I'm just wondering why BlackBerry 10 doesn't have IPP for printing built into the OS?

Anyone have any input?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 12:15 AM
    Why not buy a hp with eprint than u just mail whatever you print and it prints

Posted via CB10
    mzceetee likes this.
    05-23-13 12:22 AM
    That's actually what I'm doing right now, but it definitely isn't as efficient as being able to print straight from the document.

It just seems odd that a phone used by so many businesses doesn't have this capability. Maybe with BES, it's possible? I think this is the only feature that I'm jealous the iPhone can do...as long as the printer has airport.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 12:29 AM
    Send hp an tweet about it, they need to make the app

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 01:13 AM
    I can see the difficulty in having to support a large number of printer drivers on a phone; the HP ePrint thing seems pretty efficient.
    05-23-13 02:17 AM
    It is NOT possible with BES. I was just talking to my BlackBerry rep today and expressed interest in this feature. He said he can see how it could be useful and would pass it along to development.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 10:03 PM
    Why print anything ever again? PrintToGo. Paperless World.

Posted via CB10
    irweezyy likes this.
    05-23-13 10:08 PM
    and on a bit of a tangent, and for Canon wifi printer owners...
    Sideload Canon EPP (easy photo print). It works nicely on the Z10. I can print/scan direct to/from my MG3200
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...inters-803414/
    05-24-13 09:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's not just about printing to paper. These apps have scanning features, from paper to file, as well. Therefore, we can rid ourselves of existing paper for your ideal paperless world...which doesn't exist
    05-24-13 09:45 AM
    I can see the difficulty in having to support a large number of printer drivers on a phone; the HP ePrint thing seems pretty efficient.
    For the most part, you could cover 90% of all laser printers just with a basic PCL driver. PCL is PCL no matter if it's HP, Ricoh, Canon, or Lexmark, etc. You may lose some of the advanced features of a device (user codes and the like) but for simple printing and such it could be done. Inkjets are different since most of them don't have a true controller or formatter and use the computer to spool and recompile the job for them (hence the bloated, memory intensive software most of those POS machines need).

There is PlayCloud10 that has built-in IPP support. I don't have a BB10 device yet, but from looking at the developer's posts here it looks like a lot of devices will work with it.
    05-24-13 02:00 PM
    Yes It would be wonderful if we can print with BlackBerry Z10 !

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 04:20 PM
    They could easily piggyback printers connected to your Link's remote access feature.
    05-25-13 12:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    The most ignorant comment I've ever read

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 04:00 AM
    For the most part, you could cover 90% of all laser printers just with a basic PCL driver. PCL is PCL no matter if it's HP, Ricoh, Canon, or Lexmark, etc.
    Sadly, as I've discovered (and paid for it), it's not true. The low-end lasers (and there are plenty out there!) are host-based, and don't support PCL (even the HP ones). Other brands have their own languages; Samsung, for example, has their own printer language, and doesn't support PCL.
    05-27-13 06:35 AM
    This is how I print from my Q10 -without any app - assuming u have a gmail account and use Google chrome

- go to Google Cloud Print in ur phone browser
    https://www.google.com/cloudprint/‎ Or go to settings on your desktop Chrome Browser

_ click on Google cloud print. Settings - it may ask u to log in with ur gmail account.
    - u can either add a Classic printer or a cloud printer.
    I have a simple laser jet hardwired to my office desktop pc so all I had to do was use my desktop browser n add the printer through the classic printer settings.
    - using the link. Above from my phone browser I den jus select the file I want to print by clicking the print button a file browser shows up u upload ur file n choose ur printer page layouts and other settings n it prints right away provided ur printer is online that's it. The printer setup is jus a one time thing u do and ur printers are saved to ur id.
    04-06-14 03:04 PM
    This is how I print from my Q10 -without any app - assuming u have a gmail account and use Google chrome

- go to Google Cloud Print in ur phone browser
    https://www.google.com/cloudprint/‎ Or go to settings on your desktop Chrome Browser

_ click on Google cloud print. Settings - it may ask u to log in with ur gmail account.
    - u can either add a Classic printer or a cloud printer.
    I have a simple laser jet hardwired to my office desktop pc so all I had to do was use my desktop browser n add the printer through the classic printer settings.
    - using the link. Above from my phone browser I den jus select the file I want to print by clicking the print button a file browser shows up u upload ur file n choose ur printer page layouts and other settings n it prints right away provided ur printer is online that's it. The printer setup is jus a one time thing u do and ur printers are saved to ur id.
    You have to select the file from your browser?

This is something I love about my Nexus 5. Right from the file you can cloud print. Very efficient as you don't have to go into an app or the browser. I hope I can do this on my Q10 soon.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-06-14 03:52 PM
    Dats right the native file browser opens n u can practically print from any source ur device or sd card havn't tried dis bt m assuming the box n one drive native folders will be accessible aswell.. as I said dis is from my q10.

Kristoff
    04-06-14 03:58 PM
    Samsung Android wifi driver works for me.. downloaded via snap..

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 04:02 PM
    Samsung Android wifi driver works for me.. downloaded via snap..

Posted via CB10
    Does that only print to Samsung printers?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-06-14 04:12 PM
    Don't know if this helps with the question but I use a program called "print"use only PlayBook and z10 and z30 works well

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 04:18 PM
    Qnx has a list of printer drivers here:
    http://www.qnx.com/developers/hardwa...rt/search.html

Not sure why it's not in bb10. Not qualified to speak to it.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 05:05 PM
    Might try a app called PrintHand.

Posted via CB10 via Z30
    pgg101 likes this.
    04-06-14 05:19 PM
    Many brands of printers have android apps for printing that can work. I use Brother's -- iPrint&Scan for my all in one wireless laser printer/scanner, but of course this is on my local network. It works flawlessly.
    04-06-14 05:29 PM
    Might try a app called PrintHand.

Posted via CB10 via Z30
    This works but you have to go into the app. If you're working on a document in Evernote, for instance, you have to leave Evernote, go into another call, find the document, and print. I want to be able to print right from the document in Evernote or wherever I'm working.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-06-14 05:39 PM
    This works but you have to go into the app. If you're working on a document in Evernote, for instance, you have to leave Evernote, go into another call, find the document, and print. I want to be able to print right from the document in Evernote or wherever I'm working.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    I simply click the More at bottom right of what I want to print in Evernote, select share and select PrintHand

Posted via CB10 via Z30
    04-06-14 06:15 PM
29 12