I'm using a Z10 and I want the Z3 just because it has better battery life. The Z10's is just... :/

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 12:56 AM
    It doesn't work that way though! Updates will still go through carriers irrespective of whether the devices are locked or not...BlackBerry needs to bypass the testing phase and release updates directly (like you said)...but for the time being, unlocked devices will only get updates when their carriers push them

Posted via CB10
    It is possible if the update does not modify the interaction with the radio stack in any way

Posted via CB on BB10
    04-05-14 01:08 AM
    Price really does matter. I have friends from android and iPhone waiting for the Z3 to be out.
    "Price matters" - does this statement really require any additional supporting evidence? Does the existence of those anecdotal friends add or deduct even an iota toward the veracity of that basic axiom of economics?
    04-05-14 07:10 AM
    Price really does matter. I have friends from android and iPhone waiting for the Z3 to be out.

From Zarafet my Z30.
    Are they not interested in the Z30 which can be purchased now?

Posted from my Z10 via CB
    04-05-14 07:33 AM
    Honestly, if the Z3 can use miracast and basically all the other features of BB10 like USB OTG and has an amazing battery. I can't see the screen being too much of a turn-off and the price will definitely attract people. Couple this with an Android market partnership and you could see a crazy boost in BlackBerry sales in Indonesia. Besides games or social network apps, the majority of apps people use on their phone have to deal with banks and local services. If BlackBerry can win back a few specific countries one at a time I can see them being successful. As an example, I'm in Canada and a great number of banks and restaurants already have an app for BB10 available, much more so than WP. As a Canadian user I'm perfectly happy with the apps available, but the situation would definitely be different in the states.

- Developer of PinGuin
    04-05-14 09:19 AM
    Z3 or Z10.. comparable prices now and each one has it is own advantages/disadvantages.. probably what will matter the most at the end is the preference for the screen size: 4ish vs 5ish inches. But you know what? It is all good as long as this allows BlackBerry to push BlackBerry 10 in more hands. They absolutely need to build a "critical mass" if they want to be again relevant in the market. 1.1 million device sold per quarter will not do the trick. Z3 at a competitive price and the heavily discounted Z10 (after the write off) can certainly help a LOT. Finally.. please start advertising the dang operative system an phones!! This is one of the best mobile OS out there, people just do not know its existence!! It has been said countless time. In the mind of the average consumer BlackBerry is still the old business phone with the hourglass that shows up every 2 minutes. I think this was the right message that needs to be spread: . Start creating a new ad campaign based on that idea: acknowledging the limitation of the old BlackBerry and showing the capabilities of a totally new mobile platform.
    Go BlackBerry!!!
    04-05-14 09:39 AM
    Get the z10. Switched our three android lines to z10s. The best smartphone I have ever used.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 10:25 AM
    Are they not interested in the Z30 which can be purchased now?

Posted from my Z10 via CB
    The Z3 will be much cheaper. Thus the premise of the post "Price matters."
    mediadavid likes this.
    04-06-14 02:16 PM
    Screw the Z3, I want the Z30 available on AT&T with their LTE bands supported.
    04-06-14 03:58 PM
34 12