, and installed music again with same problem.

I search the forum, but couldn't find anything on this.

Has anyone heard of this? Please help.
    09-03-08 12:14 PM
    Next time let it go until it is done. It can take some time for
    1000 songs to be scanned and indexed. Fortunately it will only
    need to do that once. Be patient and don't stop the process.

Welcome to Crackberry
    09-03-08 04:38 PM
    I'll give it another try.
    Thanks for the help.
    09-03-08 08:00 PM
    Jay, i too bought an 8GB microsd card.

Loaded it up with 6GB worth of songs in one sitting. Unplugged it from my laptop and went into media player and the "scanning" thing popped up.

No problem, i encountered this before. But i knew 6GB worth of scanning would take some time. True enough it did. Seemed like almost 20 min and it was stuck but i could still navigate the phone. But after a while the message disappeared. I guess patience does help...
    09-14-08 12:48 PM
    I'm having the same problem - my BlackBerry 8330. I added a whole bunch of songs to my phone recently, and it'll play all my songs, but if you go to media, it says it's scanning, and it's been like this for a few days. It has all my songs, but it shows the old list of songs before I changed it. This is on an 8GB SD card.
    04-13-10 10:17 PM
    I have 11GB of data on my 16GB card and it takes less then 2 minutes to scan. What class is your card? It should be 2 to 6, 6 being the fastest.
    04-13-10 11:19 PM
    .....Fortunately it will only
    need to do that once.......
    True, to a degree. If you put more music on subsequently, I believe it will need to re-scan. But I think it will be quicker depending on how much you add.....
    04-14-10 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD