Hi All,
    Since this would affect many models of Blackberry, I'm posting it here.
    I always keep my blackberry locked when it is in my pocket to prevent accidental key presses. However, even when it is locked, when an inbound phone call comes in it auto-unlocks itself enabling you to press the call button or trackpad button to answer it instantly. While this is a reasonable process most of the time, I'm finding that when my blackberry is in my pocket it is sometimes answering these inbound phone calls by accidental pressing of the call or trackpad button without my knowledge.
    So the caller can essentially listen to whatever I'm doing if they were so nosy.

Also, after the fact, I have no knowledge that the call even took place since my blackberry won't show a Missed Call.

So my questions are:
    #1 Is there a setting that will help avoid the susceptibility of accidental pocket answering? (i.e. enter password to unlock first, or enter password before being able to answer call, etc)
    #2 If no to #1, is there a 3rd party app that could help?
    #3 If no to #2, is there a way I can put my blackberry in a mode that will auto-send incoming calls to voicemail and show as a missed call?

Thanks!
    10-19-11 12:25 AM
    Passwordlock it, problem solved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-11 01:18 AM
    Press the hold button to lock the screen and require a password to unlock it.
    10-19-11 05:57 AM
    Press the "a" button for a few second and there you have it!

10-19-11 06:25 AM
    Press the "a" button for a few second and there you have it!

^ this, I have never once pocket dialed with any of my Curves I've owned.
    10-19-11 06:31 AM
    You guys don't get it, if you use a headset and your phone is in your pocket, or if a call comes in and you ignore it or miss it while your phone is in your pocket, it will not lock the keyboard back if it was locked before the call came in. The only way to insure accidental calls are made is to password lock it then after the call comes in the phone goes back to being locked so no accidental presses are possible.

10-19-11 07:04 AM
    Hi All,
    Thanks for your replies, however my question above is how to prevent against accidental pocket phone call ANSWERING ... not accidental pocket phone call DIALING.
    As I mentioned in my original post, I keep my phone locked at all times (with a password too). However, when an incoming call comes in, my blackberry automatically unlocks itself allowing me to accidentally press the Call button while in my pocket to answer the call.
    That cannot be prevented by keyboard lock or by password lock.

Any other solutions for my questions #1-#3 above?
    10-19-11 12:45 PM
    Call Control has a feature that will block all incoming calls. Not sure if that is what you are looking for.
    10-19-11 01:03 PM
    Hi All,
    Thanks for your replies, however my question above is how to prevent against accidental pocket phone call ANSWERING ... not accidental pocket phone call DIALING.
    As I mentioned in my original post, I keep my phone locked at all times (with a password too). However, when an incoming call comes in, my blackberry automatically unlocks itself allowing me to accidentally press the Call button while in my pocket to answer the call.
    That cannot be prevented by keyboard lock or by password lock.

Any other solutions for my questions #1-#3 above?
    Yes, use the holster or pouch, the magnet disables any button press.

JR A likes this.
    10-19-11 01:35 PM
    08-23-16 07:29 AM
    6 year old thread your answering to.

Posted via CB10
    paulwallace1234 likes this.
    08-23-16 10:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha, better late than never.
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    08-23-16 04:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Too bad that APK doesn't work on BBOS.
    08-23-16 05:26 PM
    Case.

Case closed... :-D

  "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "  
    08-25-16 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD