Check out amazon, the price came down on the Priv to $600. I'm still waiting till it's around $500, but ✔ it out..
     Priv now 0 on Amazon-img_20160421_093058.png

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    04-21-16 09:33 AM
    Nice thanks for the heads up
    04-21-16 09:34 AM
    Certainly closer to where it should have been at launch! If Blackberry is going to swim with the Android sharks they are going to have to accept that price cuts will happen quickly and often in droid-world.
    04-21-16 10:53 AM
    Certainly closer to where it should have been at launch! If Blackberry is going to swim with the Android sharks they are going to have to accept that price cuts will happen quickly and often in droid-world.
    +1

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    04-21-16 11:12 AM
    If you are just comparing specs and price, the PRIV is still $100 - $250 (G4) overpriced. The mistake was ever treating the PRIV as a consumer device. They should have taken a page from BlackPhone and gone straight to enterprise.... only problem is so far they don't really have the security where it needs to be to differentiate themselves from other Androids.. Maybe with MM that will change and they can focus on enterprise.

But then I doubt sales this quarter will even match last quarter, and it clear the price is dropping which means ASP is dropping too.
    JeepBB and IndianTiwari like this.
    04-21-16 11:50 AM
    You can find mint condition Privs' for under $500 on Swappa.com.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 01:52 PM
    If you are just comparing specs and price, the PRIV is still $100 - $250 (G4) overpriced. The mistake was ever treating the PRIV as a consumer device. They should have taken a page from BlackPhone and gone straight to enterprise.... only problem is so far they don't really have the security where it needs to be to differentiate themselves from other Androids.. Maybe with MM that will change and they can focus on enterprise.

But then I doubt sales this quarter will even match last quarter, and it clear the price is dropping which means ASP is dropping too.
    I beg to differ. Their hardware security enhancements, software enhancements, combined with timely monthly releases is a fair bit of security differentiation.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 03:36 PM
    I beg to differ. Their hardware security enhancements, software enhancements, combined with timely monthly releases is a fair bit of security differentiation.

Posted via CB10
    Well that's great for you and the 300K or so that were willing to buy the PRIV. For most the rest of the market.... It's PRICE, FEATURES and GIMMICKS. And the slide out keyboard just isn't a gimmick that many care about.

Security Differentiation.... Security, Security, Security for eight years I've heard how important security is (and I agree), but I've watched BlackBerry loses marketshare year after year after year. And their supposed NICHE of enterprise has slowly moved away from BlackBerry and their not to be compared security. Maybe, just maybe, it might have been smarter to focus a little less on what .02% of the market wanted and a little more on what the other 99.98% wanted......
    04-22-16 07:48 AM
    Check out amazon, the price came down on the Priv to $600. I'm still waiting till it's around $500, but ✔ it out..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160421_093058.png 
Views:	2544 
Size:	132.3 KB 
ID:	397809

That's great. But still I feel it should be around USD 500 to make it more affordable for the BlackBerry lovers.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    04-22-16 11:23 AM
    $500 US. $550 CDN. Then I may buy.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 11:43 AM
    I just sold a mint T Mobile version with a flip leather case for 435.00 and the new owner was thrilled to get it.
    04-22-16 04:14 PM
    I just sold a mint T Mobile version with a flip leather case for 435.00 and the new owner was thrilled to get it.
    Dang I would have bought that from you lol. Now that you have parted with it, what are all the things you didn't like about it that made you sell it?

04-22-16 04:27 PM
    Is it Inventory clean up before EOL, or other desperate attempt?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-22-16 08:48 PM
    Is it Inventory clean up before EOL, or other desperate attempt?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    IMO they are starting to try and break even. The Priv wasn't an immediate success but it wasn't a total failure also. This has happened time and time again with the 1st version of anything. Heck even the 1st iPhone was garbage. I always figured the 2nd version of the Priv would be better or at least an updated OS. So you have 1st version specs and it being overpriced didn't help. So if I can get the Priv on some kind of financing at around..$400-500, I'm all over it! They are FINALLY about to update to Marshmallow, but it's too late for all the returns that are tired of waiting..but hey that just means I'm about to get a better deal on a Marshmallow Priv!!!

04-22-16 11:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    That is BlackBerry 's story. The market seems not buying it.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-23-16 08:40 AM
     Priv now 0 on Amazon-img_20160423_095813.png

$588.44!
    04-23-16 08:58 AM
    For most the rest of the market.... It's PRICE, FEATURES and GIMMICKS. And the slide out keyboard just isn't a gimmick that many care about.
    I wouldn't mind to pay the price and get Priv if there weren't a lot of battery life and build quality issues. I was ready to pick it up... I mean, yeah the front facing camera was a little disappointing but I won't use it much. The whole story was good enough for me... high end full touch with security and productivity features, and backed by a SW team developed BB10, I was sold.

