I just read that Chen confirmed the Priv will be getting a price drop towards the end of February! Congratulations to all those impatient customers that couldn't wait! I shouted it from the hilltops weeks ago that this was going to happen. Now I can consider trying one out. Good job Chen!

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    Last edited by jmo712; 12-29-15 at 04:21 PM.
    12-24-15 11:44 AM
    Its not rocket science! All phones drop in price

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    12-24-15 11:47 AM
    Its not rocket science! All phones drop in price

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    It's surprisingly rocket science to most, because when I mention the price would drop in a month or so people on her tried to argue with me that BB would have no reason to drop the price so soon. But I knew in BB fashion the price was def going to drop. Like u said, " it's rocket science " and doesn't take a psychic to know what was going to happen.

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    12-24-15 12:34 PM
    It's surprisingly rocket science to most, because when I mention the price would drop in a month or so people on her tried to argue with me that BB would have no reason to drop the price so soon. But I knew in BB fashion the price was def going to drop. Like u said, " it's rocket science " and doesn't take a psychic to know what was going to happen.
    You should investigate what's going to happen to the prices of Christmas decorations this weekend. Congrats to all of you foolish people who paid five times as much for your decorations just a couple of weeks before the prices will be slashed. I'll be getting my Christmas tree for so much less this weekend.
    12-24-15 12:42 PM
    Congratulations to all those suckers who paid top dollar for a tv. I waited and am now picking up a fancy color tube tv for free!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 12:48 PM
    You should investigate what's going to happen to the prices of Christmas decorations this weekend. Congrats to all of you foolish people who paid five times as much for your decorations just a couple of weeks before the prices will be slashed. I'll be getting my Christmas tree for so much less this weekend.
    I haven't purchased new decorations in years lol. And if you want a fake tree for next year, the next few days would def save you 💰!!

12-24-15 12:59 PM
    Congratulations to all those suckers who paid top dollar for a tv. I waited and am now picking up a fancy color tube tv for free!

Posted via CB10
    Lol, TVs are actually cheaper the months following Christmas, I saw that on CNN the other day!

12-24-15 01:00 PM
    I was hoping it'd be boxing day, but I guess I can hold on another two months.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 01:02 PM
    I just read that Chen confirmed the Priv will be getting a price drop towards the end of February! Congratulations to all those impatient customers that couldn't wait lmao! I shouted it from the hilltops weeks ago that this was going to happen. Now I can consider trying one out. Good job Chen!

What kind of price drop are we looking at? $20?, $50?, $100? Still worth getting it early if it falls within $100 price drop if someone simply needed a new phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 02:12 PM
    details on where you have seen this? thanks.
    12-24-15 05:39 PM
    What kind of price drop are we looking at? $20?, $50?, $100? Still worth getting it early if it falls within $100 price drop if someone simply needed a new phone.

Posted via CB10
    I'm rooting for the Priv, but I think if someone "needs" a phone the 1st version, glitchy Priv won't be their first choice. But if it drops $100+ then they might sway more people to purchase.

Coachbulldog likes this.
    12-24-15 05:41 PM
    details on where you have seen this? thanks.
    I was reading the cover stories on the Flipboard app on my Android tablet, and ran across the info. I will repost the link if I can find it again.

12-24-15 05:52 PM
    Early adopters always pay more than those that wait. Are we suckers? Maybe but we freely choose to buy the newest products knowing this. Some prefer to buy yesterday's news at a discounted price.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    12-24-15 10:57 PM
    In the mean time I already enjoyed it for 3 months and got used to the OS and keyboard.

Congrats though.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    paulbbp and outlooker like this.
    12-24-15 11:00 PM
    Not exactly what was said, but close enough.

Here is the exact quote from John Chen.

�In about Mobile World Congress time, we will see introduction of new technology from our competitors. We have maybe a midlife kicker coming in around that time, but I expect ourselves to have to reduce our price to be competitive.�
    12-25-15 09:50 AM
    Not exactly what was said, but close enough.

Here is the exact quote from John Chen.

�In about Mobile World Congress time, we will see introduction of new technology from our competitors. We have maybe a midlife kicker coming in around that time, but I expect ourselves to have to reduce our price to be competitive.�
    The report I read, he said the "Priv will get a price drop around Feb 22"

12-25-15 10:27 AM
    Here is a quote from the article and the link..

http://www.phonearena.com/news/John-...bruary_id76844

"During the conference call that followed the release of the earnings report, John Chen made a comment that should warm the hearts (and wallets) of potential Priv buyers. In response to a question posed by RBC Capital Markets analyst Paul Treiber about the pricing and margins expected from the Priv during its life cycle, Chen gave a response that clearly indicated that a price cut for the company's Android slider is on the way. In fact, the CEO even gave us a good idea when to expect BlackBerry to take a whack at the device's price tag.

According to Chen's response, we can expect the Priv to be cut in price around the time of the MWC show in Barcelona. The expo will be held from February 22nd to the 25th."

12-25-15 10:32 AM
    Let's hope it's a real price drop and not just a 50 dollar joke. For a phone this expensive I'm hoping they will drop it to 599 CAD from the wacko 799 or whatever it is but we can only hope.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 10:48 AM
    Let's hope it's a real price drop and not just a 50 dollar joke. For a phone this expensive I'm hoping they will drop it to 599 CAD from the wacko 799 or whatever it is but we can only hope.

Posted via CB10
    With the new phones set to release in Feb/March, I think Chen might realize it's going to take more than a $50 drop to lure people to the Priv. Hopefully..

12-25-15 11:16 AM
    I've been watching the Sony Z5 Premium I like on Amazon fall from 750 to 660 over the last month. As soon as it gets to 599.00 I'm going to grab it.

This is a slow and continuous drop in price where BlackBerry seems to stick with one price for a long time, lower it, stick with it again for a long time.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2876 / T-Mobile USA
    12-25-15 11:46 AM
    I've been watching the Sony Z5 Premium I like on Amazon fall from 750 to 660 over the last month. As soon as it gets to 599.00 I'm going to grab it.

This is a slow and continuous drop in price where BlackBerry seems to stick with one price for a long time, lower it, stick with it again for a long time.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2876 / T-Mobile USA
    Looks like they are not sticking with the current Priv price for long. A price drop within 3 months of release is a pretty quick price drop!

12-25-15 12:19 PM
    Price drop after three months!!???

Now I believe the ones who said that Priv only sold 50.000...

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 12:59 PM
    Price drop after three months!!???

Now I believe the ones who said that Priv only sold 50.000...

Posted via CB10
    Lol yup. But whether it was 50k sold or 500k sold, it's still "peanuts" in the grand scheme of things lol! Apple and Samsung sell 100k+ in a day.

12-25-15 01:32 PM
    With the new phones set to release in Feb/March, I think Chen might realize it's going to take more than a $50 drop to lure people to the Priv. Hopefully..

Definitely man. Especially because they are exhausting the blackberry loyal demand and the rest of the market won't pay that much

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 02:50 PM
    Hahaha F up BlackBerry department, every single time these make a same mistake over price
    And loose the market
    Never learn from mistake.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 05:12 PM
120 123 ...