5 will get you 10 the Priv will be AT&T only. Anyone think Verizon will pick it up?

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.840
    10-16-15 01:35 PM
    The rumor mill has it on all 4 major US carriers, from evleaks who has been known to be spot on. Hopefully, announcements are forthcoming.
    10-16-15 01:38 PM
    Rumors where that all four of the big carriers would have it....

I believe that T-Mobile will have it, and AT&T has of late been a BlackBerry fan. And Verizon has a LOT of corporate accounts, so they usually want something to sell them.

But things change... a carrier can say yes and then when the testing and details (like the price) come to light, they can change their mind. I'm afraid the price tag on the PRIV is not going to make it a big seller, so I'm not sure what the Carrier's well end up doing.

But if Verizon doesn't carry the PRIV... that would be a disaster for BlackBerry.
    techvisor likes this.
    10-16-15 01:45 PM
    Hopefully at&t, Verizon and t-mobile will, only cuz then sprint will look stupid if they dont.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 01:48 PM
    They all will get it, its an Android

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 10-17-15 at 11:46 AM.
    thebum23 likes this.
    10-16-15 06:24 PM
    The rumor mill has it on all 4 major US carriers, from evleaks who has been known to be spot on. Hopefully, announcements are forthcoming.
    5 will get you 10 the Priv will be AT&T only. Anyone think Verizon will pick it up?

Hopefully at&t, Verizon and t-mobile will, only cuz then sprint will look stupid if they dont.

Posted via CB10
    They all will get it its an Android

Posted via CB10
    I want my 10....
    10-16-15 06:29 PM
    Well, we'll see, won't me.
    10-16-15 06:48 PM
    The carriers are in the business of making money... if the Priv can attract new or current subscribers, they will be in. The fact that it's Android makes it easier for salespeople to sell because they know it...

This is a conversation between a salesperson and a buyer...

"Does this have Instagram?" asks the buyer.
    "Yes," says the salesperson
    "Does this have a physical keyboard?" asks the buyer.
    "Yes," replies the salesperson.
    "I want it." says the buyer.

Where it says Instagram, you can insert ANY app title.

The rumour was that all US carriers were going to carry this.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 07:12 PM
    The carriers are in the business of making money... if the Priv can attract new or current subscribers, they will be in. The fact that it's Android makes it easier for salespeople to sell because they know it...

This is a conversation between a salesperson and a buyer...

"Does this have Instagram?" asks the buyer.
    "Yes," says the salesperson
    "Does this have a physical keyboard?" asks the buyer.
    "Yes," replies the salesperson.
    "I want it." says the buyer.

Where it says Instagram, you can insert ANY app title.

The rumour was that all US carriers were going to carry this.

Posted via CB10
    Unless it's an iOS only app... but that's kinda rare...

Does it have... Keynote? Garageband? Lol ;-)

  Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)  
    10-16-15 08:17 PM
    I'm sure the carriers are looking for exclusives. The question is whether or not BlackBerry has the market clout to deny them. Even the new Windows flagship phones ( the first ones in years) aren't going to be on Verizon. So, I would say that there is still a good possibility that there will be an exclusive period negotiated with one of the carriers in return for some marketing.
    10-16-15 08:23 PM
    My money is on Verizon stiffing BlackBerry yet again. Has any spec been released that says the Priv will have CDMA capability?

Posted via Z10
    10-16-15 08:55 PM
    My money is on Verizon stiffing BlackBerry yet again. Has any spec been released that says the Priv will have CDMA capability?

Posted via Z10
    I'm feeling the same thing jackcarr. Maybe the fact that Priv is Android will make some difference but I'm not counting on it. And I've said this before in here and I'll say it again: I will NOT change carriers for a device!

10-16-15 11:54 PM
    I'm sure the carriers are looking for exclusives. The question is whether or not BlackBerry has the market clout to deny them. Even the new Windows flagship phones ( the first ones in years) aren't going to be on Verizon. So, I would say that there is still a good possibility that there will be an exclusive period negotiated with one of the carriers in return for some marketing.
    I don't really understand that "exclusive" thing at all... :-)

  Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)  
    10-17-15 01:01 AM
    The carriers are going to be running ads featuring the Priv so the last thing they want is a potential customer simply going to one of their competitors to sign a contract. Why should the carriers invest in a big launch of an untested device? It would be better to just wait and see if the Priv is a success before carrying it. Remember that AT&T went from an also-ran to one of the big two in the US based on a multi-year exclusive for the iPhone after the other carriers passed on an expensive new smartphone from an iPod company that was a huge data hog.

Blackberry is in a pretty poor position with the carriers because they don't have a lot of existing customers to make the threat of switching carriers much of a concern. This is a brand new line and Blackberry is going to be relying on carrier marketing so it will almost certainly be an exclusive.
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-17-15 01:21 AM
    I want my 10....
    *sigh* get over it. Think about it. People love Google because they provide simple and very helpful apps. Like Google maps.

Blackberry has 3rd party apps to replace them. Although I think they are better than google, it's not enough to convince people.

You can't just get people out of their comfort zone easily. So as people transitioned to android and apple back in 2007, the innovation boom kicked in and BlackBerry was left behind.

At some point, BlackBerry may have the time and money to go to bb10 but for now, the company needs to save itself and now is not to time to test the market.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 01:51 AM
    I would think all the major US carriers will have the Priv, I know T Mobile still carries the Blackberry brand and the classic.

Now that they have a Android based device and I am hoping the price is competitive, it should do well here. Time and a little promotion will tell, now it's wait and see.
    10-17-15 03:58 AM
    I would think all the major US carriers will have the Priv, I know T Mobile still carries the Blackberry brand and the classic.

Now that they have a Android based device and I am hoping the price is competitive, it should do well here. Time and a little promotion will tell, now it's wait and see.
    I've been told American carries already order bulk from BlackBerry for the first shipment..they are confident with this device!
    10-17-15 03:59 AM
    The carriers are going to be running ads featuring the Priv so the last thing they want is a potential customer simply going to one of their competitors to sign a contract. Why should the carriers invest in a big launch of an untested device? It would be better to just wait and see if the Priv is a success before carrying it. Remember that AT&T went from an also-ran to one of the big two in the US based on a multi-year exclusive for the iPhone after the other carriers passed on an expensive new smartphone from an iPod company that was a huge data hog.

Blackberry is in a pretty poor position with the carriers because they don't have a lot of existing customers to make the threat of switching carriers much of a concern. This is a brand new line and Blackberry is going to be relying on carrier marketing so it will almost certainly be an exclusive.
    I agree. It's not like the carriers don't have 20 other Android phones to sell customers. If people come in dreams vets asking about the Priv they'll push it. If not they'll just keep selling what sells.
    10-17-15 07:17 AM

*sigh* get over it.
    Go back and re-read the thread.
    10-17-15 09:03 AM
    Nothing on VZW yet. I spoke to a friend there again, maybe two weeks ago. He contacted the director and nothing on the Priv. He was trying to contact a Blackberry rep for VZW that he knows but I don't know if he was about to get any information on it. Very quiet on the Priv for VZW as of right now. As I said on another thread, their system will show model information and details several weeks before releasing the product and if it's not in the system as of today then I don't believe it will come out in November if it will come out at all for VZW. It can take 4 weeks minimum for it to be in the system for branding, information, support, shipping, etc etc

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 11:29 AM
    Do you people blame Verizon if they do stiff BB?

Seriously. How much did BlackBerry cost the big V?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 04:30 PM
    I just picked up another Classic at Verizon about two weeks ago. It was their very last one. No issues with the phone at all. Verizon won't spill the beans to anyone regarding phone releases, or even software updates, for that matter. I've asked about these things in the past, only to be told they "don't have any information." A day later, either the phone or the update is released.

Really hoping VZW is going to carry the PRIV. I at least want to check the phone out. If I like it and VZW doesn't carry it, I will probably switch to AT&T. If I don't like it, I might just switch anyway and get the Passport SE. Love the Classic but would like the larger screen real estate.

Posted via CB 10 on my BB Classic
    10-18-15 12:29 AM
    Chen seems to be looking to sell as many Privs as possible. I dont see any exclusives this time around.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-18-15 12:34 PM
    Chen seems to be looking to sell as many Privs as possible. I dont see any exclusives this time around.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Would be an unwise move from a business perspective. Maximize profits=sell as many as possible.
    10-18-15 01:27 PM
    I've been told American carries already order bulk from BlackBerry for the first shipment..they are confident with this device!
    Another thread has it "rumored" that only 500K PRIV have been manufactured....

And so far we haven't seen a CDMA version of the PRIV.... (in the wild or FCC filings). If the "launch" is only a few weeks away as the Carphone Warehouse delivery dates would suggest. At the very least the USA is not included in the initial launch, at the worst it will be with only a few GSM carriers.

If this is a $700 - $800+ phone... I think carrier have a pretty good understanding of what smartphone buyers are interested in, and what price range really sells.
    10-19-15 08:18 AM