I tried to use my prepaid credit card to purchase a few apps on App World but it doesn't seem to work as it keeps on giving me an invalid credit. Seems that it's not yet supported yet but noticing that my purchases went through on my iPod and even Galaxy S3. So I was wondering if we'll be able to use our prepaid credit for the new BB10? I mean, not all of us in here has got a credit card or can afford one.
    01-01-13 03:58 PM
    I have done this for some time now. No problems with any purchases
    01-01-13 04:07 PM
    I have done this for some time now. No problems with any purchases
    Also used them, no problems either. Maybe it's an issue with the card?
    01-01-13 04:15 PM
    I used a prepaid visa, works perfectly
    01-01-13 04:22 PM
    I use a prepaid visa with no problem.
    01-01-13 07:28 PM
    the App world payment system is really buggy. I have cards that work for one BBID, but is rejected when i try to use it for another BBID. Sometimes a card get rejected 3 or 4 times but then magically starts working. I hope it gets fixed soon. How can rim make money if they cant accept payments...
    01-02-13 05:11 AM
    the App world payment system is really buggy. I have cards that work for one BBID, but is rejected when i try to use it for another BBID. Sometimes a card get rejected 3 or 4 times but then magically starts working. I hope it gets fixed soon. How can rim make money if they cant accept payments...
    Agreed. Digital River (RIMs fulfillment company) has for some reason put a hold on your bbid. Do a search on error code 10000 for recent posts on this. RIM suck on this process and say that bb10 will fix it. Hmmmm?
    01-02-13 12:04 PM
    I think they need to have a card similar to the itunes gift card. I was asked to get my brother and itunes gift card for Christmas and since I'm not a crapple fan I refused (got him movie gift cards instead). I debated on the visa/Mastercard pre pays but declined for two reasons. The extra fee I would incurred for activation, and I didn't want him to use it for itunes lol.

I definitely would have bought a Blackberry app world gift card so he could buy apps for the playbook I got him
    JR A likes this.
    01-02-13 05:01 PM
    I think they need to have a card similar to the itunes gift card. I was asked to get my brother and itunes gift card for Christmas and since I'm not a crapple fan I refused (got him movie gift cards instead). I debated on the visa/Mastercard pre pays but declined for two reasons. The extra fee I would incurred for activation, and I didn't want him to use it for itunes lol.

I definitely would have bought a Blackberry app world gift card so he could buy apps for the playbook I got him
    Yeah, prepaid is nice, but can incur fees. A lot of pre-paid cards are fee-less if you have direct deposit going in or if you spend or load it with a certain amount of money. On the other hand, those VISA/MC gift cards are nice since they can be used anywhere V/MC is accepted, but the buyer usually pays around $3-$5 on top of the $20 gift card. I'd rather just get someone a gift card to a place I know they frequent or somewhere like Target or WalMart that offers a wide array of things the person would likely spend money on. That way, I don't feel like I'm being cheated for paying 10-15% fee for a gift card.
    01-02-13 05:26 PM
    I have done this also and there is no problem purchasing using the prepaid card. Its a good thing to have prepaid card because of its practicality but for kids its not a good thing to have because they can easily purchase whatever they want and that is not a good thing.
    03-23-13 01:11 AM