I Haven't been around the forums much , mainly due to the lack of news on the crackberry front. No new editorials and such. But it seems as the active CB community has been getting smaller and quieter. I understand why. It's just sad to see this community fade. For many of us it's been a decade + being connected through this channel. Some of us have made friends even from their forum connections. Anyways. My post really doesn't have much substance or reason. No questions. No hand drawn concepts like I have in the past. No ideas. And I'm left wonder if there will be anything else for this community. Anyways take care CB faithful.

Spantch101
    (Shane Anderson)
    05-26-20 08:26 AM
    It is what it is.....

There will still be people that need help with BlackBerry devices for years to come... but it will be fewer and fewer.

Hard to write a "new" story about BlackBerry at this point. And it's not like folks here really care about what the company is doing these days.
    ppeters914 and Byrese like this.
    05-26-20 09:00 AM
    It is a shrinking community and with no future devices on the horizon, as others have stated, will continue to get smaller. I have been on the forums since the early days.

Even I have found fewer and fewer folks using the Blackberry brand anymore. I still have my Key2 and know a few dedicated folks still using them, but as support drys up and updates become fewer. I see them moving on and I can’t blame them.

For myself, I have made many friends on the CB forums and will continue to post and provide information for those who ask for it. The CB forums are not just about Blackberry to me, it’s a place to communicate with long time friends.

I split my time between the Crackberry and iMore forums and still enjoy posting threads and I am still active in a couple of long running BBM groups.

I am here for the long haul and understand why some folks have moved on and it’s just the way it is and I have learned to just roll with it.
    Laura Knotek and rarsen like this.
    05-26-20 05:12 PM
    And it's not like folks here really care about what the company is doing these days.
    Exactly.

BlackBerry Ltd. will live on and continue making enterprise-focused products, but they are finished with smartphones, and the folks here mostly only care about the smartphones. Understandably so, of course, but that means there's little enthusiasm for BB products that secure B2B IoT products or for products like BB Radar, and stuff like that is the only news that there's really going to be going forward, aside from official "End of..." announcements as smartphone-based support and services are shut down.
    rarsen and John Albert like this.
    05-26-20 05:15 PM
    Or someone will call for an online petition to restart OS 10......LOL
    A Noise Annoys likes this.
    05-27-20 09:22 AM
    Since Blackberry has closed shop with smart phones, there can be no more " I heard a guy tell a guy stories". That became the backbone of chat rooms.
    05-27-20 09:23 AM
    Since Blackberry has closed shop with smart phones, there can be no more " I heard a guy tell a guy stories". That became the backbone of chat rooms.
    Those can still happen, they'll just be less likely to be true than ever before.
    gebco, Laura Knotek and rarsen like this.
    05-27-20 03:04 PM
    I'm a member of another forum where the product line ended and interaction dwindled. But the forum is still running as people use it for troubleshooting advice. However the platform has not been kept up to date and was hacked with usernames and pw being stolen. pretty sure this site is far off from that, for now.
    05-27-20 03:17 PM
    I'm a member of another forum where the product line ended and interaction dwindled. But the forum is still running as people use it for troubleshooting advice. However the platform has not been kept up to date and was hacked with usernames and pw being stolen. pretty sure this site is far off from that, for now.
    Reason you don't use the same passwords on different sites....

Chrome had an update a while back that reminded me I should be doing it and showed me just how often I do it. And I went through and changed most the key ones, along with the main passwords to my email accounts. I made the changes using Apple's Password manager and let it pick those ridiculous passwords and then logged into those sites on Chrome so it would keep them as well.

I suspect Mobile Nations will keep all the forums on the same engine so dates will happen to older sites like WebOS Nation and CrackBerry along with iMore and Android Central.
    bakron1, Laura Knotek and gebco like this.
    05-27-20 03:46 PM
    I suspect Mobile Nations will keep all the forums on the same engine so dates will happen to older sites like WebOS Nation and CrackBerry along with iMore and Android Central.
    Yup. All of our communities will be moving to a new system in the near future. It has been in the works for a while now.
    bakron1, Laura Knotek and rarsen like this.
    05-27-20 04:08 PM
    You Mean the heard a guy info was fake?..................................LOL
    05-27-20 06:23 PM
    You Mean the heard a guy info was fake?..................................LOL
    I know that guy ......... ;-)
    05-27-20 08:31 PM
    A long time ago (when the earth was green) I was doing blogcast videos, and articles etc.
    Sadly there became less and less to discuss or write about (for me).
    For that and other reasons I opted out of the scene. Sure had fun though. And I remain a BB lover.
    What's next? Not sure yet.
    Laura Knotek and rarsen like this.
    05-27-20 08:40 PM
    I come here daily and check in. Still using my Key2 Red Edition - and will until I can't anymore. I changed companies and so far, no issues using this device.

I enjoy seeing the Q and A stuff from users and the support they get from others in the community here.

But yes, even those posts have slowed down I guess from attrition as users move on to other brands.

It's a shame.
    mikeath likes this.
    05-28-20 01:10 PM
    I come here daily and check in. Still using my Key2 Red Edition - and will until I can't anymore. I changed companies and so far, no issues using this device.

I enjoy seeing the Q and A stuff from users and the support they get from others in the community here.

But yes, even those posts have slowed down I guess from attrition as users move on to other brands.

It's a shame.
    Ditto. I check in once day which is a lot less than before. It is what it is though. And I am becoming increasingly frustrated with my K1 which doesn't help.
    bakron1 and BeautyEh like this.
    05-28-20 01:44 PM
    We have two K1 in our house but that will soon be no more. My wife's fingerprint reader is toast and the battery on both barely hold a charge. They're limping along until this Fall when I upgrade and we all have to change our family plan.

Ditto. I check in once day which is a lot less than before. It is what it is though. And I am becoming increasingly frustrated with my K1 which doesn't help.
    05-28-20 04:53 PM
    We have two K1 in our house but that will soon be no more. My wife's fingerprint reader is toast and the battery on both barely hold a charge. They're limping along until this Fall when I upgrade and we all have to change our family plan.
    Mine is so slow and cannot run more than one app at a time. It drives me nuts.
    05-28-20 05:27 PM
    Mine is so slow and cannot run more than one app at a time. It drives me nuts.
    Have you cleaned out the app caches, done a 32 second reboot etc lately?
    05-28-20 05:41 PM
    Have you cleaned out the app caches, done a 32 second reboot etc lately?
    All the time. I am stuck on Nougat because I have the cdma version on Verizon. I wiped and reloaded over a year ago, but it lasted for about a month before things slowed again.
    05-28-20 06:26 PM
    All the time. I am stuck on Nougat because I have the cdma version on Verizon. I wiped and reloaded over a year ago, but it lasted for about a month before things slowed again.
    You must run half the state of Texas on your phone
    Good luck on whatever you decide to get next...

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    05-28-20 07:36 PM
    Whatever happened to CrackBerry Kevin?
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    05-28-20 10:34 PM
    Whatever happened to CrackBerry Kevin?
    With the failure of BB10, and with it the effective failure of BB's smartphone business, Kevin took a promotion within Mobile Nations to focus on the family of sites as a whole. It was the smart move - you can see what has ultimately befallen BB's handset business, and if he was still "Mr. BlackBerry" as he was, he wouldn't be very relevant today (no offense meant, Bla1ze!), whereas he has more relevance dealing with other parts of the business.

He did show up around the launch of the K1 - TCL put some marketing money into that for a little while - but that was 3 years ago already.
    05-29-20 12:15 AM
    I have a feeling its going to heat up soon. Blackberry...all devices are awesome. Curve, Storm....yea I could use that...pearl, used that too. Bold, Passport, Z10, Leap and Classics.... and I still got most of them....if you want them to replace yours. On the other hand, these auto updates, from Windows, Droids are sketchy and I don't trust what you can't choose. Lately it seems things are being updated. settings altered ie: turned on (mic, bluetooth, lbs, and MORE) Privacy, your choice, transparency and especially your data is important and valuable. I like that we at least for now can customize our BB's....Anyone test that BB World 10 upgrade to confirm its not a Trojan...? Take care, Be safe, Be curious always.
    05-29-20 12:37 AM
    Likewise checking in daily and still on my Key2 with no intention of changing. For how long, who knows.

Today I upgraded my wife's phone from a Samsung S7 to a S10e and the differences are more and more pronounced. Android 10 is very slick... love the system wide dark mode... and you can remap Bixby to Hub. Better camera, wireless charging, IP67 etc... Tempting...

But then I'm all thumbs and hate typing on glass... what can you do!
    05-29-20 04:24 PM
    I have a feeling its going to heat up soon. Blackberry...all devices are awesome.
    Hmmmm.
    05-29-20 04:39 PM
86 123 ...