11-14-16 06:38 AM
51 123
tools
    I have seen some video reviews about the BlackBerry Priv and some complaind about the build of the device. The back was flimsy and the phone didn't have a great design. When a phone is a flagship model it really have to have both great design and specifications because you pay a lot for those cell phones.
    Blackberry Priv didn't so I would not want one. I prefer a Blackberry Passport or a DTEK 60.
    10-31-16 08:52 AM
    At this time, unless you absolutely need the pkb, the Dtek 60 is the better buy. The Priv specs are par for course for a one year old phone, so that's no surprise there. I just purchased my Priv last month and I am very happy with it, the release of the Dtek 60 notwithstanding.

I'm not a gamer and I don't use power hungry apps so my Priv suits me just fine. I almost never use the pkb, but it's nice to have and use for those nostalgic moments.

I'd probably end up getting the Dtek 60 somewhere along the road when it's price drops some time next year.
    10-31-16 10:27 AM
    I'd want the DTEK for specs, but it's the Priv that screams BlackBerry!
    *Blackberryyyyyyyyyyy*

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 12:45 PM
    If u want a more blackberry feel then go for priv haha now if u want alcatel with a BlackBerry security feature on the side then go for dtek60 hahaha

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 09:04 PM
    I wouldn't go near the Priv. It was a first try device and compared to the DTEK60 it isn't worth your time. Poor build quality, poor speakers, crappy pkb, bad camera front and back. The DTEK60 is a much better buy.
    The Alcatel version with the BlackBerry suite is much cheaper. With a case on there is not much of a difference.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 06:57 AM
    Which one its better in specs?
    What design you like more ?
    In overall which one you pick?

Posted via CB10
    I have the Priv and use the PKB a lot. In terns of speed and processor, I have no complaints. And it is a unique and gorgeous designed phone. Love the PKB as a trackpad too. Accuracy is a must for me since I text a lot for work, as well as email. Will get the Dteks for my son when his Leap is done. Dtek looks like any other slab device out there.
    11-03-16 09:25 AM
    Though dtek60 is really really gud with those specs n the price point,,just compare the build quality of blackberry's all touch phones with dtek60 and you'll find the difference. Blackberry can never ever make a device like dtek60 on their own,, but I'd go for the priv, it's the last of a legendary brand. Just kinda tribute.

Keep Calm N Listen To Babbu Maan.
    11-03-16 10:01 AM
    "Priv or Dtek 60 for black Friday?"

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition.
    11-03-16 06:53 PM
    If you want the PKB you only have one choice. The DTEK60 has the better specs, but again...you don't get PKB unless you go PRIV. I didn't like the PRIV for the same reason I didn't like the DTEK50, Android...period. But like a sucker I am awaiting my DTEK60 thinking the experience will be better. Enjoy which ever you buy.
    11-03-16 07:39 PM
    None, get any other android device and download the hub if that matters to you.
    OP asked about the Priv or Dtek60.

Your answer is pointless.

Via Passport 
    11-05-16 07:32 PM
    DTEK60 For me, regardless of Black Friday deal or not.

Via Passport 
    11-05-16 07:32 PM
    If you like the pkb, Priv, if you like the Z10-Z30 legacy, the Dtek 60

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 07:54 PM
    But also, the pkb is touch sensitive like in the passport, battery life on Priv seems to be better than 60, fue to mah quantity, and we know that isn't about quantity, its about quality, but the Priv, at least for me, looks like a more atractive choice for someone migrating from BB10, the Dtek 60 is Just a Android more, i Should suggest getting a LG V20 wich looks like a Z10 in its Black version, a Huawei Mate 9 Porshe Edition, for its brutal specs but very pricey (Lets see if the EMUI improves this time), a S7 if you are Classic or a 128 gb pixel XL if you want something that Will be up to date in the software department (much like BlackBerry but very much faster), I could go on, but depending on your needings I could give a more acurate recomendation

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 07:59 PM
    I have both. Stated using PRIV a month ago, even though I had it for about 5 months. So now my passport se is on my desk for the purposes of BlackBerry blend

Got the dtek60 day one and it was delivered the day after the announcement

I haven't put my sim or SD in it yet, since I like to get my new device totally setup and run it Hotspot till I feel I'm comfortable to make the switch.

My one complaint so far, it the back Cera photos seems fuzzy to me.

I feel the priv is the same fuzziness inside in low light, but the priv actually takes clearer outdoor pics than the dtek60
    I think passport se had better indoor shots and maybe even outdoor too

But other than that, I feel the dtek60 is
    faster than the priv,
    I love the fingerprint scanner
    The screen seems nicer

I like the fact that the flip cover can be fully opened and wrapped around, and I am able to take photos without blocking any of the lens, the way the priv does and the passport flip case had no holes at all for the camera, so a pain in the *** for taking long one handed video, the flip case flaps in the wind and enters the video

Lighter than the priv

I didn't use the priv pkb, because it was too small coming from the passport SE (yes, I would buy a passpetSE running Android in a heartbeat, and pay $799 for it

I think about covers my dtek60 Vs priv comments
    11-05-16 08:03 PM
    I have both. Stated using PRIV a month ago, even though I had it for about 5 months. So now my passport se is on my desk for the purposes of BlackBerry blend

I haven't put my sim or SD in it yet, since I like to get my new device totally setup and run it Hotspot till I feel I'm comfortable to make the switch.

I feel the priv is the same fuzziness inside in low light, but the priv actually takes clearer outdoor pics than the dtek60

faster than the priv,
    The screen seems nicer

I like the fact that the flip cover can be fully opened and wrapped around, and I am able to take photos without blocking any of the lens, the way the priv does and the passport flip case had no holes at all for the camera, so a pain in the *** for taking long one handed video, the flip case flaps in the wind and enters the video

Lighter than the priv

I didn't use the priv pkb, because it was too small coming from the passport SE (yes, I would buy a passpetSE running Android in a heartbeat, and pay $799 for it

You bought an Android SE? Wow that is My dream Heh

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 08:55 PM
    I have the Priv and use the PKB a lot. In terns of speed and processor, I have no complaints. And it is a unique and gorgeous designed phone. Love the PKB as a trackpad too. Accuracy is a must for me since I text a lot for work, as well as email. Will get the Dteks for my son when his Leap is done. Dtek looks like any other slab device out there.
    Because - apart from the BlackBerry juice - they are... ^

:-)

•   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   •
    11-05-16 11:27 PM
    Personally I'd take the Priv just because of the PKB. Yes, the DTEK60 has more hardware power and most likely a better camera. On the contrary it has a slightly bigger screen combined with a noticeably smaller battery (3000mAH vs. 3410mAH) and I am not sure if the Snapdragon 820 is better for power consumption compared to the older 808.

For me, the DTEK60 is more or less just another ordinary full-touch Android device without anything which makes it stands out. Of course the monthly security updates are a huge plus for sure, but I have to say if I would be in the market for such a device, I'd spend my money elsewhere. The Priv on the other hand not only has a nicely sized screen but it also features a decent PKB. A completely unique combination. On the other hand, if you don't plan using the PKB at all, the choice is a no brainer...
    11-06-16 02:29 AM
    The PRIV has a Snapdragon 808 and 3GB RAM, the 808 was not even top end last year, the RAM is fine, but the SoC is dated.

The PRIV simply is not worth the time if you don't require a Physical Keyboard.
    Well the top last year was the 810. I don't know of a single successful phone built on the 810. The chip had major heat and battery life issues. Many high end phones last year used the 808. In real performance it would be hard to see the difference between the two chips.
    11-06-16 04:14 AM
    Well the top last year was the 810. I don't know of a single successful phone built on the 810. The chip had major heat and battery life issues. Many high end phones last year used the 808. In real performance it would be hard to see the difference between the two chips.
    The xperia Z5 line, Huawei phones whose names I donkt Remember right now, the Souped up Corea-only Note 4, and other devices, Sony and Huawei were the only people Who exploited the 810 without destroying the phone itself, They did weird tricks in the Day, but at least it worked flawlessly

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 05:21 AM
    The Google Nexus 6P ran the 810 very well, no idea how Huawei did it, but they tamed it in that phone, I guess what helped was the 6P's large build, may have helped to better dissipate the heat.
    11-06-16 07:56 AM
    The Google Nexus 6P ran the 810 very well, no idea how Huawei did it, but they tamed it in that phone, I guess what helped was the 6P's large build, may have helped to better dissipate the heat.
    Sony did with thermal paste like we do with desktop processors and heat dissipators (holes for heat to escape), Huawei Just make a deal with the devil lol

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 08:12 AM

faster than the priv,
    The screen seems nicer

Lighter than the priv

Thanks, I like your point of view, I just can't make my mind yet, I will wait for passport SE too hahaha.

In my country carriers dont have the priv I wish I have some priv to feel it on my hands. The edges on the screen are useful?
    The pkb its like what blackberry like a curve or a bold

The black friday dont arrive to shop blackberry yet.. I can wait one more week , I wish I have more money to support the company but its a traditional thing I change my phone in black friday. But the priv and dtek are almost the same in price. So price its no the problem, its the time I have a reminder of change my phone every time I open what app ( I know its a complete topic about this tread) so better than iphone ii will go android and will be blackberry, the update for bb10 never come and they don't do anything to convince that app to still with us. And I think thats its just the beginning... no wearables too
    Anyway thanks all the people for the help I will write what I get.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 02:54 AM
    Personally I'd take the Priv just because of the PKB. Yes, the DTEK60 has more hardware power and most likely a better camera. On the contrary it has a slightly bigger screen combined with a noticeably smaller battery (3000mAH vs. 3410mAH) and I am not sure if the Snapdragon 820 is better for power consumption compared to the older 808.

For me, the DTEK60 is more or less just another ordinary full-touch Android device without anything which makes it stands out. Of course the monthly security updates are a huge plus for sure, but I have to say if I would be in the market for such a device, I'd spend my money elsewhere. The Priv on the other hand not only has a nicely sized screen but it also features a decent PKB. A completely unique combination. On the other hand, if you don't plan using the PKB at all, the choice is a no brainer...
    Its a brainer...

I will go check again in the shop which one I like more, thanks for the specs explanation, one question the priv have the grip like z10 and z30.in the back since the dtek I see it like slippery device

Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 02:59 AM
    I was making my mind seeking in the shop blackberry, and just change the UX with more data about the phone its like more visual...

The back of the priv have the antinslip in the back cover? The dtek 60 looks easy to drop...

Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 03:13 AM
    AFAIK priv have the same material in its back (polycarbonate), and for me, it's more durable and more touch like than aluminium

Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 06:39 PM
51 123