it's a brand new 9700 on orange uk

visible on the display is a small green triangle that sometimes goes red (this triangle used to be a house shape), the wifi symbol is white, and the UMA symbol is visible rather than 3g. however this seems to change constantly

my emails are all set up and work fine, and if i turn wifi off i can browse via 3g.

can anyone shed any light on this problem?
    12-27-09 01:42 AM
    You can check the Wifi Guide in my signature below to get more information on how to use and connect to a wireless router.

Not sure where you are seeing a "small green triangle" or how it changes "sometime goes red"... if the Wifi symbol is White and you have a UMA connection you are connected and using Wifi.
    12-27-09 09:48 AM
    I agree if its a white wi-fi symbol your connected
    12-27-09 09:53 AM
    i fixed it, ta. it was just a case of changing the security on my netgear n router
    12-29-09 04:04 AM
    Sorry folks I hope no-one minds me bumping this topic however I have a green triangle like the OP when I am connecting to WIFI, not encountered it going red as of yet though.

Likewise I have the USM taking over my standard cell signal strength; all I really want to know is if someone could tell me what the green triangle is for??

Thanks
    01-09-10 12:02 PM
    Bump ,
    01-10-10 01:05 PM
    If the triangle is surrounded by parenthesis, it's your signal strength indicator. ((( ))). Red is no signal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 01:13 PM
    No it's not, its next to where is has the service providers name for example red triange - Orange (name of wireless network)

The same applies to green trinage.
    01-10-10 03:52 PM
    Bump ,
    01-12-10 03:49 PM
    I also have the red and green triangles - I, too, am with Orange. Perhaps it's an Orange thing. I've notices no difference in signal quality whether a red or green symbol is displayed.

01-12-10 04:14 PM
    I have a sim free 9700 which I'm using on orange, and I've put all the uma settings in etc. I have no red or green triangle so it pretty much must be an orange thing.

Don't mean to insult you but have you checked the manual as Orange are pretty good at customising their own manual to show all their personal additions not like some networks that customise them then send out a generic manual.

Sorry I couldn't help much but hopefully you now know its orange related.

01-12-10 04:21 PM
    Yeah I had a look but no avail
    01-13-10 01:24 PM
    Bump ,
    01-19-10 03:49 PM
    i have it too, it seems to go red out and about, and green when connected to UMA

01-24-10 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD