I’m a budget guy for BBMo devices and was for BB as well due to company questionable stability. I paid full price on all my carrier hardware but always paid 30-50% of list for all my factory unlocked BB10 and BBAndroid hardware.

That being said, I bought the BE KEYone over the Key2 LE since one has Oreo at best and Pie is uncertain and was $100-$150 more.

If buying now, depending on price, either should be decent value. I’m also not capacitive PKB tolerant. All my devices that have the capacitive PKB have always bothered me on that feature.
    So... did you disable the touch gestures on both of your KEYone's, rendering them into overweight LE's with glossy keyboards lol?
    07-11-19 02:12 PM
    For your primary device... I would not choose an outdated Android Device. Each feature update has brought more security features and every patch... patches a vulnerability. Buying an old Android phone that is a few Updates behind just isn't something I'd do. Might be ok going a year without patches, but I wouldn't buy something now I'm going to use for years that's already outdated.

There are major "bad guys" out there today...
    07-11-19 02:28 PM
    So... did you disable the touch gestures on both of your KEYone's, rendering them into overweight LE's with glossy keyboards lol?
    No but I’m constantly swearing as I type and the capacitive features kick in...
    07-11-19 03:14 PM
    No but I’m constantly swearing as I type and the capacitive features kick in...
    Wait, how does it kick in if you disabled it?

Edit: nvm lol, you didn't
    07-11-19 04:19 PM
    I would stay away from the Priv and the dtek devices. The Keyone is still a decent buy though. Preferably the black edition with the 4gb of ram and 64gb of storage.
    the_boon and whitieiii like this.
    07-15-19 08:35 AM
    I would stay away from the Priv and the dtek devices. The Keyone is still a decent buy though. Preferably the black edition with the 4gb of ram and 64gb of storage.
    Yes, but even the Silver KEYone would still be miles better than the DTEKs and Priv in 2019.
    However the price difference between the Silver and Black has gotten so close that it's very worth it to pay the difference and get an extra gig of RAM and twice the storage.
    07-15-19 09:50 AM
    I used to own PRIV and I would not recommend. The issue with this phone is that it has screen with too high resolution for its own good. CPU just cannot handle it well and it gets hot all the time.

I never had Dtek but my next BlackBerry KEYone was way much better. Really good phone. I would just get 4gb version because 3gb was not big enough for multitasking.
    07-27-19 07:35 AM
    I used to own PRIV and I would not recommend. The issue with this phone is that it has screen with too high resolution for its own good. CPU just cannot handle it well and it gets hot all the time.

I never had Dtek but my next BlackBerry KEYone was way much better. Really good phone. I would just get 4gb version because 3gb was not big enough for multitasking.
    It's more that the CPU of the Priv absolutely sucks.

Even reducing the resolution to 1080 x 1920, the battery and performance gains aren't groundbreaking
    kvndoom likes this.
    07-28-19 01:54 AM
    I just retired the Priv for a K1 Black, and it's such a great upgrade. Comparing the two, the only notable downsides are a smaller screen and much lower speaker volume.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-30-19 07:18 AM
    I just retired the Priv for a K1 Black, and it's such a great upgrade. Comparing the two, the only notable downsides are a smaller screen and much lower speaker volume.
    Congratulations on the BE upgrade. I’ve enjoyed mine.
    07-30-19 07:41 AM
    Not just smaller, but also it's going from a Samsung-made AMOLED to a generic LCD...

But aside from that, it's most definitely a huge upgrade!
    07-30-19 09:58 PM
    Not just smaller, but also it's going from a Samsung-made AMOLED to a generic LCD...

But aside from that, it's most definitely a huge upgrade!
    True, the screen difference was jolting, but after a couple days my eyes adjusted and I don't notice it anymore.
    07-31-19 07:45 AM
37 12