Not sure what the fuss is about. After almost four months on the market, we should expect the price to be reduced by some amount. There will also be downward pressure once AT&T's exclusive in the USA expires. We should read nothing into this and speculating about sales volume is silly at this point.
    12-26-15 11:01 AM
    Not sure what the fuss is about. After almost four months on the market, we should expect the price to be reduced by some amount. There will also be downward pressure once AT&T's exclusive in the USA expires. We should read nothing into this and speculating about sales volume is silly at this point.
    Agreed. All I wanted to do is point out the device will be getting a price drop regardless of people's "sentimental value" or "Pride-in-Purchase". It's pretty cut and dry..either you are happy to hear about the price drop or you are feeling some kind of way because you already purchased it.

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    12-26-15 11:12 AM
    By the end of February I'll be four months in of waiting on the next device. The fact that early adopters pay more shouldn't surprise anyone.
    12-26-15 11:15 AM
    If true, the real story would be how pathetic it is for the smartest CEO in the world having to drop the price before he could even follow through with getting it into the hands of all the carriers he promised just weeks ago.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 11:33 AM
    If true, the real story would be how pathetic it is for the smartest CEO in the world having to drop the price before he could even follow through with getting it into the hands of all the carriers he promised just weeks ago.

Posted via CB10
    I'm a BB fan, but this company is struggling so bad it's not even funny. So for them to do something out of the norm, unexpected, or seems just down right foolish, doesn't surprise me.

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    Shlooky likes this.
    12-26-15 12:58 PM
    Personally, I am neither happy, nor sad if the price drops or it doesn't. I have not purchased one, and I currently have no plans to buy one at all. People are just correcting for the sake of accuracy. You are the one who seems to be getting his **** hurt over it.

Of course the price will drop. But, based on his exact words, that may or may not be in February.

Posted via CB10
    If u have no plans on buying a Priv, why on earth are you on this thread? Just to troll, add your 2 cents, or just to be "accurate"? All of which is irrelevant.. the tread is just to discuss if one is interested in seeing how low the Priv will go(whenever it happens), and if one would be more interested in purchasing at the lowered price. I care nothing about proving a word for word exact date of the price drop. The fact is..the price WILL go down in a couple months, the real question is, how much?

12-26-15 01:04 PM
    It's worth every penny and I'm a sucker who bought it when it first came out, it just means I got it before you did lol. #BlackBerry4Life 🔟🆕🆒

Posted Via Aaron's BlackBerry Z10 
    12-26-15 01:14 PM
    If u have no plans on buying a Priv, why on earth are you on this thread? Just to troll, add your 2 cents, or just to be "accurate"?
    Sorry, but I don't need your permission to be here. I'm interested in BB, have been a fan for a long time, and the Priv is the only thing they have going right now so I'm watching it. Take a deep breath and stop getting so emotional....lol

Posted via CB10
    JulesDB likes this.
    12-26-15 01:20 PM
    It's worth every penny and I'm a sucker who bought it when it first came out, it just means I got it before you did lol. #BlackBerry4Life 🔟🆕🆒

Posted Via Aaron's BlackBerry Z10 
    I guess it's like they say, "There's A Sucker born every min". I'm "Sucker Free"! It's proven to keep more money in my pockets lol!

hoytbowhunter and Shlooky like this.
    12-26-15 02:19 PM
    I guess it's like they say, "There's A Sucker born every min". I'm "Sucker Free"! It's proven to keep more money in my pockets lol!

No offence but what's the resale value of your current device in February. My passport resold on release day of the Priv for 450. Which means the cost of my passport was 200.00 for one year of use or you could say I paid 350 out right for a Priv. So who is the sucker? BTW...my Priv will be gone as soon as BlackBerry 's next flagship device is released.
    12-26-15 02:46 PM
    Prices of electronics drop over time, what a surprise. People who bought earlier had the privilege of owning it for longer, nothing to be bitter about.
    12-26-15 02:54 PM
    No offence but what's the resale value of your current device in February. My passport resold on release day of the Priv for 450. Which means the cost of my passport was 200.00 for one year of use or you could say I paid 350 out right for a Priv. So who is the sucker? BTW...my Priv will be gone as soon as BlackBerry 's next flagship device is released.
    IMO paying 200 to use a phone for only a year is not a deal..its a waste. For the kind of 💰 we pay for phones you should get at least 2 yrs of flawless service. That means no replacing screens, returning for defects, frustrated because the phone has a bug that you have to wait months for an update..etc. I personally don't buy phones to only use them for 6-12 months. I purchase them with full intent on using them at least 2 years. So that means whichever phone I buy needs to have tech that won't be obsolete and/or not supported after a year. I have used every BB I've ever owned 2 yrs or more before buying a new one. Yea there were phones that came out I wanted, I just waited a few more months for the price to drop or waited for the next version that fixed all the bugs the previous version had(ex: Storm 2). So while I may choose to be "late to the party", me waiting equals me saving money, getting a better version, and using the phone longer than most that buy and dump after 6 months.

sonicpix likes this.
    12-26-15 04:33 PM
    People who bought earlier had the privilege of owning it for longer, nothing to be bitter about.
    Not if the early adopters dump after 6 months, VS someone who purchases at the dropped price and keeps for 2 years.

