i use the default music player on my Bold for mp3s on my memory card. i suppose it works ok but does anyone prefer a different player and why?

it would be nice to see a winamp or comparable player - something to stream live webcasts and radio shows. maybe there is something?
    09-22-09 02:36 PM
    There are several other apps for live streaming.
    I'd check the 3rd party app forum.
    09-22-09 02:40 PM
    A few for streaming that come to mind are Flycast, Pandora, and Iheart radio.

Each has their own pluses and minuses and some content can be found on one and not the other.

I recommend giving each one of them a try and determining which one fits your fancy the most.
    09-22-09 04:32 PM
    I use flipside on my 8900 and like it much better than the default player.
    09-22-09 05:07 PM
    there was one i was looking at yesterday but its only for the storm and tour at moment, but i dont mind i really like my default player
    09-22-09 05:30 PM
    A few for streaming that come to mind are Flycast, Pandora, and Iheart radio.

Each has their own pluses and minuses and some content can be found on one and not the other.

I recommend giving each one of them a try and determining which one fits your fancy the most.
    i meant a music app that would stream shoutcast-type content from a user designated server like winamp does. i listen to these regularly at my pc:

http://broilervision.net:8002/listen.pls
    http://kexp-mp3-128k.cac.washington.edu:8000/
    http://shoutcast.weenradio.com:8016/

Flycast, Pandora, and Iheart radio only streams their own content.
    09-22-09 08:18 PM
    I use flipside on my 8900 and like it much better than the default player.
    Flipside is cool because it scrobbles the songs to last.fm. I wish last.fm would get a Blackberry app, so I could listen to my friends' and neighbours' last.fm libraries on my Blackberry. I'd give up Slacker in favour of last.fm if that feature was available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 08:58 PM
    i use the default player for mp3s. Suits me fine.

As far as streaming radio, i like Slacker.

Here's some others:

Slacker (internet radio): Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations

iHeartRadio (internet radio):Your iPhone & BlackBerry are Now Radios - iheartradio.com 350+ Radio Stations, Videos & More

Pandora (internet radio): Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music

Nobex Radio (internet radio): Nobex Radio Companion - Download

FlyCast
    (internet radio): FlyCast - Now your smartphone is complete

Moodio (streams AM/FM radio): Not logged in | Moodio

09-22-09 09:01 PM
    I think the op meant music player to play loaded mp3, not web,

I tried flipside, but I can't get over the fact that you can't adjust volume qhen the bb is not in the app or holster. Dealbreaker.

09-22-09 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD