Are there any official sales numbers released on Priv yet! I know there is tons of conjecture and amateur manipulation of guess's out there but but has there been any official release of numbers sold so far?
    03-28-16 06:36 PM
    About fifteen million devices.
    Give or take a few million...

Posted via CB10
    jmaxim917 and Coachbulldog like this.
    03-28-16 06:40 PM
    Doubt it..lol. BlackBerry would kill to sell 15 million in a year..

Pimp slappin iGeeks, Droinerds and Windufuses with my big white Z30
    teoamador likes this.
    03-28-16 06:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    That would make the front page of every tech sitē if true!
    teoamador likes this.
    03-28-16 06:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    SLAPPP! I said no conjecture!
    03-28-16 06:46 PM
    It's probably a positive number of phones.

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    03-28-16 07:20 PM
    We will probably find out when Blackberry delivers their quarterly report this Friday.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 07:46 PM
    SLAPPP! I said no conjecture!
    Then why did you start this thread? Nobody will know anything that isn't conjecture until Friday. And even then, the picture may not be entirely clear.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-28-16 08:02 PM
    I'd say realistically it's a couple hundred thousand. It's a very niche device with dated specs and a ridiculous price tag. If they sold anywhere close to a million, rest assured they'd tell us. BlackBerry hardware division is done.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 08:24 PM
    It's probably a positive number of phones.

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    So more then 10 is Positive right......
    03-28-16 08:42 PM
    If they had been selling well we would have known about it.

Hence, the lack of good news is proof of the bad news.
    Q10Bold and skinnymike1 like this.
    03-28-16 08:50 PM
    I'm guessing a few hundred thousand. Any more than that and I'd be shocked due to the lack of people knowing the phone even exists. I do think there is a market for an Android pkb phone, but unfortunately BB seems to think that people are just going to magically find out that they have one for sale.
    03-28-16 08:57 PM
    Why are you surprised? It's not as if they advertised the passport. In that case they did not even release it through carriers except for a very limited number of countries.
    Priv has had much more exposure through carrier stores than the Passport ever had.
    03-28-16 09:08 PM
    I don't know the numbers but if you look up some articles about the sales the authors are saying is very low or not doing well.. for example an article said India sold only 120 units on launch day.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 10:12 PM
    Less than 1M give or take. If you look in the PlayStore you see less than 500,000 installs.
    OasisUK likes this.
    03-28-16 10:26 PM
    Less than 1M give or take. If you look in the PlayStore you see less than 500,000 installs.
    Source? Besides installs doesn't tell you any actual numbers of sales.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 11:17 PM
    Why are you surprised? It's not as if they advertised the passport. In that case they did not even release it through carriers except for a very limited number of countries.
    Priv has had much more exposure through carrier stores than the Passport ever had.
    Yes, the feeling is that is less than af they advertised the BlackBerry10 actual line of smartphones and indeed it could be the proved proof that going Android wasn't the only way to go.

Now one year of lack of development of BlackBerry10 led to falling behind the competition, and lost of developers or the same with regulated customers as it seems that BlackBerry doesn't defend and believe in its product.

Indeed, staying by their product by further extending and developing it's tools, investing on it an defending it and establishing new agreements with top developers as Facebook or Whatsapp was another option.

Let's see in a few days if after the loss of money due to BB10 there's the new loss of the Priv or not...

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 01:13 AM
    Source? Besides installs doesn't tell you any actual numbers of sales.

Posted via CB10
    Nobody knows of the existence. -pretty much every phone store here. We'll see in a few day, but Android itself is horrible enough as it is, and there will be only a small amount of people willing to spend 800usd on an obsolete Android device in terms of specs.
    03-29-16 01:38 AM
    Nobody knows of the existence. -pretty much every phone store here. We'll see in a few day, but Android itself is horrible enough as it is, and there will be only a small amount of people willing to spend 800usd on an obsolete Android device in terms of specs.
    That I agree with. But I know tmobile offers that phone for $0 down and AT&T is offering $90 worth of free accessories for the phone so that could be an incentive for people to come and switch to the Priv. I hope the numbers are positive because I really wanna buy the Vienna.. lol

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 02:13 AM
    I have been to a couple of local T-Mobile stores in my area and they don't even push the Priv, no signs or advertising of any sort. The keyboard is locked into position, so you can't can't the real feel of the device and it's sitting with a group of last years devices.

I think the device is not doing well for T-Mobile here in the USA and I still feel they should have priced it at 569.00 to be more in line with the LG V10 and the Galaxy models. I think the April 1st numbers will be dismal based on what I have seen here, we only have a few more days before the numbers are posted, it should be interesting.
    03-29-16 05:37 AM
    This could lead to the recent tweet of nearly incredible interest in BlackBerry10 by Chen...

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 05:47 AM
    I have been to a couple of local T-Mobile stores in my area and they don't even push the Priv, no signs or advertising of any sort. The keyboard is locked into position, so you can't can't the real feel of the device and it's sitting with a group of last years devices.

I think the device is not doing well for T-Mobile here in the USA and I still feel they should have priced it at 569.00 to be more in line with the LG V10 and the Galaxy models. I think the April 1st numbers will be dismal based on what I have seen here, we only have a few more days before the numbers are posted, it should be interesting.
    What state are you in? I went to my local tmobile here in Arizona and the manager said the phone is selling surprisingly well. Some few searches online and quite a few articles are saying the Priv is selling well and BBRY might see a break even. I think Chen should drop the prices on the Priv because if it was priced at $500, the Priv would be selling like hot cakes as it would be the best phone to get at that more affordable price.
    03-29-16 06:04 AM
    What state are you in? I went to my local tmobile here in Arizona and the manager said the phone is selling surprisingly well. Some few searches online and quite a few articles are saying the Priv is selling well and BBRY might see a break even. I think Chen should drop the prices on the Priv because if it was priced at $500, the Priv would be selling like hot cakes as it would be the best phone to get at that more affordable price.
    I am from Michigan and this is based on several stores I have been to in my area, a couple of which are corporate stores and haven't sold a singe unit since it's release.
    03-29-16 06:06 AM
    How do you define "selling well?" How does this store define "selling well?" In comparison to what?
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-29-16 08:15 AM
    I was hoping to buy one as my backup phone when it came to Sprint. Alas, they don't offer it. I got the Galaxy S7 Edge instead. I'm still not in love with Android, but the hardware on the S7 Edge is amazing. The camera is ridiculously good, and the free Oculus Gear VR - while really only a gimmick - is actually an amazing experience (got good and motion sick playing Temple Run). Not sure any Android device can work for me as a daily driver, but I wish I had been able to get the Priv from Sprint to try it out. That being said, I finally spotted my first Priv in the wild! Lady at the airport in Palm Beach was using it. Very cool looking in actual use.
    03-29-16 09:38 AM
76 123 ...