"What's the point of having BBM on your iPhone? You have an iPhone for a reason! "

"If you have BBM please refrain from speaking to me"

"What's the point of BBM?"

"I don't have BBM because I'm not 13"

Jesus. I weep for the younger generations

Posted via CB from my BlackBerry Z30

Ignorance is bad..
    10-23-13 09:14 AM
    I'm failing to see the ignorance. People will continue to ask the same question until the utility of BBM answers the question for them. As of right now I personally feel the same way.

Add voice, video, screen sharing, channels etc and the question will be answered.

The fact is, as it stands right now, we are able to communicate with whomever we chose by one means or another. It's up to BB to place BBM in a position where users WANT that communication to take place over BBM, thats a tough sell and will require a pretty big jump over what is already available, preloaded & integrated, or currently adopted (ie: Whatsapp).

Remember, most people don't like change, BB have to make them WANT to change. They have an uphill battle on iOS as Apple will never allow the kind of integration with the OS that i'd like to see so taking me away from iMessage will require something indispensable that iMessage doesn't offer.

I also expect iMessageX within 6 months, if that happens we know it'll be big.

There is also the risk that they released BBM with a very limited feature set that brings nothing new to the end user, that the end user uninstalls it and ignores future developments simply because their initial experience wasn't memorable, and we know BB aren't going to market this in any way to try to keep them interested until new feature are added. There's not even a mention of any "coming soon" features in their iOS appstore description.

Old link, but telling none the less http://techcrunch.com/2009/02/19/pin...-than-30-days/

"By 30 days out, less than 5 percent are using the app."

It's up to BB to keep users engaged and offer value/utility that the competition doesn't. The potential is there, it could be huge and, unfortunately, BBRY are perfectly capable of f'ing that up.

Ignorance is bad..
    Last edited by xandermac; 10-23-13 at 10:06 AM.
    10-23-13 09:21 AM
    *sigh* I'm not sure if our phones are getting smarter or the users are getting dumber each day. I'm very disappointed that such predicament exists.

Z10 | Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1791 | Globe PH
    KemKev likes this.
    10-23-13 09:22 AM
    People on twitter are pretentious period....

Hey mobile nations wheres my imore, android central, and windows phone central app??? doimg a podcast together isnt good enough...
    10-23-13 09:59 AM
    Those are trolls!
    Commenting about BlackBerry just to get some retweets lol
    This is very true. I too was searching "bbm blackberry" on twitter, and some of the negative comments are downright nasty. There is a huge amount of realtime activity if you search on that.

Some spiteful gems (many of which have retweets/favorite from like-minded thinkers):

jods✌️ ‏@jodiekershaw14 45s
    The reason I got rid of my blackberry is to no longer have BBM why the **** would I want to download it on my iPhone ✋

Britttany Schaffer ‏@blondie_brit7 8m
    I threw away bbm when I threw away my blackberry #stupidapp #noreadreceiptFTW

KingAmir ‏@kingamir 15m
    Sending BBM's from my iPhone 5s to my Blackberry using friends is how I remind them that they're poor.

Bubbles Paraiso ‏@bubblesparaiso 7h
    Why did BBM for iphone/android only become available now when no one uses blackberry anymore? #businesstactics

Scott Jolly ‏@ScottJolly_ 9h
    Why the sudden bbm hype. Who even has a blackberry anymore

Danny Trinh ‏@dtrinh 18h
    Blackberry really nailed translating how dated their devices are into the BBM iOS app.

Kevin Raine ‏@makeitraine11 19h
    Idk about you, but I chose Iphone over blackberry for many reasons, including the fact that I was over bbm. #sittingThisOneOut #textMe

But there's many positive ones also - here's just a few:

Valerie Monsen ‏@ValerieMonsen 1m
    I just want bbm because I never had a blackberry and I need to fulfill my middle school dream

mcb. ‏@mcbasquiat 17h
    i was a heavy blackberry user before i got an iphone, might have to download that bbm app so i dont forget where i came from.

