I'm going out of the country and my z10 is on its last leg, and im looking to get a new phone before I leave does anyone recommend anything between the priv and passport and why?
    03-28-16 03:40 PM
    I have a Passport and it is an excellent device but at this point I don't think I'd spend any amount of money on another BlackBerry 10 device. The market has spoken and it looks like the only two viable platforms are Android and iOS.

The Priv seems like the only option, if you're wanting to stick to BlackBerry hardware that is.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 04:03 PM
    Unfortunately I agree with Aman. I'm kinda hoping the rumored Vienna will be released. Might get that..

Pimp slappin iGeeks, Droinerds and Windufuses with my big white Z30
    03-28-16 06:58 PM
    As long as runtime works well, Passport for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 07:35 PM
    General usability, "desktop" experience - Passport
    Apps 'n stuff - Priv

:-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    03-28-16 07:44 PM
    Go with the Priv, FaceBook and Whatsapp will stop support on All BB10.
    03-28-16 08:40 PM
    Depends. Pkb on Priv stinks so if that's a big feature for you I'd get a Passport. If you want apps and an easier ability to connect to different things such as smart devices then I'd get the Priv. Android apps are terrible on the Passport and are slow and kill the battery. They aren't worth the headache you get with them until BB updates the runtime (which probably won't happen). Apps are a no brainier in favor of the Priv. Camera on the Priv is also better than the Passport. I like the look of the Passport better and it also has way better speakers than the pathetic one they put in the Priv.
    03-28-16 09:02 PM
    Passport BB10 GREAT
    Priv Android BAD
    bh7171 likes this.
    03-28-16 09:44 PM
    Buy the BlackBerry Passport. Some might argue about the "lack" of apps, but by the sounds of it, you've used a Z10 so you're probably used to that smooth, fluid BlackBerry 10 experience. Therefore, you should get something similar, but only faster with more internal storage and a larger battery (it's non-removable in case that bothers you).
    robson21 likes this.
    03-28-16 09:57 PM
    Depends. Pkb on Priv stinks so if that's a big feature for you I'd get a Passport. If you want apps and an easier ability to connect to different things such as smart devices then I'd get the Priv. Android apps are terrible on the Passport and are slow and kill the battery. They aren't worth the headache you get with them until BB updates the runtime (which probably won't happen). Apps are a no brainier in favor of the Priv. Camera on the Priv is also better than the Passport. I like the look of the Passport better and it also has way better speakers than the pathetic one they put in the Priv.
    "Android apps are terrible on the Passport and are slow and kill the battery". This has not been my experience on my Passport, Classic, Z30 and or Z10. The few Android apps from Amazon (News Republic, Our Groceries, Flixster, Android Central and Amazon Underground) run as well on my Passport as they do on my Samsung Tab Pro. (I turn off "run in background" and "run when minimized" as I do BlackBerry apps) They may be marginally slower to initially load but not nearly enough to be described as above. (and work fine when loaded) I think the initial description is a bit of an exaggeration. Just my. 02.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    robson21 likes this.
    03-28-16 10:41 PM
    "Android apps are terrible on the Passport and are slow and kill the battery". This has not been my experience on my Passport, Classic, Z30 and or Z10. The few Android apps from Amazon (News Republic, Our Groceries, Flixster, Android Central and Amazon Underground) run as well on my Passport as they do on my Samsung Tab Pro. (I turn off "run in background" and "run when minimized" as I do BlackBerry apps) They may be marginally slower to initially load but not nearly enough to be described as above. (and work fine when loaded) I think the initial description is a bit of an exaggeration. Just my. 02.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    That's not been my experience, but if you only run a few Android apps I can see where you may not have any problems with them.
    03-29-16 05:07 AM
    Passport BB10 GREAT
    Priv Android BAD

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    03-29-16 05:10 AM
    I'm leaning towards the Passport for the form factor, and I really don't like Android. The price of admission is a big factor too.

My dream device would be a PKB iphone, but that'll happen about the same time there's a native BB10 netflix app. :-/

03-29-16 05:13 AM
    thanks guys!!
    03-29-16 05:41 AM
    Just got my passport 2 weeks back. Love it! I have a samsung for the few apps I need but generally I am on my passport for 90% of the time? Brilliant!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 06:26 AM
    Have both, spent a month on priv and decided to return to BB10 and Passport. I missed blend support, and performance of priv was laggy even after last update. Full disclosure : I develop apps for iOS and Android. I still use BB10.

I'd like to get a group together to crowd fund development of apps that are missing or lacking on BB10, and also to lobby continued api support to it can be possible to develop key social media apps on the most secure platform. This is still the best platform and we can't afford a monoculture based on just Apple or Google and their privacy policies.

Posted via CB10
    bh7171, robson21, Oshasat and 2 others like this.
    03-29-16 02:06 PM

NOT sure how to reply to that? Have no idea what your point is. And the language? just not suitable for this old man.
    robson21 likes this.
    03-29-16 11:59 PM
    I have the Priv and own the Classic, Z10, Leap and Q10. I actually really am enjoying the Priv. The PKB takes getting used to but I use it a lot for long typing. The phone is fast, the camera is brilliant, phone is gorgeous, hub is not as good as OS10's but still great to have. Love the swipe left to delete on hub. I am glad I bought it altho I have a fondness in my heart for my Classic. Maybe play with the Priv for a little while. Took me more than two weeks to adjust and customize it to fit my needs. Which is normal with a new platform.

Posted via my Priv
    robson21 likes this.
    03-30-16 09:33 AM
    I have been a BlackBerry user for years but after the classic I ended up buying the Note 5 in Jan. No complaints there other then I miss typing on physical keyboard. I ended up getting bored with the note 5 and wanted to try the priv so I did a straight trade on kijiji for the priv last week. My impressions were mixed. I kept trying to do swipe gestures expecting it to feel like a blackberry. Camera and speed do not even compare to my note 5. The priv actually felt low end coming from the note 5 and let's talk about the build quality on the priv. Creaky sides, creaky back that feels loose, creaky screen when slider is shut, sliding mechanism a bit loose when moved left to right. Bottom right of the priv screen appears to be a bit lifted giving more clicking noises when typing. I've had the priv for 5 days wishing I never traded my note 5. Posted it on kijiji again and did a straight trade for my 1st BlackBerry Passport silver edition. 3rd day on my passport and I have to say it is now my favorite blackberry device. No regrets and finally happy with my device.

Posted via CB10
    robson21 likes this.
    04-01-16 11:15 AM
    I think i may try the passport first, because I have 14 days to trade it...
    04-01-16 01:01 PM
    No doubt the Passport with the awesome BB10 OS!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 08:10 PM
    Passport is a hidden gem. I don't know why the passport didn't save blackberry

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 08:20 PM
    I have both and use both everyday. Get a Passport.
    robson21 likes this.
    04-01-16 09:46 PM
    Coming from an 8730, Bold, and Q10, I bought a used Passport last week and have been enjoying the speed, screen, build quality, and camera. Of course the physical keyboard and Hub are what's keeping me loyal. It's early days, but I think that I'll let my Q10 go more readily than I would have predicted.

Posted via CB10
    robson21 likes this.
    04-02-16 05:40 AM
    So, what's the reason to stick with BlackBerry if it's just another Android phone? Are there any benefits? Does it just spy you out like every other Google product?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-16 12:55 PM
27 12