Hi everyone,
    I have searched forms and Google, and can't find a replecation of my problem.

I'm a new 9650 user. WIFI setup sees my network. When I try to connect, I see a message that I need to enter a PIN (which the bb generates) into the router (Lynksys). I have been all over the router config app and cannot find where to enter the pin.

I tred to set wifi up manually with WEP, but my WEP key is only 8 characters long. BB says it needs to be 10 or 26, or 5 or 13. Also tried to use PSK and no security. Also tried a battery pull on bb. All failed.

Even tried to use the "magic" one button set up on router. No luck there either. Any thoughts? Let me know if you need more info. Thanks.
    10-21-10 02:04 PM
    That device genrated PIN nonsense never worked for me either. I set my router to use WPA PSK. I manually connect, scan for my router with the Bold, enter the PSK and connect. My PSK is 10 characters.
    10-21-10 02:11 PM
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.
    10-22-10 08:56 AM
    I have a number of wifi connections set up on my 9650. When I am in range of one of the networks I go to WIFI options and connect. Is there a way the 9650 will automaticly connect when I am in range of one of the networks I have already set up.

Thanks

Piano Man
    11-02-10 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD