What state are you in? I went to my local tmobile here in Arizona and the manager said the phone is selling surprisingly well. Some few searches online and quite a few articles are saying the Priv is selling well and BBRY might see a break even. I think Chen should drop the prices on the Priv because if it was priced at $500, the Priv would be selling like hot cakes as it would be the best phone to get at that more affordable price.
    I see a lot of assertions. Do you have any evidence to back them up?
    03-29-16 10:24 AM
    No, only Chen has the evidence and it's not going to come easy lol. You'll be left pulling numbers out of the earnings report and even then it'll be guesstimates, as it has been for the last few years with devices.
    TGR1, JeepBB and web99 like this.
    03-29-16 11:44 AM
    With BlackBerry sales being such a low number going into the quarter.... I don't think will have the difficult identifying PRIV sales like we did when BB10 came to market. Unless the numbers are close to where they were last quarter....
    03-29-16 11:58 AM
    I'd say realistically it's a couple hundred thousand. It's a very niche device with dated specs and a ridiculous price tag. If they sold anywhere close to a million, rest assured they'd tell us. BlackBerry hardware division is done.

Posted via CB10
    specs weren't outdated when it came out. it had the latest processor, good camera, 3gb of ram, best screen on the market by samsung. Yes overpriced, I agree on that
    03-29-16 12:45 PM
    I'm just telling you what the tmobile manager at my local store told me. There's no way anyone would give you exact numbers except for Chen. So I don't know what evidence you are asking for lol
    03-29-16 12:50 PM
    So more then 10 is Positive right......
    ONE is positive!
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    03-29-16 12:52 PM
    How do you define "selling well?" How does this store define "selling well?" In comparison to what?
    No idea what selling well means to them. All I know is that it sounded positive at that particular store. I can't say anything for other stores and carriers.
    03-29-16 12:52 PM
    specs weren't outdated when it came out. it had the latest processor, good camera, 3gb of ram, best screen on the market by samsung. Yes overpriced, I agree on that
    It came out with a snapdragon 808 which was already definitely outdated for a premium device in November 2015. Priv is still more expensive than brand new phones being released today with much better specs.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-29-16 01:46 PM
    It came out with a snapdragon 808 which was already definitely outdated for a premium device in November 2015. Priv is still more expensive than brand new phones being released today with much better specs.

Posted via CB10
    808 was the latest processor snapdragon had (yes, newer than the 810 overheating fiasco). The 820 only was released in 2016 with the galaxy s7.

So, wich processor was better than the 808 when priv launched that you sugest priv should have?
    03-29-16 02:01 PM
    808 was the latest processor snapdragon had (yes, newer than the 810 overheating fiasco). The 820 only was released in 2016 with the galaxy s7.

So, wich processor was better than the 808 when priv launched that you sugest priv should have?
    The 810.

And LOL at the overheating comment. I've never seen a device get hotter and get hotter more often than the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 02:42 PM
    I'm guessing a few hundred thousand. Any more than that and I'd be shocked due to the lack of people knowing the phone even exists. I do think there is a market for an Android pkb phone, but unfortunately BB seems to think that people are just going to magically find out that they have one for sale.
    I'd say you're about right.
    03-29-16 04:22 PM
    I saw my first Priv a few days ago! So I doubt it will be in millions! I have definitely seen quite a few classics lately.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 04:29 PM
    Nobody knows of the existence. -pretty much every phone store here. We'll see in a few day, but Android itself is horrible enough as it is, and there will be only a small amount of people willing to spend 800usd on an obsolete Android device in terms of specs.
    Just because it's only a Hexacore instead of Octa?
    :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    03-29-16 04:57 PM
    Haven't seen one in my travels yet. But see lots of Classics. So my guess is its not selling as well as the Classic. But that's just my opinion
    03-29-16 05:00 PM
    Guessing 500k Privs.

So presumably this would equate to a million or fewer total device sales announced 1st April.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-29-16 05:02 PM
    I thought Chen said....100 million give or take a few million either way!

That's what I would expect.........long on promise and thought...short on truth!

WOOF!
    03-29-16 05:43 PM
    This thread was started to ask for real sales numbers of the Priv - without conjecture. Before even the first reply, I could have told you that you will get nothing BUT conjecture (as there are no hard numbers at this time) - some of it will be stated with "authority", and the thread will spiral into bickering.
    You wasted your time starting this thread.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 06:08 PM
    The 810.

And LOL at the overheating comment. I've never seen a device get hotter and get hotter more often than the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    Because you never got hold of the M9 and and HTC flex that had heavy problems with thermal throtling (processor slowing down due to overheating). The 808 heats up and but doesn't throttle, the 810 when throttles, becomes slower than the old 800, wich is why the 808 came out.

The problem is the throttling caused by getting hot, if it got hot but didn't throttle, there wouldn't be a problem.

The 810 showed no improvements on speed tests proven by the LG g4 beating most android SD810 phones in real usage speed tests despite having the 808.

try to do some research next time
    Gallofa likes this.
    03-29-16 06:49 PM
    The Macbook 12 inch also heats up and throttles during live streaming.
    It gets so hot that I cannot touch the backside. It also gives me a message that performance is lowered unless I turn-off Firefox which is streaming.

The Passport is much better livestreaming the same TV channel. Does not heat up anywhere as much and the screen resolution is almost the same 1.4k*1.4k as opposed to 2.3k*1.4k
    03-29-16 08:42 PM
    Would be fitting to vote for the Priv in this contest: Smartphone Madness 2016: HTC One A9 vs. BlackBerry Priv
    03-30-16 03:26 AM
    I am from Michigan and this is based on several stores I have been to in my area, a couple of which are corporate stores and haven't sold a singe unit since it's release.
    You actually spend your time and go to stores to ask how priv is selling ?!? Wow you do have time on your hands ! Good for you

03-30-16 04:08 AM
    What state are you in? I went to my local tmobile here in Arizona and the manager said the phone is selling surprisingly well. Some few searches online and quite a few articles are saying the Priv is selling well and BBRY might see a break even. I think Chen should drop the prices on the Priv because if it was priced at $500, the Priv would be selling like hot cakes as it would be the best phone to get at that more affordable price.
    Lower price would be great. I met people who would consider getting this phone but the price was hard to swallow

03-30-16 04:11 AM
    The 810.

Posted via CB10
    I do not believe you ever had priv in your hands. Your comment is absolute garbage. Stop spreading misinformation. The phone hardly ever gets hot. I have priv for two months. The only time I feel phone gets warm is when updates are installed. stop being ignorant.

Bay 13 and Gallofa like this.
    03-30-16 04:17 AM
    The 810.

Posted via CB10
    I have two Priv's one unlocked AT&T model I have had since the device was launched and a T Mobile version and neither device has experienced any of the overheating issues. Only time either device gets warm is when I am performing a large update.
    Bay 13 and Gallofa like this.
    03-30-16 04:27 AM
    They announce numbers friday although it may not be broken down.

I'll guess 1M devices at an ASP Q/Q increase (to $370?) that may suggest 650K privs and 350K BB10.
    03-30-16 07:54 AM
76 1234