Then all reviews mentioned overheating problem, and most mentioned mixed battery life. That reminded me of my Z10. Z10's battery wasn't good but at least it wasn't overheating.

Even that 's not a deal braker because I was able to tue the settings of the Z10 to get the battery life lasting most of the day and a little googling returned tons of battery tricks in Android world.

Then there was build quality issues... lots of people saying their Priv were perfect but there were so many people also saying theirs had problem. That got me hesitated. And then if you compare Priv's review videos to other high end Android phones video, mute or ignore the audio, you begin to notice Priv looks dirty, looks cheap.

After that, because I am ready to go with Android, I began to check out other Android phones seriously, that's when I found the Priv's value proposition isn't that attractive anymore. BlackBerry past the window to capture a loyal BlackBerry user's attention window. Before this point buying a non BlackBerry didn't even cross my mind, they just need to make Priv good enough comparing to Passport... and I was going to give it a pass even if it's less efficient than Passport. but after this point, Priv has to compete with other Android flagship now, and that's when my buying interests went downhill.

Now I look at S7 Edge and HTC 10, both are more expensive than Priv, but I can't see myself buying Priv any more.

The marketing window for a new Android phone is pretty much 4 months or less. After that there is no way you can get sufficient return on your marketing dollar because some new phones would be out and with at least something absolutely better than yours. This year is a great year for Android users. If Priv came out last Spring they would have a much better chance because most of the flagship were having battery or overheating issues. This year only LG has build quality issues, the other two look perfect.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-23-16 09:13 AM
    ^^ very true. Android sales are extremely front-loaded because "better" is always right around the corner. BlackBerry isn't used to that kind of sales strategy. Apple keeps their prices constant because they control the hardware and the software (which is what BlackBerry wanted to do but wasn't successful).

By Android standards, the Priv will be selling for under $400 by the end of the year, and the Priv2 will be out before xmas. We shall see if BlackBerry can keep up with that pace.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-23-16 09:25 AM
    ^^ very true.
    By Android standards, the Priv will be selling for under $400 by the end of the year, and the Priv2 will be out before xmas. We shall see if BlackBerry can keep up with that pace.

I honestly don't think there will be a "Priv 2". I think if there was going to be a Priv 2 they wouldn't be bothering to up date the original Priv to Marshmallow. We all know that's what Apple would do..not give u the update on your current phone, make you go out and buy another one for the new OS. But also know BB won't go by that model.

04-23-16 09:41 AM
    I honestly don't think there will be a "Priv 2". I think if there was going to be a Priv 2 they wouldn't be bothering to up date the original Priv to Marshmallow. We all know that's what Apple would do..not give u the update on your current phone, make you go out and buy another one for the new OS. But also know BB won't go by that model.
    Yup. That's exactly what Apple does.

Oh, wait, no. It's exactly the opposite of what Apple does. The oldest phone that supports the current version of iOS came out 5 years ago.
    04-23-16 10:22 AM

Eh, my iPhone 4S (circa 2011) is running the latest version of IOS. Granted I only use it for a 64GB ipod in my car but I can always pop a SIM into it in a pinch.

Apple supports devices for a LONG time.

I do agree with you about no Priv 2, but I think it's more because BlackBerry's business model hasn't really been to update a phone every year. They aren't really prepared to play the android game by the established rules.

04-23-16 10:22 AM
    Yup. That's exactly what Apple does.

Oh, wait, no. It's exactly the opposite of what Apple does. The oldest phone that supports the current version of iOS came out 5 years ago.
    I'm not sure where he came up with that. iOS devices, iPhones especially, usually get three major software updates during their lifetime. The only anomaly thus far has been the 4S you mentioned.
    04-23-16 01:44 PM
    $600 is where the Priv should've started with in terms of price.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 09:23 AM
    I honestly don't think there will be a "Priv 2".
    I'm with you up till that point. But after that you lost me. Here's how I'd have put it:

I honestly don't think there will be a "Priv 2". I'm basing this on BlackBerry's track record with the Z20, Q20, Z50, Classic 2, Leap 2, and Passport 2.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-25-16 09:32 AM
    The listing that is sold by Amazon is now down to $579.99... so price is still dropping.
    04-25-16 09:33 AM
64 123