I recently installed a Bury CC 9060 hands-free system in my truck, and it is A2DP capable. This unit would be on par with a Parrot MK6100. It's a lesser known brand, but looked much nicer, and I'm pretty happy with it. It is a slick setup, and the user interface is the best I've seen, after exhaustive research.

Anyway, I'm having problems getting the music to play via A2DP bluetooth through my car stereo. The bluetooth display on my hands-free has a play and pause icon, along with volume, and it IS communicating with the Storm, as the play and pause controls on the hands-free will play and pause music on the Storm (and vice-versa). But I'm not getting any sound to play... Standard Bluetooth hands-free during phone calls works fine, but music isn't working for me.

Has anyone gotten their Parrot or Bury (or any other aftermarket A2DP capable hands-free) to work with Music playback? I'm running .99 Beta, but I wasn't able to get it to work with .75 official either. The unit I have says it's capable of A2DP with the Storm.

Please don't respond to this thread if you don't know what A2DP means. Google it.

Thanks.
    02-08-09 04:06 PM
    Not hands free but music and videos come through with my Jabra BT8040 ear piece.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 04:14 PM
    Maybe your Storm is not realizing your BT is stereo and won't play the music. This is a common problem with mono BT. When turning on your BB BT and letting it pair with your device, watch the popup communications window and be sure the stereo feature comes up with a green check mark.

02-08-09 04:16 PM
    Maybe your Storm is not realizing your BT is stereo and won't play the music. This is a common problem with mono BT. When turning on your BB BT and letting it pair with your device, watch the popup communications window and be sure the stereo feature comes up with a green check mark.

OK, I checked that. Turn the car on, Bluetooth connects, and I get a green checkmark on the Storm for Handsfree, Stereo Audio, and A/V Remote Control. So that's not it...

So, based on that, it seems that Handsfree and A/V Remote control ARE working, but Stereo Audio is NOT (even though the checkmark is green, and the Storm and the BT unit think it's working). Anyone know why?

Anyone else?
    Last edited by crwolf79; 02-08-09 at 04:26 PM.
    02-08-09 04:21 PM
    Well I have to say that this has me stumped. Sorry I can't help more on this.

02-08-09 04:43 PM
    Ok I just had a thought. May sound silly and I have caught myself with it, but make sure both volumes are turned up on the device and your BB.

02-08-09 05:23 PM
    Thanks. I checked volume on the device, and the hands-free, and they are both set to max.

Which leads me to believe that there is a software issue with the Storm (imagine that...) or that there's a compatibility issue with the hands-free system.

I'd be interested to know if ANYONE has a hands-free aftermarket bluetooth system has their Storm playing music via bluetooth. If so, what system, and what Storm OS. I've heard people mentioning that stereo audio via bluetooth isn't working with video playback, but I haven't read anyone posting on issues with stereo bluetooth with music playback... Wish I could figure this one out.
    02-08-09 05:58 PM
    I use a handsfree BT stereo headset, for music and phone. I listen to audiobooks while driving and have had no problems except the odd time the Remote A/V doesnt latch, and I re-pair and it latches.
    02-08-09 06:28 PM
    I have used mine with my Clarion aftermarket CD player in my truck. It recognizes all songs and plays just fine, although the BT quality with my receiver can leave something to be desired. I always connect it now with the actual auxillary input from the receiver utilizing the headphone jack. I get clearer audio that way with with this and my other phones so I think the issue is with the receiver and not the Storm. Hard to say what you're doing wrong with yours. My receiver supports A2DP, AVRCP, and HFP, but you should only need A2DP to actually play the music, the AVRCP just allows you to control the Storm remotely.
    02-08-09 08:07 PM
    Old thread but id thought id post and say that i have the same CC9060 kit. When it was installed there is a seperate AUX lead purley for the stereo sound from this kit that needs to be plugged into the back of the stereo. It does NOT use the same audio routing as when you make and recieve calls. The lead aint cheap either but im now searching the net for one. Hence coming across this thread. Basically everything is playing but the lead aint plugged into nehind your stereo!
    03-31-09 02:43 PM
    I was searching for a fix to this same problem I'm having and found another with the same issue!!

I kind of got it to work by turning up my car stereo's volume way up (like I listen to the radio on level 6 but couldn't hear bluetooth'ed music til I upped it to about 25). That obviously should not be, but I can't figure out what else to do.
    04-23-09 10:22 PM
    Lido and Sponnie were almost there, it depends on your radio, as the sound is not via the phone mode audio output. E.G. , if you have a Ford 6006E radio (this is what I have) the A2DP is streamed for output as you would expect but it will be picked up by the Bury Car MP3/CD-Adapter (which is available for around 40) which plugs into the Aux port on the Bury CC9060 box as well as a your car ARIEL Socket and this is where the audio is applied to your Car Radio.

I have a 8900 Curve and a Nokia 5800 Xpressmuic, both of which operate the CC9060/can be operated by the CC9060 but no sound output, the above feedback was from the Bury Tech guys....
    04-27-09 01:11 PM
    I recently installed a Bury CC 9060 hands-free system in my 5 series BMW, and it is A2DP capable but I'm having problems getting the music to play via A2DP bluetooth through my car stereo. The bluetooth display on my hands-free has a play and pause icon, along with volume, and it IS communicating with the system, as the play and pause controls on the hands-free will play and pause music on the system (and vice-versa). But I'm not getting any sound to play... Standard Bluetooth hands-free during phone calls works fine, but music isn't working for me any one knows what to do in this case many thanx to all if you can help and advice.

Thanks.
    05-11-09 03:03 PM
    I have a cheap Sony Bluetooth head unit in my S2000. I have my Storm setup so that every time I sit in the car it will automatically sync to the Bluetooth. Music playback quality is pretty good. I can even skip songs on the head unit itself. I think the phone is a little slow when it comes to A2DP though. When I switch songs, it kinda stutters a little before changing. Also, when hitting previous song sometimes, it will just stop and not start that same song over again.

I hope they make improvements on this.
    05-11-09 03:10 PM
    I have a storm 2 running v5.0.0.607 of the OS.

I pair it with a "Clarion BLT370 Bluetooth Audio/Cellular Phone Transceiver for Auxiliary Input" and the Bluetooth stereo service of the receiver is paired and connected OK.

I attempt to run audio through it and all I get is a faint "click" out of the car audio as a toggle play.

I have paired this clarion device with other handsets (iphone, droid) and they all play nicely together. I have turned the volume up on the handset, receiver, and radio, but only get a louder "click".

Can anyone suggest a solution which will prevent me from tearing out what little hair I have left?? Thanks in advance!!!
    04-14-10 03:19 PM
    Hello

I am having exactly same issue as what you described above. I wonder if you found solution for that problem and if you can share it please

Cheers
    02-07-17 02:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD