I don't care for the Android OS, but I get why BlackBerry released the Priv running Android. But what about the future of this forum? As BB10 fades into the background is Crackberry becoming just another Android Central?

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    12-14-15 12:23 PM
    Answered this like a hundred times already so forgive the 'link drop'. :P

http://forums.crackberry.com/site-fe...ymore-1051990/

tl;dr

As you can tell from the site names, the lines of editorial coverage between the sites have always been pretty clear cut. CrackBerry covers BlackBerry. Android Central covers Android and Google stuff. iMore covers Apple. Windows Central covers Microsoft. Some topics overlap of course, like carrier news. With BlackBerry now releasing an Android phone, for the first time Mobile Nations has two sites that can be writing regularly about BlackBerry. And that's exactly what they are going to do. CrackBerry's ongoing goal is to be the #1 Site for BlackBerry Users (& Abusers!). Android Central's goal is to be the #1 Android Destination in the UNIVERSE. That means on both sites you'll be able to find BlackBerry Priv coverage and for CrackBerry, that means we're going to be telling how to get the best out of your Priv with a BlackBerry twist. Our BlackBerry 10 coverage hasn't stopped but let's be realistic here; there's not exactly a ton of BlackBerry 10 news happening either.
    12-14-15 12:34 PM
    Thanks for the heads up Bla 1ze. But I'm sure I'm not the only one on BB10 feeling a little like a stepchild these days

Posted via CB10
    schwede likes this.
    12-14-15 01:36 PM
    This will be a delicate dance.
    I wonder when (if ever) it will be that Priv owners on these forums start identifying more with the OS than with the hardware manufacturer.

The love between those who prefer a BlackBerry created OS on BlackBerry hardware versus those that prefer an Android OS on BlackBerry hardware.

"All BlackBerry" versus "mostly/partly BlackBerry" lol

Shall be an interesting 2016 on these forums.

Popcorn in hand lol

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2813 CB10 
    12-14-15 01:41 PM
    The priv is a BlackBerry whether you like it or not... and it's the latest BlackBerry device too. Would you expect crackberry to ignore the priv???
    CatDaddy likes this.
    12-14-15 01:54 PM
    The priv is a BlackBerry whether you like it or not... and it's the latest BlackBerry device too. Would you expect crackberry to ignore the priv???
    No I wouldn't. And I'm not knocking the Priv or CB.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 02:26 PM
    This will be a delicate dance.
    I wonder when (if ever) it will be that Priv owners on these forums start identifying more with the OS than with the hardware manufacturer.

The love between those who prefer a BlackBerry created OS on BlackBerry hardware versus those that prefer an Android OS on BlackBerry hardware.

"All BlackBerry" versus "mostly/partly BlackBerry" lol

Shall be an interesting 2016 on these forums.

Popcorn in hand lol

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2813 CB10 
    I would think that might happen quite naturally. It really is a new development and not the old Blackberry. Time for some new blood and new ideas.
    12-14-15 02:31 PM
    There are some HTC, Samsung and Moto forums...... Why a BlackBerry forum?

As far as I can tell, BlackBerry is the only one who tries to give you awesome productivity with all the amazing stuff they have come up for their own OS.

If they generate a launcher that provides Gestures, I would be mostly happy.... This way, I am in for the ride and enjoy what BlackBerry is creating without being too mixed into the Android, launcher and app story as in the other forums....

Here we only discuss this specific phone, instead of hearing how the Galaxy 6S edge with its "amazing" detachable PKB gets a higher score in Benchmarks............

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-14-15 02:38 PM