And i wish BB showed some appreciation for the loyalty shown by its users and offer some decent buy back options for atleast the BB10 devices.
    02-19-16 01:21 AM
    Forecast = future. Slowing sales growth does not mean less phone sales than before. From the article: "IPhone sales rose to 74.8 million units."
    After reading all the reports this week, the iPhone craze is slowly coming to an end. Now that the foreign companies are making cheaper smartphones on Android, there is nothing separating iPhones from the rest of the phones on the market except their inflated prices that people are getting tired of paying.. Its funny the only "positive" iPhone news comes from Apple, which is obviously spun that way..in reality Apple lost market share in the smartphone sector, only about 17% of iPhones users actually switched to the 6/6S and so on and so on. They are obviously feeling the pinch of the cheaper phones coming out thus the reason they are making a "low end" phone at the same time already trying to push out the iPhone 7! And they are supposed to be an "high-end" phone company..looks like they are just copying the other players, which is the exact opposite of what they are known for doing. The innovation from Apple in the smartphone market has come to a hault. They are no longer the "only company in town" that can innovate. One week they say, "hey buy this phone it's the best", then a month later they have a new phone and say, "nevermind the one you just purchased, this one is better..and more expensive"! Then a week later a different phone company comes out with a phone that does the same and more, for a way cheaper price! What's keeping me from getting the cheaper phone that does the same or more than the latest iPhone?? Absolutely nothing..

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    02-19-16 09:46 AM
    ^^^ wishful thinking
    02-20-16 03:51 PM
    After reading all the reports this week, the iPhone craze is slowly coming to an end.
    People here have been predicting the "End of Apple" for almost as long as others have been predicting the "End of BlackBerry".

Neither has yet happened but, if I were a betting man, I know where my money would go!
    02-21-16 06:16 AM
    People here have been predicting the "End of Apple" for almost as long as others have been predicting the "End of BlackBerry".

Neither has yet happened but, if I were a betting man, I know where my money would go!
    The "S" years.... are always a little more difficult for Apple - surprised they have continued to do them.

But then I think the biggest factor is simply that Carriers have moved away from subsidies... thus all the flagship devices have been hurt by either people are keeping devices longer or they are buying less expensive devices. I think the overall highend market has shrunk. And that hurts Apple more than any other vendor.
    02-22-16 08:43 AM

People have been predicting the "End of Apple" since before Blackberry existed.
    02-22-16 04:28 PM
    I just read that Chen confirmed the Priv will be getting a price drop towards the end of February! Congratulations to all those impatient customers that couldn't wait! I shouted it from the hilltops weeks ago that this was going to happen. Now I can consider trying one out. Good job Chen!

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    My BlackBerry Bold died. I had but no choice. Sigh.
    02-23-16 06:03 AM
    And i wish BB showed some appreciation for the loyalty shown by its users and offer some decent buy back options for atleast the BB10 devices.
    The words BlackBerry and user appreciation do not belong in the same sentence because they are contradictory.
    02-24-16 03:14 PM
    The words BlackBerry and user appreciation do not belong in the same sentence because they are contradictory.
    Think it was BlackBerry and customer appreciation..... BlackBerry has had a very strong group of users that appreciated (or stuck with them). But they can only take so much "abuse"....

Eight years and I haven't seen where BlackBerry cares about their customers... STORM was a bad hardware design due to Verizon rushing them... fix was to release it eight months later with more memory... no customer appreciation for existing user (and no future updates - it stayed on OS5). PlayBook.... what can I say, no customer appreciation (and no future updates). End of BB10 and probable the beginning and end of BlackBerry Hardware... BlackBerry doesn't appreciate customer to even tell them the truth. You can choose to believe there will be future updates for both beyond this year..... but that would be contrary to how they operate.
    02-24-16 03:32 PM
    Its not rocket science! All phones drop in price

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    Trust me: for BlackBerry, product pricing is Rocket Science.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-24-16 03:45 PM
    Priv low sales. What did BBRY think? Inferior OS, inferior hardware quality and Overpriced by $100's.

Rocking a Z30
    I actually like the phone a lot aside from the buggy software I appreciate the keyboard.
    02-24-16 06:33 PM
    This news should definitely quiet down those that have complained about Priv pricing, but I really don't see them (at least not the ones on this site that complained, for the most part) buying the Priv, even with the price cut. I finally picked up the Priv over the weekend, and while I wish the build quality matched that of the BlackBerry Passport, I must say that I am enjoying my purchase.
    Sje1973 likes this.
    02-26-16 07:54 AM
    This news should definitely quiet down those that have complained about Priv pricing, but I really don't see them (at least not the ones on this site that complained, for the most part) buying the Priv, even with the price cut. I finally picked up the Priv over the weekend, and while I wish the build quality matched that of the BlackBerry Passport, I must say that I am enjoying my purchase.
    I guarantee I'll buy it if it drops $100! If not, I'll keep my Classic..

02-26-16 08:33 AM
    Didn't Chen say we'd have a price drop by the MWC in order to stay competitive?

Posted via CB10
    sonicpix likes this.
    02-27-16 11:40 PM
    The price drop is not the only thing not in sight, the priv itself is no where to be seen in any of the stores in India. It is only available onine. I would like to see the priv physically before buying one. And I reiterate, the price in India is equivalent of $930...I don't think even a $100 price cut will be enough atleast in india. The iphones are cheaper over here. This is literally the most expensive phone in India by far! For india, the price of $700 would be more than fair.
    02-28-16 12:33 AM
    ^^ this

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    02-28-16 06:22 AM
    Your sig is weird af lmao

I just bought my Priv for full price and I feel like I'm getting what I paid for so far, so price drop or not I am satisfied with my purchase.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-28-16 10:16 PM
    So, this is the last day in February. And they even got an extra day this year.

Where's that price drop?

Sorry, but 50 bucks at Shop BlackBerry isn't really a drop when no one else is dropping.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 02:42 PM
    So, this is the last day in February. And they even got an extra day this year.

Where's that price drop?

Sorry, but 50 bucks at Shop BlackBerry isn't really a drop when no one else is dropping.

Posted via CB10
    Yea, $50 isn't enough.. they drop it $100 and I'll head up to the store or shopbb now!

02-29-16 06:35 PM
    I can't stand Kevin O'leary, but he was right when he said BlackBerry should be giving phones away at least around cost, to build up user base. BlackBerry phones have been over priced for a company struggling to sell hardware.

Posted via CB10
    This is what Microsoft has been doing for the last few years with the low end Lumia phones but their market share is stagnant and still shrank this year.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 09:50 AM
120 ... 345