12-26-15 04:40 PM
    IMO paying 200 to use a phone for only a year is not a deal..its a waste. For the kind of 💰 we pay for phones you should get at least 2 yrs of flawless service. That means no replacing screens, returning for defects, frustrated because the phone has a bug that you have to wait months for an update..etc. I personally don't buy phones to only use them for 6-12 months. I purchase them with full intent on using them at least 2 years. So that means whichever phone I buy needs to have tech that won't be obsolete and/or not supported after a year. I have used every BB I've ever owned 2 yrs or more before buying a new one. Yea there were phones that came out I wanted, I just waited a few more months for the price to drop or waited for the next version that fixed all the bugs the previous version had(ex: Storm 2). So while I may choose to be "late to the party", me waiting equals me saving money, getting a better version, and using the phone longer than most that buy and dump after 6 months.

Obviously we don't share the same opinion. I don't want to keep a device for two year. I have no interest in owning two year old technology.

I'd prefer to be part of the bugs then come to crackberry and aid in helping people out through the bugs rather than calling them " suckers"
    12-26-15 05:21 PM
    Obviously we don't share the same opinion. I don't want to keep a device for two year. I have no interest in owning two year old technology.

I'd prefer to be part of the bugs then come to crackberry and aid in helping people out through the bugs rather than calling them " suckers"
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling EVERYBODY that gets a new device at release is a sucker, I'm saying people that "overpay" for a new device when it hasn't been proven to be worth whatever the price tag is at it's release, would be the suckers.

Shlooky likes this.
    12-26-15 06:20 PM
    The Priv just saw another price cut in Canada at SaskTel..equals to $109US discount.

12-27-15 06:40 PM
    Well... I don't agree that early adopters are suckers. If you want it, you can afford it, go for it! Okay, waiting in line for an apple store when the new iPhone 643stx comes out and pay way too much when a week later or so you can get it for way less, would qualify as a potential suckers though.

Me, I am a late adapter. I usually buy old model phones but new with full warranty. Always did, always will be. I recently bought a Z30! So when this one dies, or my girl friend's z10 in a year (expected lifespan) I will check the Priv then.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-27-15 11:23 PM
    The Priv just saw another price cut in Canada at SaskTel..equals to $109US discount.
    Is it February already???

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and Carjackd like this.
    12-28-15 07:19 AM
    Why are people saying stupid things like a price drop is a sign of desperation. No it's not it's standard business practice.That's how it works in business. When a product comes out if you want it it usually costs more, then as time goes on they will have a updated version in the works, so they drop the price to move remaininig stock to prepare for the new version. As a matter of fact a price drop of at least $100 or more would make the Priv a great buy! By that time it will be more widely available, as well as all the software bugs will be gone, and maybe they will even have Marshmallow installed too! If they were not satisfied with the results so far they would of just shut down hardware, as John has said a few times already. So now they will be releasing new Android versions,as well as maybe a new BB10 device
    12-28-15 07:45 AM
    If someone gets more enjoyment out of being an early adopter, than buying months later at a lower price, then they aren't a sucker. As long as the buyer is happy that's all that matter imo

Sent from my Passport
    12-29-15 03:15 PM
    IMO paying 200 to use a phone for only a year is not a deal..its a waste.
    This statement tells me two things. You must not be a business man and you obviously do not use your smartphone as a tool to make money.

$200 for 12 months use is roughly $16.67 a month for a tool that can make the right person plenty of money.

I personally spend more than $17 a month on coffee alone.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 01:45 PM
    This statement tells me two things. You must not be a business man and you obviously do not use your smartphone as a tool to make money.

$200 for 12 months use is roughly $16.67 a month for a tool that can make the right person plenty of money.

I personally spend more than $17 a month on coffee alone.

Posted via CB10
    You are actually wrong on all assumptions. I am in fact a businessman, and use my phone for everything except taking payments, due to Square Reader not having an app for BlackBerry. So I have to use my android tablet to do so..

Bottom line is I am a businessman man that doesn't like to waste money and would like to get full use out of a tool until it is no longer useful.. Not replace just because a similar tool comes out in a different color or "better camera".

Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    12-30-15 04:23 PM
    You are actually wrong on all assumptions. I am in fact a businessman, and use my phone for everything except taking payments, due to Square Reader not having an app for BlackBerry. So I have to use my android tablet to do so..

Bottom line is I am a businessman man that doesn't like to waste money and would like to get full use out of a tool until it is no longer useful.. Not replace just because a similar tool comes out in a different color or "better camera".

Then it's simply an issue of you choosing the wrong tools. Like I've stated previously, $16.67 a month for a tool that can make the "right" person much more than that.

And if $200 is such an ordeal for you, then perhaps you should hustle more; $200 is chump change.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 01:13 PM
    Then it's simply an issue of you choosing the wrong tools. Like I've stated previously, $16.67 a month for a tool that can make the "right" person much more than that.

And if $200 is such an ordeal for you, then perhaps you should hustle more; $200 is chump change.

Posted via CB10
    My Hustle is just fine, and my tool(BB Classic)is just fine also..the person that doesn't waste money keeps their money longer. I don't need to justify my purchases with you are anyone else. I like to save money, it's that simple. If I wait a month or 2 save $200+ on a phone with almost top notch specs, thats my business. At the end of the day, spending $700+ to use a phone for 6-12 months is a waste..in MY opinion. Feel free to spend/waste your money how you like.

01-01-16 02:27 PM
    In fact, with the Holiday bundle being offered right now, there has been a de facto, if temporary, price drop already. Flip cover + charging pod included with the base price.

That's enough, along with a probable TMo release, to incentivize me not to wait until a possible late-Feb price drop which might just barely cover the price of those items I'd buy anyway.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 04:19 PM
120 12345