I download 4.3, I was have problems with it, so I uninstalled it and
    Reinstall 4.2.2 from original disc. Now when I try to synch I receive
    An error message that shows ????intellisynch ????.....
    I receive the same error message when I configure synch.
    I had no problems before 4.3. Im using Outlook to synch to.
    Any help out there.?
    11-04-07 10:08 PM
    Try and configure your data folder under the Options/Data Folder settings and make it go to the right folder also rest your configuration, see if that fixes the issue...and remember their maybe a reason why RIM never fully released BDM 4.3 yet, due to the fact it may NOT be ready yet, risk you take when downloading something before an "Official Launch"
    11-04-07 11:02 PM
    If the DM 4.3 is officially offered on a carrier's BIS website (which links the user to RIM to download it), does that make it released by RIM, or official?
    11-04-07 11:15 PM
    The link that was originally posted by Bla1ze no longer works. So them pulling it out means, it wasn't an Official launch.
    11-04-07 11:24 PM
    oh, I never saw a link Blaze posted, just the one I downloaded from RIM.
    pulled it, huh.
    11-04-07 11:33 PM
    If you were able to download it from RIM, for which device was it for?
    11-04-07 11:35 PM
    If you were able to download it from RIM, for which device was it for?
    lol, the BlackBerry device.
    We were talking about Desktop Manager 4.3.
    Not device specific.
    Last edited by jsanders; 11-04-07 at 11:45 PM.
    11-04-07 11:43 PM
    What I wanted to say was carrier. Bla1ze posted a link for Vodafone. I'm just curious what RIM download you are referring to that you made it sound that it was officially launched.
    11-04-07 11:45 PM
    Naww the link is still active, but I'm with chinesecatt I'd love to know what official RIM site you downloaded it from, cause none that I seen so far have it.
    11-04-07 11:51 PM
    Thanks Bla1ze. I tried it this afternoon and it wouldn't let me. Now I'm waiting for Mr. Js to tell me which official RIM link he downloaded his from. Probably I can "get" it from there....
    11-04-07 11:54 PM
    Same one, Voda.

hey, you know any of those OS and DM downloads from the carrier take you directly to blackberry.com.

Blackberry.com is RIM, isn't it? It won't the first time i was wrong, if not.
    11-05-07 12:01 AM
    Ya, blackberry.com is RIM...but when I go to RIMS site for Vodafone it don't list the 4.3 desktop manager, not that it's really relevant in this case, but it does go towards the case in point that the desktop manager may still be partial beta explaining your issues.

the only one that does exist is here @ vodafone which just links back to their FTP drop for it, still no official launch from RIM. I've used 4.3 every possible way, with no errors what so ever.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 11-05-07 at 12:13 AM.
    11-05-07 12:09 AM
    The Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.3 was launched by Smartone-Vodafone. It may have been pulled for some reason but that doesn't necessarily make it an unofficial launch. It simply means they pulled it or the site is offline for some reason. TMobile did it with OS 4.2.1.103 for the Pearl a while back. It's also possible that someone posted a link that wasn't for public use but nobody knows that for sure. It was a link to a carrier's ftp site, though.

Instead of banning people let's try to help the OP. An argument about where it came from isn't going to help the OP.

I had some issues trying to sync with Outlook myself with 4.3. It appeared that Outlook wasn't an option for sync. I also got a few errors during installation. I was in a hurry though, and haven't tried again.
    11-05-07 12:14 AM
    The Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.3 was launched by Smartone-Vodafone. It may have been pulled for some reason but that doesn't necessarily make it an unofficial launch. It simply means they pulled it or the site is offline for some reason. TMobile did it with OS 4.2.1.103 for the Pearl a while back. It's also possible that someone posted a link that wasn't for public use but nobody knows that for sure. It was a link to a carrier's ftp site, though.

Instead of banning people let's try to help the OP. An argument about where it came from isn't going to help the OP.

I had some issues trying to sync with Outlook myself with 4.3. It appeared that Outlook wasn't an option for sync. I also got a few errors during installation. I was in a hurry though, and haven't tried again.

Who got banned John?
    11-05-07 12:17 AM
    Umm no one got banned, and I already addressed the OP's issue in which their was no response to my help, instead he carried on with the conversation of where he located the file from....to which he replied RIM...but like you said address the problem, but once again the problem was addressed with no repsonse towards it..aside from that the issue seems dead anyways OP no longer has 4.3 installed lol
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 11-05-07 at 12:23 AM.
    11-05-07 12:19 AM
    We do not ban members here unless they are violating the rules of the forum. We do not do personal grudges or take personal issues. Yes we have closed threads but our members always understand the reasons behind such rules.

So no, nobody got banned. Unless there was some hidden moderator that I do not know of. I'm the only one present at the moment and nobody was banned for something such as a DM's discussion.
    11-05-07 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD