The Blackberry Bold has been out for a few months. Any rumors of a price drop? Especially in the light of so many new models coming out in the diffferent series.

Last year the Curve came out in May but 6 months later was free with a 2 year contract in the US. Any thoughts?
    03-20-09 05:46 PM
    I just picked up 2 for $99 each with a 2 year renewal......so yeah, I would say there is one coming.....they tell you they are now $199, but if you haggle a bit you can get it for less.
    03-20-09 10:11 PM
    You recommitted for another 2 years and got them from $99?

Tell me how plz... I am coming up on my upgrade time.
    03-21-09 12:42 PM
    All I care about is the no-contract price being dropped..
    03-21-09 01:45 PM
    It is going to depend on a few factors....how long have you been with them, how much is your plan(can they make more off of you by giving you a discount on the phone vs. your contract for the next 2 years), you need to speak kindly to the initial rep you get and let them know that your coverage for EDGE in your area has dropped dramatically and you need a 3G blackberry Bold for work and coverage for calls. Also let them know that you have heard they are dropping the 2G network in favor of 3G and are putting out a new "booster" for residential customers to boost their signal in the next month or two, so you know they are dropping EDGE coverage WAY down.

They will have this in their system that this new booster is coming out. They will most likely say they have to go talk to a supervisor and come back with a $199 price for you. Let them know you have gotten offers from other carriers for a free Blackberry and same service for less with better coverage in your area.

After this they will probably say that is the best they can do....ask to speak to the supervisor and explain the same thing to them and keep going up the chain until you get someone that gives you what you want.

Again...a lot of it will be based on how long you have been with them and how much you spend. If you have only been there for 2 years and have the cheapest plan available they will most likely send you almost straight to customer retention to try to talk you down and then ask when you want them to cancel your service.

Hope that helps!

You recommitted for another 2 years and got them from $99?

Tell me how plz... I am coming up on my upgrade time.
    03-21-09 11:51 PM
    Must be nice...They don't haggle that much in my area...
    03-22-09 08:54 AM
    I just picked up 2 for $99 each with a 2 year renewal......so yeah, I would say there is one coming.....they tell you they are now $199, but if you haggle a bit you can get it for less.
    pretty good pretty good
    03-22-09 09:04 AM
    probably wont drop till a new bb for att comes out
    03-22-09 11:00 AM
    You can generally get the best deals on the phone, as someone else said just work your way up the ladder.
    03-22-09 12:23 PM
    It is going to depend on a few factors....how long have you been with them, how much is your plan(can they make more off of you by giving you a discount on the phone vs. your contract for the next 2 years), you need to speak kindly to the initial rep you get and let them know that your coverage for EDGE in your area has dropped dramatically and you need a 3G blackberry Bold for work and coverage for calls. Also let them know that you have heard they are dropping the 2G network in favor of 3G and are putting out a new "booster" for residential customers to boost their signal in the next month or two, so you know they are dropping EDGE coverage WAY down.

They will have this in their system that this new booster is coming out. They will most likely say they have to go talk to a supervisor and come back with a $199 price for you. Let them know you have gotten offers from other carriers for a free Blackberry and same service for less with better coverage in your area.

After this they will probably say that is the best they can do....ask to speak to the supervisor and explain the same thing to them and keep going up the chain until you get someone that gives you what you want.

Again...a lot of it will be based on how long you have been with them and how much you spend. If you have only been there for 2 years and have the cheapest plan available they will most likely send you almost straight to customer retention to try to talk you down and then ask when you want them to cancel your service.

Hope that helps!
    Pretty good strategy... yea I dont plan on dropping ATT but it is a possibility I mean I have no problems with them but again I live 20 minutes outside NYC so I dont have a problem with coverage like most other people might. But they do seem to have the best phones most of the time.
    03-22-09 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD