When switching between prepaid carriers monthly, is it hard to get your phone number to port over? Moving over from Verizon to a Passport and wanting to use Tmobile prepaid for out of country travel and Cricket in the US as they have much better coverage.

thks in advance
    07-09-15 12:03 PM
    its not hard at all. I've used tmobile and h20 wireless. doesn't take very long to get it done. With tmobile I would suggest to go in a store and do it there
    07-09-15 12:43 PM
    I went from T-MOBILE prepaid to Cricket and I didn't have any issue. Just don't try to push the limit of your prepaid service. I always port with a week left on my service so I don't get stuck with a failed port and run out of service. People have lost their phone numbers trying to port with too little time left on their service.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 12:43 PM
    Will the old carrier not allow it if you're out of time/money/minutes? Because I know they don't give your # away immediately.

I had no luck porting to/from Boost Mobile, but that won't apply here since I don't think a Passport would work on Boost.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 02:28 PM
    Will the old carrier not allow it if you're out of time/money/minutes? Because I know they don't give your # away immediately.
    Number porting rules (which apply to all carriers, including land lines) require that the line with the number to be ported be active and remain so until the porting process is complete (which will result in the old line being deactivated as part of the process). Thus, if you are out of time/money/minutes, your number is not active, and therefore cannot be ported.
    07-09-15 07:51 PM
    Number porting rules (which apply to all carriers, including land lines) require that the line with the number to be ported be active and remain so until the porting process is complete (which will result in the old line being deactivated as part of the process). Thus, if you are out of time/money/minutes, your number is not active, and therefore cannot be ported.
    Ah ok thanks. Makes sense, though the times I tried porting to/from Boost the numbers were active and it still didn't work. But then again Boost service is pretty barebones, you're definitely getting what you pay for.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 08:00 PM