Scott Gates ‏@ScottGatesIC 19h
    absolutely loving that #BBM is available for everyone now..finally everyone can join me on my #blackberry

And not to lose a beat, Globe & Mail is right in there:

The Globe and Mail ‏@globeandmail 3h
    BlackBerry bemoans apparently fake stellar reviews for BBM on Android BlackBerry bemoans apparently fake stellar reviews for BBM on Android - The Globe and Mail From @GlobeBusiness

Anyway, check out that twitter search for yourself at https://twitter.com/search?q=bbm%20blackberry&=
    10-23-13 01:01 PM
    So, in other words, there's a variety of comments about a new app. Sounds normal to me.
    Carjackd and xandermac like this.
    10-23-13 01:44 PM
    I'm just waiting for the first report of android Malware spread via BBM spam, shouldn't take long.

Twitter: xandermac
    10-23-13 02:24 PM
    I'm just waiting for the first report of android Malware spread via BBM spam, shouldn't take long.
    Are BlackBerry 10 devices susceptible to it? I doubt my Bold is.
    10-23-13 02:33 PM
    Are BlackBerry 10 devices susceptible to it? I doubt my Bold is.
    They're susceptible to receiving spam but not any malware attached or linked. Spammers buy lists of PINs. I used to get a little bbm spam in the past.

Twitter: xandermac
    10-23-13 03:01 PM
    Truly horrible movie from the mid 90's that tarnished John Landis' career and extended Tom Arnold's fifteen minutes
    You're giving Tom Arnold a lot of credit if you say his fifteen minutes were extended beyond 1995
    10-23-13 03:12 PM
    Aren't you implying a position of superiority by saying "I weep for the younger generations" therefore being just as pretentious as noted prior?
    no, actually the OP is NOT doing so... they are implying that dismissing an app without trying it, and based on nothing other then bias hate towards a company because it is the in thing to do, is childish. which is true, regardless of the people or the company.

I have seen over 50 people post PINs on my fb wall (that is about 25% of the 'friends' i have) and they all are at least trying BBM... if they complain after that is fine, they have every right to.
    collinc93 likes this.
    10-23-13 03:45 PM
    Ya I have that too ppl are like I left blackberry for a reason
    Or why is everyone going crazy over bbm
    It's a lot of haters who are hating without even trying it out, dismissing others for wanting it

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    10-23-13 04:05 PM
    wait until justin bieber posts up his QR code, then all these haters will become BBM bielivers haha
    Carjackd and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    10-23-13 05:42 PM
    you dont need to go to Twitter, they are here in CB aplenty. Its nice to feel the positive vibe around CB though. Its been a breath of fresh air. The "all together negative ones" still complain, however the most prominent ones seem to now stick to liking or thanking those who try to bash the Berry......its fun to see
    10-24-13 09:20 AM
    The good news is that it's "Really great user friendly and smooth".
    10-24-13 10:22 AM
    I'm finding the vibe is beginning to change a bit on twitter actually

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 05:59 PM
    Personally I love BBM on my iPhone 5 and now I can reconnect with my BBM groups and I am a happy camper.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    10-25-13 06:03 PM
    So many lame apple users.

Don't worry about them. They cheer for each other when they buy iphone on release day after days of lining up. How insane are they? Very!

The "me too" crowd is so Laaaame!

And I fear they are now starting to download bbm cuz of the Line and how cool it is to be "me too" in with bbm now.

I see it happening on instaG

Some really dumb apple users I know are posting pin bars.

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    terminatorx likes this.
    10-25-13 07:30 PM
    I'm finding the vibe is beginning to change a bit on twitter actually

Posted via CB10
    I'm seeing more positive/open-mindedness than not.
    10-25-13 10:01 PM
    Same. Especially as people try it.

I've started a few groups and people really love them.

Yeah... there are a few silly comments like the one I saw on Cbc (" I tried it and it does nothing I message can't do") and occasional pretentious comments on twitter but finding more and more people are sharing pins and liking

Some seem to not get that you can use it to chat with non BlackBerry users now though

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 01:50 PM
    "If you have BBM refrain from speaking to me".

Wow.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    10-26-13 02:29 PM
    Same here in my small group of Coworkers. Several installed it to their Android phones. They're like, hmm. Cool.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    10-26-13 02:31 PM
97 ... 234