BlackBerry shuns promotion like Dracula shuns the light.

Even if by some magic BlackBerry delivered a solid promotional campaign for the Priv it wouldn't make a dent in sales as the BlackBerry brand is basically in the toilet. End-users will run a mile when they see just what a train wreck BlackBerry is despite how flashy and cool their products might look.

Chen's transformation of BlackBerry into an Android OEM will erode the company's reputation and earnings even further. What enterprise or prosumer will want to deal with a company that was committed to security and data protection and is now tossing all that away in a desperate attempt to remain relevant ? Their alliance with Google is akin to selling one's soul to the devil. Google is a despicable and treacherous entity that won't stop in its quest to collect and mine vast amount's private data from individuals and corporations. They need to be stopped - not supported.

Chen has allowed BlackBerry to be sodomized by US interests that want to see BlackBerry eradicated. He has a lot to answer for and if I was a shareholder in BB I would be screaming blue murder at the traitors who supposedly represent investors interests.
    You should write children's stories.

I was having a pretty good day until I read this post. Now I'm just depressed.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 08:42 PM
    BlackBerry shuns promotion like Dracula shuns the light.

Even if by some magic BlackBerry delivered a solid promotional campaign for the Priv it wouldn't make a dent in sales as the BlackBerry brand is basically in the toilet. End-users will run a mile when they see just what a train wreck BlackBerry is despite how flashy and cool their products might look.

Chen's transformation of BlackBerry into an Android OEM will erode the company's reputation and earnings even further. What enterprise or prosumer will want to deal with a company that was committed to security and data protection and is now tossing all that away in a desperate attempt to remain relevant ? Their alliance with Google is akin to selling one's soul to the devil. Google is a despicable and treacherous entity that won't stop in its quest to collect and mine vast amount's private data from individuals and corporations. They need to be stopped - not supported.

Chen has allowed BlackBerry to be sodomized by US interests that want to see BlackBerry eradicated. He has a lot to answer for and if I was a shareholder in BB I would be screaming blue murder at the traitors who supposedly represent investors interests.
    BlackBerry's reputation in the USA can not be any lower. They are at the bottom. Could stop making phones or sell the handset division or they could rebound to semi respectability.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 09:37 PM
    I'd rather not at this point. That interns graphic design is KILLING me as a graphic designer. Was this part of the BlackBerry wave of cuts?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 01:56 AM
    This ad was made by blackberry India with Vodafone in 2010. This became quite famous.
    May be something like this? Link below

Blackberry Classic | Circa 2015
    10-17-15 09:06 AM
    How about we wait till the phone is actually released and BlackBerry has attempted to market it before bashing the company and product!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 12:57 PM
    I would agree, if we hadn't been down this road before. And knowing your consumers and how to reach them with advertising in a highly competitive market, can be the difference between success and failure. And how many more failed market strategies does BlackBerry devices have left. Especially when entering into a market segment so full of devices the consumers are more familiar with, you have to make an immediate impact.
    Last edited by KNEBB; 10-17-15 at 02:16 PM.
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-17-15 01:45 PM
    I think advertising the Priv in a significant way would be a good value / $$ proposition. With app gap gone, getting word out is key.

Any thoughts? Anyone think this is a realistic possibility? I think commercials and adds in popular magazines / papers. The Economist, WSJ, NY Times, Wash Post, USA Today, etc and their international equivalents.

Posted via CB10
    I agree whole heartedly, it's the old cart before the horse thinking all over again.
    You spend money on manufacturing a device , without knowing your consumer and how best to reach them.
    And then you say; if you don't sell 5 million number of units, you're out of the device business. It's like you're trying to set yourself up to fail.

If you know how many units you have to sell to meet your goal, how is it you haven't thought of the best way to reach those sales figures.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by KNEBB; 10-17-15 at 02:44 PM.
    10-17-15 01:48 PM
    I hope to God it was done by an intern, it was horrendous

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 02:38 PM
    How about we wait till the phone is actually released and BlackBerry has attempted to market it before bashing the company and product!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Because we can already see that the same 1d10t1c, bull headed and arrogant mentality still exists in Waterloo.

They just keep making the same mistakes over and over and over and over again.

There are now only 8 Fridays left between now and Christmas. It is already too late to make a dent in this year's holiday sales.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 02:55 PM
    Because we can already see that the same 1d10t1c, bull headed and arrogant mentality still exists in Waterloo.

They just keep making the same mistakes over and over and over and over again.

There are now only 8 Fridays left between now and Christmas. It is already too late to make a dent in this year's holiday sales.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah because Christmas shoppers were really looking forward to buying privs....

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 03:38 PM
    Yeah because Christmas shoppers were really looking forward to buying privs....

Posted via CB10
    Chairman Chen... Is that you? You're pretty brilliant with such a defeatist mentality. It's been rumored you really wish to fail...

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 04:56 PM
    When I see the quality of the current marketing material I doubt there's a lot of budget around but we will see. At least there's a lot of positive attention around within the technology community, yet that won't be enough for great sales figures.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 05:44 PM
    I wonder how the carriers would secure this device for display? Traditionally I've seen the carriers just clamp down a phone but this one is a slider so I wonder how they'll do this. It would embarrassing if they clamped it down then nobody could slide out the keyboard
    10-17-15 05:46 PM
    I wonder how the carriers would secure this device for display? Traditionally I've seen the carriers just clamp down a phone but this one is a slider so I wonder how they'll do this. It would embarrassing if they clamped it down then nobody could slide out the keyboard
    Good point. When Z10/Z30 came out, there was this clamp wire going through middle of the screen at carriers. That made it nearly impossible to perform gestures!

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 05:50 PM
    BB should have done this 2 years ago but anyway, yep, advertise it, advertise it like crazy.

Make some GDN ads, and select websites such as Bloomberg, The Economist, Forbes, and target people who have been on Apple.com, Samsung.com, network etc...websites.

I'd love to do their digital strategy. Sooo much opportunity and at not a huge cost.

Sent from my GALAXY Note 4 via Tapatalk
    10-17-15 07:02 PM
    Good point. When Z10/Z30 came out, there was this clamp wire going through middle of the screen at carriers. That made it nearly impossible to perform gestures!

Posted via CB10
    Very good point, when I was looking at the passport and classic in my local carphone warehouse the classic was totally unusable because of the clamp so I played with the passport, which I wasn't even considering because I had thought it too big, I wanted the classic but couldn't get it to work so bought something else, fortunately it was the passport but it could easily been something else if I wasn't already sure I wanted a BlackBerry, if they do that with Priv it could be disastrous to sales to the casual buyer.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 05:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    Oh, yes... tell me about it. As long as the iButton works, hey! ;-)

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    10-18-15 04:29 PM
42 12