05-05-16 08:49 AM
64 123
tools
    Yea I got my Classic at launch thru shopbb but couldn't justify that 700 price tag for the Priv. Now that it's lower, we're stuck with ATT phones on Amazon or official BB phones on shopBB for 650.. frustrating.. I don't want to have to use an autoloader for updates or find a friend with a ATT SIM to get my updates! That's too much work..i might as well stay with BB10.

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    Or try searching in CB market place
    04-28-16 09:58 AM
    Or try searching in CB market place
    I'm using an Amazon Card so my only option is Amazon.

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    04-28-16 09:59 AM
    I'm using an Amazon Card so my only option is Amazon.

I found this info in other thread

Open box factory unlocked Privs are $450 on Amazon now.

Tempting.
    04-28-16 04:27 PM
    I found this info in other thread
    I have made it a habit in my life to NOT buy ANY tech that is Open-Box! There is a reason why it is so cheap.. you get what you pay for and it just saves you aggravation down the road by not buying open-box. I used to work at Best Buy back in the day..

04-28-16 04:41 PM
    I have made it a habit in my life to NOT buy ANY tech that is Open-Box! There is a reason why it is so cheap.. you get what you pay for and it just saves you aggravation down the road by not buying open-box. I used to work at Best Buy back in the day..

Ah gotcha
    04-28-16 04:42 PM
    Could the updates be downloaded and installed Sachesi-style and bypass AT&T?

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    04-28-16 06:07 PM
    Could the updates be downloaded and installed Sachesi-style and bypass AT&T?

As of now, nope.
    04-28-16 08:33 PM
    Light at end of the tunnel for the rest of you.. My Brand New Factory/Blackbery Unlocked just arrived and I only paid $550!! At that price I was praying it wasn't going to come in that dreadful bright orange ATT box!
     Priv now 0 on Amazon-img_20160504_130309_edit.png
     Priv now 0 on Amazon-img_20160504_124922.jpg

05-04-16 01:11 PM
    Well that's great for you and the 300K or so that were willing to buy the PRIV. For most the rest of the market.... It's PRICE, FEATURES and GIMMICKS. And the slide out keyboard just isn't a gimmick that many care about.

Security Differentiation.... Security, Security, Security for eight years I've heard how important security is (and I agree), but I've watched BlackBerry loses marketshare year after year after year. And their supposed NICHE of enterprise has slowly moved away from BlackBerry and their not to be compared security. Maybe, just maybe, it might have been smarter to focus a little less on what .02% of the market wanted and a little more on what the other 99.98% wanted......
    Blackberry will never be able to compete with huge consumer electronics companies on price and gimmicks, nor should they try. If there is no market for superior, business-class hardware they should and will exit hardware.

Son long as they are in business, they will always be a niche company, charging more for features valued by enterprise users but not by the general public.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 01:41 PM
    Wow! $600! Is that all! /sarcasm
    05-04-16 01:50 PM
    Dang, 400 now brand new! Wait a couple more weeks and they'll be paying you to own it!

Lol
    05-04-16 05:47 PM
    If you are just comparing specs and price, the PRIV is still $100 - $250 (G4) overpriced. The mistake was ever treating the PRIV as a consumer device. They should have taken a page from BlackPhone and gone straight to enterprise.... only problem is so far they don't really have the security where it needs to be to differentiate themselves from other Androids.. Maybe with MM that will change and they can focus on enterprise.

But then I doubt sales this quarter will even match last quarter, and it clear the price is dropping which means ASP is dropping too.
    So, how many phones have Blackphone sold?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 05:55 PM
    So, how many phones have Blackphone sold?

Posted via CB10
    At this point they may be getting close to 1/2 a million.... Chen indicated that next earnings they would be a little more transparent on hardware sales.
    05-05-16 07:49 AM
    At this point they may be getting close to 1/2 a million.... Chen indicated that next earnings they would be a little more transparent on hardware sales.
    Blackphone has sold 500,000 units??? Then why bother telling BlackBerry to do what blackphone is doing, as it really isn't working either

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 08:49 AM
64 123