To tell you the truth, I agree with him. I don't think that the OS is boring. The depth and the transitions make it look smooth looking. It makes me feel like I'm carrying a device with the most secured OS around due to it having ECC encryption. Making it look anything like iOS takes away that feeling even though I would like to see parallax added since it already has the depth. I think BB10 would look a whole lot better than iOS with parallax. But for anyone who wants a pretty OS can get an iPhone. I rather have mine look mature, secure and like something James Bond would use. BlackBerry's OS has the perfect combo of flat and realistic designs. To me, BB10 is beautiful but I can say I want some new themes and customization choices.

Posted via CB10
    Oh cut me the BS! Look at the ghastly gradient behind the icons that stops you from being able to use bright or white colored backgrounds... you are mature yet your choices are based on "would James Bond use this"?

"I want some new themes and customization choices "... yet my original post talked about customization.. gather your thoughts before disagreeing please.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 09:21 AM
    Oh cut me the BS! Look at the ghastly gradient behind the icons that stops you from being able to use bright or white colored backgrounds... you are mature yet your choices are based on "would James Bond use this"?

"I want some new themes and customization choices "... yet my original post talked about customization.. gather your thoughts before disagreeing please.

Posted via CB10
    Ok fool. Let me dumb it down it a little. I don't want them to change the icons. Leave it the way they are just add customizable features. Actually forget the customization. Keep it as is. The way BB10 is made to look isn't meant for the consumers who wants toys like the iPhone to play with. I wouldn't think business people would even want BlackBerry to change its UI. When I made the analogy of James Bond I was talking about how the OS makes the devices look secure and so militant. The OS keeps it's mature looking. There can be some added functions but the icons and gradients in BB10 are perfection. You may not think so but I do.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 10:11 AM
    I don't think people are as easily fooled anymore, besides, you know better, you know animations distract your attention from lag, so why would you want it?
    if they can make the device performent *AND* have the animations, why not?
    02-24-14 10:38 AM
    if they can make the device performent *AND* have the animations, why not?
    Because if things were instant there wouldn't be a need for animations, unless you want them to put in a slight delay just so they could fit in the animations for your viewing pleasure

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-24-14 10:46 AM
    Ok fool. Let me dumb it down it a little. I don't want them to change the icons. Leave it the way they are just add customizable features. Actually forget the customization. Keep it as is. The way BB10 is made to look isn't meant for the consumers who wants toys like the iPhone to play with. I wouldn't think business people would even want BlackBerry to change its UI. When I made the analogy of James Bond I was talking about how the OS makes the devices look secure and so militant. The OS keeps it's mature looking. There can be some added functions but the icons and gradients in BB10 are perfection. You may not think so but I do.

Posted via CB10
    And what makes you any more right than I am? It's a phone.. the icons on your phone don't describe what type of a person you are. I'm not a business person, I'm a hopeful med school student and I want something awesome. For all I hated apple, it does almost as much as bb10, maybe less well sometimes or less intuitive but it gets the job done regardless. I'm not paying dough for a phone where all I sit there is stare up at the icon and reflect on how much it makes me feel mature.. might wanna look up to something else for your self esteem fool!

Posted via CB10
    SmileDahling likes this.
    02-24-14 11:25 AM
    If you want a pretty and thin OS the get an Iphone

Posted via CB10
    Mmm. No.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 02:01 PM
    What would you guys prefer a prettier looking OS or better features?... yuup that's what I thought

Posted via CB10
    Soo....you can't have both?

Ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 02:03 PM
    I don't think people are as easily fooled anymore, besides, you know better, you know animations distract your attention from lag, so why would you want it?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums

People arn't easily fooled anymore? didnt people buy an app for iOS7 that said it would make their phone "waterproof" - Just saying
    02-24-14 02:15 PM
    I dont see why not, the offered themes for BBOS didnt they?

Sure some dont want it, others wouldn't mind it- no harm no foul, just have the option like always.
    02-24-14 02:17 PM
    I agree, the OS, especially the icons seem a little old, and not in a good way

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 07:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thank you thank you thank you!

At least we have one guy that knows what he's talking about!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 12:16 AM
    I can see how and where they can implement a complete theme launcher without disturbing the major details of the BlackBerry 10 user experience. But are we talking about that (as in how) or are we talking about merits of allowing a theme maker to happen or not?
    02-25-14 03:35 AM
    I look forward to then sprucing up the OS. I'd love to see more TAT influence and customization options. Nothing necessarily on the level of android but still more.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 09:19 AM
    Yes.. opening screen with a set of interactive Boobs. They jiggle and tell the % when you touch them! !
    I do really like your idea about some TiT influence... Oh wait, did I read that right?

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    02-25-14 11:18 AM
    I'd like more color in the OS or at least an option for color. I like in iOS7 that when you see red, it means "Trash" or "Delete". I'd like the "Delete ?" dialog box to be shrunk some, just seems so large. I can delete emails way faster in iOS7 than BB10. Yes, I delete email.
    02-25-14 12:07 PM
    Yes.. opening screen with a set of interactive Boobs. They jiggle and tell the % when you touch them! !
    I do really like your idea about some TiT influence... Oh wait, did I read that right?

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    Lol I see what you did there

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 02:17 PM
41 12