In fact, with the Holiday bundle being offered right now, there has been a de facto, if temporary, price drop already. Flip cover + charging pod included with the base price.

That's enough, along with a probable TMo release, to incentivize me not to wait until a possible late-Feb price drop which might just barely cover the price of those items I'd buy anyway.

Posted via CB10
    Understandable..but those items they are offering for "free" in the bundle are dirt cheap all year round on Amazon. I have never purchased accessories on shopBB.com, they are always price gouging!

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    01-02-16 04:24 PM
    Had kinda hoped that before T-Mobile and Verizon came on board that the price would have dropped.....
    01-29-16 12:00 PM
    ...and in the mean time, I will have enjoyed a badass phone for four months .

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    01-29-16 12:11 PM
    ...and in the mean time, I will have enjoyed a badass phone for four months .

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    Only 4 months?!? I hadn't noticed since the hype died down 2 weeks after launch. I'm sure that loose term, "badass phone" is an opinion and not so much a fact..i know ur happy to get those bug-fix updates! I might just wait for the Priv 2

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    01-29-16 12:30 PM
    The million dollar question - would more people buy BlackBerry devices if they were cheaper?

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    ndeep13 likes this.
    01-29-16 08:53 PM
    Isn't the iPhone 6S and latest Samsung Galaxy roughly the same price as the Priv? They are even listed higher on some sites. And they are selling.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 08:59 AM
    I can't stand Kevin O'leary, but he was right when he said BlackBerry should be giving phones away at least around cost, to build up user base. BlackBerry phones have been over priced for a company struggling to sell hardware.

Posted via CB10
    nt300 likes this.
    01-30-16 09:18 AM
    I can't stand Kevin O'leary, but he was right when he said BlackBerry should be giving phones away at least around cost, to build up user base. BlackBerry phones have been over priced for a company struggling to sell hardware.

Posted via CB10
    Yea they should let Mr. Wonderful run the company! Then we would get phones cheap for a short period!

01-30-16 11:23 AM
    Isn't the iPhone 6S and latest Samsung Galaxy roughly the same price as the Priv? They are even listed higher on some sites. And they are selling.

Posted via CB10
    They are selling but not as good as previous years. Smartphone sales were down 14% in 2015.. iPhones sold, but not as good as the same time in 2014/2015..the same with Samsung and Sony. The whole industry struggled last year. IMO it's because people are finally tired of overpaying for tech that will be obsolete in 6-12 months and getting tricked into extending their contract for an "upgrade". Me personally if I pay over $500 for a phone, I want to be able to use it at least a full year before I contemplate an upgrade, and want the phone to be good enough to use flawlessly for at least 2 years incase I can't afford a new phone for some reason.

01-30-16 11:32 AM
    Had kinda hoped that before T-Mobile and Verizon came on board that the price would have dropped.....
    The drop probably won't be till after the next tech conference.

01-30-16 11:44 AM
    They are selling but not as good as previous years. Smartphone sales were down 14% in 2015.. iPhones sold, but not as good as the same time in 2014/2015..the same with Samsung and Sony. The whole industry struggled last year. IMO it's because people are finally tired of overpaying for tech that will be obsolete in 6-12 months and getting tricked into extending their contract for an "upgrade". Me personally if I pay over $500 for a phone, I want to be able to use it at least a full year before I contemplate an upgrade, and want the phone to be good enough to use flawlessly for at least 2 years incase I can't afford a new phone for some reason.

iPhone sales have increased every quarter since the original iPhone, so they have actually sold better every quarter and year.
    01-31-16 08:06 PM
    Yes. I agree a phone which has sold life a year, doesn't make sense to be so costly. Users have realised it and that's reason, Chinese phones are getting popular and selling more.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 08:19 PM
    iPhone sales have increased every quarter since the original iPhone, so they have actually sold better every quarter and year.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...phone-slowdown

Priv February 2016 price drop!-img_20160131_212429.png

01-31-16 09:25 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160131_212429.png 
Views:	1576 
Size:	164.5 KB 
ID:	389736

iPhone sales still increased, though.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/apple...sults-3581769/

*ME173X
    techvisor likes this.
    01-31-16 11:47 PM
    The drop probably won't be till after the next tech conference.

My guess is just before the new Samsung's are released or near that time.

What we got here is failure to communicate....
    02-01-16 11:52 AM
    Generally speaking, price matches demand. If more of us kept our phones for 2 years, prices would come down. But we're so thirsty for the latest tech, these wealthy manufacturers can confidently introduce ostensibly disposable technology at higher $.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 01:19 AM
    Priv low sales. What did BBRY think? Inferior OS, inferior hardware quality and Overpriced by $100's.

Rocking a Z30
    02-14-16 05:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    In share your sentiments. I too don't like him that much. But he makes Strong Sense. He loves BB10. Who wouldn't love it. It's interface is addicting.

Going back to iOS and Android is like picking up a phone From 2007.

BBRY should be giving it's phone Away at cost and build up its market share. With the right Carrier support and Marketing. In less the. A year, BB10 would end up being well known and a strong 3rd place.

Rocking a Z30
    02-14-16 05:44 PM
    iPhone sales still increased, though.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/apple...sults-3581769/

*ME173X
    The day IPhones die off will be the best day for mobile technology.

Rocking a Z30
    02-14-16 05:45 PM
    I don't think they dropped the price because of an inferior OS or inferior hardware. I paid $210.00 last Christmas for a brand new z30 from shop Blackberry when they started out over double that price. If you are fortunate enough to have bought your Priv in the last 30 days from shop BlackBerry they will price match the new price as I just did this today and they are refunding me $50.00.
    02-14-16 05:47 PM
    I think some people here on crackberry are just in denial, as selling phones at cost for blackberry was and is a no win situation. BB10 is a niche OS and is no longer is viewed by blackberry as the main os for their smart phones that will get them profitability for their hardware division. I believe Microsoft has spent more money on windows mobile os and hardware, than blackberry and look at their overall smart phone market share.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 09:11 PM
    With the priv BB really has a chance to bounce back, but if they insist on pricing it as the most expensive phone in the market then they have really lost all contact with reality. The passport and the classic were only bought by the BB loyalists upgrading from their taped up curves and bolds and i dont think even they will want to move to the priv at this price. If most of the american BB users are upset with $700 just think how infuriating it is to shell out $930 for the indian BB users. Also they dont really have much in terms of after sales support in india. This price point is so absolutely ridiculous.
    02-18-16 09:51 AM
    With the priv BB really has a chance to bounce back, but if they insist on pricing it as the most expensive phone in the market then they have really lost all contact with reality. The passport and the classic were only bought by the BB loyalists upgrading from their taped up curves and bolds and i dont think even they will want to move to the priv at this price. If most of the american BB users are upset with $700 just think how infuriating it is to shell out $930 for the indian BB users. Also they dont really have much in terms of after sales support in india. This price point is so absolutely ridiculous.
    I know I'm holding onto my Classic till the Priv drops to around $550. Even after, I will still keep my Classic..

02-18-16 02:10 PM
    Blackberry should take a page from what Apple use to do and use the previous generation phone for the low end market.

Posted via CB10
    Kaniberry likes this.
    02-18-16 05:33 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160131_212429.png 
Views:	1576 
Size:	164.5 KB 
ID:	389736

Forecast = future. Slowing sales growth does not mean less phone sales than before. From the article: "IPhone sales rose to 74.8 million units."
    02-18-16 08:50 PM
120 ... 2345