I'd love to see maybe 2-3 font type for the OS. I want something thinner, just slightly more than what the OS currently uses. But I'm just really over grasping..what I really am craving is a leak (:

Posted via CB10
    eldricho likes this.
    02-23-14 09:40 PM
    Lol.. no leak? Let's just make other demands. I like your style.
    02-23-14 09:43 PM
    I do know that Slate Pro exists in a few variants, maybe they can open that up.
    02-23-14 09:43 PM
    They really need to modernize the look of the OS IMO. New icons, better animations, less gradients, etc. It still carries way too many design cues from the old BBOS days.

That or just give us themes!
    Last edited by mikeo007; 02-23-14 at 10:04 PM.
    02-23-14 09:46 PM
    Full landscape

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    02-23-14 11:02 PM
    I'd love to see maybe 2-3 font type for the OS. I want something thinner, just slightly more than what the OS currently uses. But I'm just really over grasping..what I really am craving is a leak (:

Posted via CB10
    If you want a pretty and thin OS the get an Iphone

Posted via CB10
    bbq10l likes this.
    02-24-14 12:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well that's not a very good suggestion imo. No one should have to get an iPhone for a nice looking OS. BlackBerry 10 is amazing but it does look a little bit boring. I think the hardware is beautiful it's just the OS that needs some beautification tweaks here and there. That's just me thinking aloud.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 12:47 AM
    The font chosen for BlackBerry OS 10 is one of its strengths from a usability perspective. I'm not sure what the OP means by a thinner font.

As for updates to BlackBerry is likely constrained by the wireless carriers in terms of frequency. If BlackBerry would by-pass the carriers we could conceivably receive nightly updates.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    02-24-14 12:56 AM
    I just feel like we could really use an icon layout similar to the iPhone, where every single icon has the same look and feel. It looks prettier.
    02-24-14 01:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    I didn't say thin OS, I said thinner font..mate I'm a huge bb10 fan but not even sure how the iPhone would have met my demand. Stop being so uptight

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 01:06 AM
    Full landscape

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    This

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 01:06 AM
    The font chosen for BlackBerry OS 10 is one of its strengths from a usability perspective. I'm not sure what the OP means by a thinner font.

As for updates to BlackBerry is likely constrained by the wireless carriers in terms of frequency. If BlackBerry would by-pass the carriers we could conceivably receive nightly updates.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    I mean just slightly thinner fonts.... especially on my standby mode. also they have the option to reduce the font size which I did to 6, but I'd love to have 2-3 fonts there to switch to. Just a tad bit of customization

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 01:07 AM
    I just feel like we could really use an icon layout similar to the iPhone, where every single icon has the same look and feel. It looks prettier.
    Yea I don't want it to look amateurish like ios7, but the icons are indeed a bit boring. I want more "transition effects ", colorful icons and best of all, imagine if you could set backgrounds for the hub (:

Posted via CB10
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    02-24-14 01:09 AM
    I didn't say thin OS, I said thinner font..mate I'm a huge bb10 fan but not even sure how the iPhone would have met my demand. Stop being so uptight

Posted via CB10
    Okay my apologies hahaha

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 01:17 AM
    Toss in a black theme for the hub and it's on
    02-24-14 01:33 AM
    What would you guys prefer a prettier looking OS or better features?... yuup that's what I thought

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 02:05 AM
    Yea I don't want it to look amateurish like ios7, but the icons are indeed a bit boring. I want more "transition effects ", colorful icons and best of all, imagine if you could set backgrounds for the hub (:

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, let's waste processing power and battery on cosmetics, that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-24-14 02:47 AM
    Well that's not a very good suggestion imo. No one should have to get an iPhone for a nice looking OS. BlackBerry 10 is amazing but it does look a little bit boring. I think the hardware is beautiful it's just the OS that needs some beautification tweaks here and there. That's just me thinking aloud.

Posted via CB10
    To tell you the truth, I agree with him. I don't think that the OS is boring. The depth and the transitions make it look smooth looking. It makes me feel like I'm carrying a device with the most secured OS around due to it having ECC encryption. Making it look anything like iOS takes away that feeling even though I would like to see parallax added since it already has the depth. I think BB10 would look a whole lot better than iOS with parallax. But for anyone who wants a pretty OS can get an iPhone. I rather have mine look mature, secure and like something James Bond would use. BlackBerry's OS has the perfect combo of flat and realistic designs. To me, BB10 is beautiful but I can say I want some new themes and customization choices.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 02:57 AM
    Sorry. I think Jelly Bean or even windows phone looks more beautiful than IOS. IOS 6 was pretty but not 7.

Posted via CB10
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    02-24-14 03:48 AM
    Either way you're all just a bunch of grown men talking about pretty things lol

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 04:31 AM
    Don't we have BlackBerry innovation centre to have that kind of discussion? I mean, at the very least, BlackBerry owns that place, not here.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    02-24-14 04:34 AM
    Either way you're all just a bunch of grown men talking about pretty things lol

Posted via CB10
    Hey i've got a daughter who is 7, so that gives me license to talk about "pretty" things, right...right?
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    02-24-14 06:16 AM
    That's assuming you find iOS 7 pretty. To be honest, I find it completely garish and surprisingly ugly for Apple. I've always thought they made beautiful hardware and software, but I hate looking at the pastal gradiants on my iPhone and iPad. Shoot me, but I find Windows Phone nicer looking :-D

Among my iOS using friends (small sample), I find the reaction to how iOS7 looks to be quite polarizing. People either love it or think it's **** ugly. Prior OS releases definitely didn't have that divide.

I do like the suggestion of better animations. Always find those little animation touches in Apple's desktop and mobile devices make people smile. BlackBerry 10 tends to use them much more sparingly.
    02-24-14 06:21 AM
    Yeah, let's waste processing power and battery on cosmetics, that makes sense.
    It did a lot for the iPhone ...
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    02-24-14 06:22 AM
    It did a lot for the iPhone ...
    I don't think people are as easily fooled anymore, besides, you know better, you know animations distract your attention from lag, so why would you want it?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-24-14 06:27 AM
41 12